Notifications
Clear all

Red marks left from acne

MemberMember
(@apricotsquid)

Posted : 02/13/2017 7:04 pm

Hi, I'm not 100% if this is posted in the correct location, but I have red dots all over my chest. I still occasionally get acne on my chest but it has cleared up a lot in the past year, but I'm still left with tons of red dots. I wash my chest every day and use "Clean & Clear continuous control" on it, and use a Stridex Pad before bed.
I've also tried using lemon juice on it daily but that didn't seem to clear it up. The photo doesn't do a great job of displaying how much it stands out, but it's very noticeable in real life and I'd love it to be clear.

Thanks.

IMG_1761.PNG

fade95 liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/14/2017 12:03 am

Most dr's would give you a steriod cream for this type of thing.

We have all sorts of treatments to try for PIE in in the faq https://www.acne.org/hyperpigmentation.html

Vbeam vascular laser for redness would also help you.

I am sure some are doing IPL or PDL - photofacial or phototherapy for this type of thing. Think of it as like suntanning without the UV.

I have seen some people use fake tan to blend in the reds in their skin.

Lemon would irritate it, acidic.

Have you tried something to dry up the red spots?

MemberMember
(@apricotsquid)

Posted : 02/14/2017 10:25 am

10 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Have you tried something to dry up the red spots?

Thanks so much for the response. I have not tried this, what would be best to try to dry it up?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/14/2017 1:42 pm

I need more information first.

Is your skin dry or inflamed?

Even Acne.org has benzoyl peroxide for the shower, they also have glycolic you could try.

Depends how dry that skin is. I can move this post if you want to ask about the treatment protocol with their product.

Have you tried a simple dial anti bacterial bar or a zinc bar of soap?