Extreme dryness and...

Notifications
Clear all

Extreme dryness and dead skin!

MemberMember
(@invitingbody)

Posted : 02/13/2017 9:48 pm

Hello I've been using the acne.org cleanser, bp, and mouisturizer for about 3 months now. It's been working really great however my face looks like a crocodiles skin! Anyone know how to help this? I don't want to stop bp because it's working so great but the peeling skin is tempting

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0866.JPG

MemberMember
(@tomwaits)

Posted : 02/16/2017 12:35 pm

yea my skin looks like this i think its genetic my moms skin like this too , you need to peel this dead skin after a shower and use a moister sorry for my english ...

oh sorry i dont read to youre on bp this is the side effect of the treatment

MemberMember
(@christi112233)

Posted : 02/17/2017 2:54 pm

I would recommend every couple days putting on a TON of moisturizer and then GENTLY wiping off the moisturizer with a damp wash cloth. i know that wash clothes are usually a 'no-no' but sometimes the extra exfoliation can help with the dead skin cells and product left on the skin.

MemberMember
(@invitingbody)

Posted : 02/18/2017 8:58 am

18 hours ago, Christi112233 said:

I would recommend every couple days putting on a TON of moisturizer and then GENTLY wiping off the moisturizer with a damp wash cloth. i know that wash clothes are usually a 'no-no' but sometimes the extra exfoliation can help with the dead skin cells and product left on the skin.

This really helped actually!

MemberMember
(@thatsmoderatelyravyn)

Posted : 02/19/2017 8:56 pm

I've broken down and resorted to using apple cider vinegar to remove dead skin and gently exfoliate. It's an acid, so I figure it will act similarly to the glycolic acid but maybe be gentler? I take a warm, damp baby wash cloth and apply the acv(braggs) to a small corner and then to my face as gently as possible, THEN do the regimen. I don't leave the acv on my face. I've only done this twice in my first month of the regimen, in desperate times. I did this on my 3rd week with great results. It made my skin smooth and less flaky, the next morning it looked great and I felt like my acne.org products sank into my skin so well for some reason. Desperate times, desperate measures. I did what I needed to make it thru lol

Also I used acv for maybe a year before acne.org and always loved it so there's that lol. I used to put it on before applying ponds cold cream and remove with a warm rag with good results but not 100% clarity like with this regimen