Notifications
Clear all

Is this a scar?

MemberMember
(@andreaskal1)

Posted : 02/14/2017 5:59 am

After being clear from regimen I just noticed this, wtfff is this an acne scar? I never get these and didn't have a pimple at that spot for like 3 months and even then they were WAYY to small to scar what is it? 

IMG_1102.JPG

IMG_1103.JPG

It only looks like that if I smile

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/14/2017 7:53 am

It could be a scarred pore, or macule. Look under the skin section in the below faq and enlarged pores question, for possible treatments. A small dermastamp could help as well.

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 02/14/2017 11:51 am

3 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

It could be a scarred pore, or macule. Look under the skin section in the below faq and enlarged pores question, for possible treatments. A small dermastamp could help as well.

Will exfoliating help?

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 02/14/2017 12:12 pm

Could it just be flakes?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/14/2017 1:21 pm

No, you can't exfoliate this. See how it's slightly pitted. Could be scarred pore or macule or tethered to the muscle and needs subcision. Depends what happens when she smiles. The best thing to start with is Dermastamping the area monthly. Possibly Retin A cream could help which is tretinorin vitamin a. The pictures aren't so good but I see a depression of the skin.

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 02/14/2017 1:38 pm

17 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

No, you can't exfoliate this. See how it's slightly pitted. Could be scarred pore or macule or tethered to the muscle and needs subcision. Depends what happens when she smiles. The best thing to start with is Dermastamping the area monthly. Possibly Retin A cream could help which is tretinorin vitamin a. The pictures aren't so good but I see a depression of the skin.

Btw the person above is me and its a raised pore what can I do?:

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/14/2017 2:02 pm

19 minutes ago, DandyTsunami said:
37 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

Btw the person above is me and its a raised pore what can I do?:

You have 2 accounts ?andreaskal1 is notDandyTsunami. Please take better pics, they are not clear.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 02/14/2017 2:46 pm

1 hour ago, beautifulambition said:

Do you think dermastamping will work on tethered scars?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/14/2017 2:54 pm

No I don't I am confused by this post 😉 It looks tethered, and it was supposedly a pore. But it's a bump and the person is the same poster with 2 usernames. Anyways...

Tethered scarring really needs subcision or for icepicks tca cross. For small pores this is different. Some people have single needled small pores with success, owndoc.com sell's this and has it for the derminator single needle attachment.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 02/14/2017 3:08 pm

So, i'm a bit confused... My scars won't go away when i smile, but they are gone when i stretch my skin... Are they tethered then?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/14/2017 3:14 pm

They are tethered and need to be subcised. When one stretches their skin this shows that subcision will work as it releases the tethers.

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 02/14/2017 11:58 pm

8 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

They are tethered and need to be subcised. When one stretches their skin this shows that subcision will work as it releases the tethers.

Can you link me to a good one? I think it is a scar no idea how this happend like wtf

MemberMember
(@andreaskal1)

Posted : 02/15/2017 1:04 am

9 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Should I use this? Yea it's same account this acc is logged in from my phone 

IMG_1105.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/15/2017 7:06 am

@DandyTsunami
Could you login on your phone to just one account you also use, it gets confusing. Also the rule is only one account is allowed. It's harder to help people when we don't know who they are.

You could try glycolic though tca cross would work better I would think. TCA cross info can be found in my faq in the signature, go towards the bottom and you will see it. Videos as well. Please note there is down time with TCA cross (If they are depressed), tiny spot TCA peels if they are raised and you will get scabs there, never pick them off. But you could try your glycolic first. Also as I said dermastamping the spot you can buy those online and just stamp it. For raised spots Derms often use steroid injection to shrink it.

@Noa27You would do better with subcision for your scars, this is a better treatment, but you cannot do it at home.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 02/15/2017 9:19 am

2 hours ago, beautifulambition said:
@DandyTsunami
Could you login on your phone to just one account you also use, it gets confusing. Also the rule is only one account is allowed. It's harder to help people when we don't know who they are. 

You could try glycolic though tca cross would work better I would think. TCA cross info can be found in my faq in the signature, go towards the bottom and you will see it. Videos as well. Please note there is down time with TCA cross (If they are depressed), tiny spot TCA peels if they are raised and you will get scabs there, never pick them off. But you could try your glycolic first. Also as I said dermastamping the spot you can buy those online and just stamp it. For raised spots Derms often use steroid injection to shrink it.

@Noa27 You would do better with subcision for your scars, this is a better treatment, but you cannot do it at home.

Problem is that i've done 3 subcisions already :) Didn't help much.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/15/2017 12:11 pm

2 hours ago, Noa27 said:

Make a new post and show me a picture, super close, I want to see the shadow and know what happens when you stretch it. Are you using filler, if not there is nothing to support it.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 02/15/2017 12:46 pm

32 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:
3 hours ago, Noa27 said:

Make a new post and show me a picture, super close, I want to see the shadow and know what happens when you stretch it. Are you using filler, if not there is nothing to support it.

I find it hard to make a good photo... Why do you want to see a photo? Just curious :) And no filler. 

Maybe i will go to another doctor for subcision. 

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/16/2017 2:33 am

@Noa27You can private message me if that's better. I want to see a picture close up of your scar only to help you. Ok hope the new doctors subcision helps better.

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 02/20/2017 1:11 pm

On 15/2/2017 at 2:06 PM, beautifulambition said:
@DandyTsunami

@Noa27You would do better with subcision for your scars, this is a better treatment, but you cannot do it at home.

I am doing the regimen so when should I do the peel? Should I skip a night of the regimen or just spot treat them and put the bp over again?

4 minutes ago, DandyTsunami said:
On 15/2/2017 at 2:06 PM, beautifulambition said:
@DandyTsunami

I am doing the regimen so when should I do the peel? Should I skip a night of the regimen or just spot treat them and put the bp over again?

I don't think there are any dermatologists in greece that do subcision

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/20/2017 1:31 pm

You can peel whenever your not actively broken out around the area to peel. You stop treatment 1 week or 2 before and you peel. If your on accutane stop for a week or 2. Continue the program on zits and spots you arent peeling on.

Greece, if you find one let me know, I can add it to the list. So far I know of very few in Europe Dr. Chu in the UK and a doctor in Denmark (forget name in the faq - bottom). We might have a new one in Germany soon if the poster gets back to me.

These are plastics, I cannot find derms, but this is a us based site.

https://www.realself.com/find/Greece/Plastic-Surgeon

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 02/20/2017 1:38 pm

5 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

You can peel whenever your not actively broken out around the area to peel. You stop treatment 1 week or 2 before and you peel. If your on accutane stop for a week or 2. Continue the program on zits and spots you arent peeling on.

Greece, if you find one let me know, I can add it to the list. So far I know of very few in Europe Dr. Chu in the UK and a doctor in Denmark (forget name in the faq - bottom). We might have a new one in Germany soon if the poster gets back to me.

These are plastics, I cannot find derms, but this is a us based site.

https://www.realself.com/find/Greece/Plastic-Surgeon

I will breakout if I stop using bp for 1 week.. Its basically a scared pore or whatever i really want it gone even though its not very visible only on specific lighting and I get randomly depressed when I see it at that light, Im going for a v-beam most probably should I ask my dermatologist about this scar? Will v-beam remove it since its very very slighty pitted ? Or can you link me to something that will get rid of it? ILY <3

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/20/2017 2:03 pm

Ask your derm what he suggests, vbeam does nothing for skin other than color red and brown.