Notifications
Clear all

Retin A - UK

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 02/12/2017 8:28 am

I am thinking of trying Retin-A for my face to see if it helps the bad texture I have.

In the UK, Retin A has been discontinued and no doctors prescribe this anymore.

I'm temped to buy from an online chemist but I really don't trust it.

Where do you buy yours from?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/12/2017 9:29 am

Try Ebay, Amazon, owndoc.com, search also fortretinoin, and tazorac

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 02/12/2017 10:32 am

1 hour ago, beautifulambition said:

Try Ebay, Amazon, owndoc.com, search also fortretinoin, and tazorac

Are you from the UK, may I ask?

Owndoc do not stock it.

I suppose I could try eBay, Amazon etc, but how would I know these are legit products?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/12/2017 11:01 am

@FortunesHillif you could get legit product you would goto your doctor. Otherwise like everyone else you go on the sites ( owndoc stopped selling it) and look at the reviews. It's not heart medication, it's simply a cream ? Ebay always refunds the buyer. Otherwise goto Paulas Choice they sell in the UK and Europe and order a vitamin a product. It will not be as much as a cream or gel retin a product.

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 02/12/2017 11:39 am

40 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:
@FortunesHillif you could get legit product you would goto your doctor. Otherwise like everyone else you go on the sites ( owndoc stopped selling it) and look at the reviews. It's not heart medication, it's simply a cream ? Ebay always refunds the buyer. Otherwise goto Paulas Choice they sell in the UK and Europe and order a vitamin a product. It will not be as much as a cream or gel retin a product.

What I am saying is - What may look like the genuine product, on any website that is not trusted, may not be the real thing. This could mean there is anything in the product, they may harm your face.

Your right, it's not a heart medication, but no one wants to ruin there face.

I would trust Paulas Choice, but they don't sell Retin A?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/12/2017 11:57 am

They sell products with vitamin a, and products that act like retin a just not as strong.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/anti-aging/_/how-to-use-retinol-products

I gave you the brands, and names, you go by the reviews. If you do not like the products. Buy Paulas Choice or goto your doctor and buy the product.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tretinoin

TretinoinListen to pronunciation
Common brands:Atralin,Refissa,Tretin-X
Vitamin A derivative
It can treat acne and other skin conditions when applied topically. Its oral form can treat a specific type of leukemia.
Possible ways to take this drug

1. 1 of 2
    Drug precautions by mouthTaken by mouth

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 02/12/2017 1:47 pm

@beautifulambitionThanks for your reply.

Retin A, is not available in the UK by doctor unfortunately. Doctors now prescribe Isotrex, do you have any knowledge on this, if it is any good?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/12/2017 1:55 pm

It's the same thing ;-p

Isotrex (isotretinoin) is a good alternative to the medicine Roaccutane. The gel has the same effectiveness and helps well to treat acne.

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 02/12/2017 2:23 pm

26 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

It's the same thing ;-p

Isotrex (isotretinoin) is a good alternative to the medicine Roaccutane. The gel has the same effectiveness and helps well to treat acne.

Thanks, I will book in to see my GP and hopefully get some on order.

So you think Isotrex may help skin texture? I don't have Acne.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/12/2017 3:14 pm

It's for redness, large pores, texture, faster cell turn over, wrinkles. But your GP maybe not prescribe it because of cost if you don't have exactly what they are looking for ie. acne. They consider it cosmetic then and not medical.

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 02/12/2017 3:51 pm

Thanks @beautifulambition.

For anyone else who finds this topic, and wants to know the same thing, you can order Isotrex from a REGISTERED online UK Chemist. Yes, you need a prescription, but if submit a free online consultation, telling the doctor what you require it for, the doctor may approve it and give you the prescription.

I put in the consultation last night and had a doctor reply today who has issued the prescription. Sounds weird, but that's technology for your nowadays.

Will be ordering tonight.

-

Btw, last question..

You know like Isotrex gel containsisotretinoin, andRoaccutanes main ingredient isisotretinoin..

SinceRoaccutanes can cause bad healing, does that mean Isotrex Gel can effect future healing too? The reason I ask is because I am currently going through a series of subcision, I don't want it to effect my healing process.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/13/2017 2:06 am

Use retin a after please, or at least give 2 weeks before and after procedure. Let the subcsion heal fully and then you can use it. Won't hurt to have on hand.

