Notifications
Clear all

Isotretinoin - Break out

MemberMember
(@sean80822)

Posted : 02/12/2017 2:48 pm

Hi there,

ive just recently been prescribed with isotretinoin and have to take 2x 20mg per day.

ive only now been on it for a week but all of a sudden I've had 2 horrible pustules on my forehead, I've never had them this bad before. One of the spots became quite inflamed and the skin round about had swollen. It's decreased now but still rather red.

was just wondering for anyone who's taken it before if it's normal to have such a bad breakout early on in the treatment?

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 02/12/2017 11:58 pm

hey i'm on my second course because my acne suddenly came back and not to scare you but i'm still breaking out in my fourth month. at about month two my skin was the worst it's ever looked in my whole life. usually they say it gets worse before it gets better, hang in there everyone is different and experiences it differently so you could clear up and never look back or unfortunately it might take longer like it is for me. don't lose hope!

also emu oil has SAVED me with redness. i add a few drops in my moisturizer and within a week redness decreases by 80% plus it won't clog skin.. i get mine from a company called soothe!