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 02/13/2017 8:13 am

@beautifulambitionThanks.

I have been given Isotrex (Isotretinion tropical) today from my doctor.

He said isotretinoin is the active ingredient to accutane.

What part in Isotretinion is the harmful part taken orally, the ISO, or the TRETINOIN.

The fact it is the same ingredient used in Accutane puts me off, but then again, it could just be that taking Tretinoin orally is the harmful part, and the ISO makes no difference.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/13/2017 9:29 am

@FortunesHill Just so were on the same page accutane and retin a have vitamin a as the main ingredients, in fact it's much stronger and purified to provide just the stimulating part. Your not taking anything internally I hope. Just a topical skin treatment. Tretinoin is the generic name for retin a. I looked up Isotrex was it and it was the same thing. I will paste below. I have no clue what Iso is. Your not taking this orally, its a topical. Retin A is a topical. Accutane is internal for acne only. Retin A is gentler than Isotrex, so if using it not for acne. Please skip a few days in between application for wrinkles, cell turnover, scars, hyperpigmentation, etc. Otherwise it "may" be to strong. Always stop retin a or tretinoin / etc before any skin procedure (2 weeks), do not use with another item like BP for zits (doubling). IF your skin gets dry or flakes please use moisturizers often, and do not use as often if it gets to strong. Wear suncreen!

"Not to worry, you've got the medication you're supposed to have. Retin-A is a brand name for the drug tretinoin.

(Yes, even medications have brand names.)

Retin-A has become the most popular term used when referring to topical tretinoin treatments. But many companies manufacture topical tretinoin."  https://www.verywell.com/what-is-the-difference-between-retin-a-and-tretinoin-15653

Isotrex contains the active ingredient isotretinoin and helps for severe form of acne and rosacea (acne rosacea). The gel ensures that the acne symptoms disappeared within a few weeks.

The gel ensures that the acne symptoms disappeared within a few weeks. It reduces excessive sebum production, and ensures that the sebaceous glands don™t grow. Cell division of the upper layer of skin is stimulated, allowing that old cells quickly disappear. In addition, Isotrex ensures that new pimples or blackheads formation will not arise and inhibits the inflammatory response, which reduces redness.

How do you use Isotrex?

Use Isotrex as directed by your doctor. You bring the gel to the skin where acne occurs. In general, lubricate 1 to 2 times a day. Was your hands after use.
After 6-8 weeks you already notice results and acne is clearly reduced.

Side effects

Using Isotrex give possibly side effects. You may get dry lips, eyes or nose. Other possible side effects include muscle or joint pain and when using a high dose, it is possible that you may experience temporary hair loss. This is rare. When stopping treatment, the hair will grow back. You can read the complete list of side effects in the Isotrex leaflet.

Be aware:
Don™t use Isotrex during pregnancy or when breast feeding. Also, children younger than 12 years are not recommended to use the medicine.

Difference Between Retin A and Topical Isotrex Gel?

Thank you for your question. They are both form of retinoid. They help slough off dead skin cells and help control acne formation. I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Dermatologist for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD 
Bay Area Dermatologist 
4.2 out of 5 stars      11 reviews 
www.elitemdspa.com

What is the difference between Retin A and Topical Isotrex Gel

Hi there,

Retin-A and Isotrex Gel both belong to a group of medications called retinoids.  However, Isotrex Gel is found outside the U.S. Both topical medications help with the following: make your skin less oily, loosen blackheads and whiteheads, stop new blackhead and whiteheads from forming, and lowers the number of inflamed red acne spots.

Hope this helps.

Lenore Sikorski, MD

Lenore Sikorski, MD 
Orange County Dermatologist 
4.3 out of 5 stars      24 reviews 
www.drsikorski.com

MemberMember
(@bloomingwasp)

Posted : 02/13/2017 10:06 am

fwiw im in the UK and my derm prescribed treclin , which i believe is known as ziana in the US.
before that the best i could find was paula's choice 1% retinol. i didn't use that long enough to know if made any difference though.

i don't blame you for being wary of online pharmacies, i haven't used this one but if you read the articles linked onsite i believe it is run by a UK GP and therefore seems safer than the international pharmacies?
https://www.doctorfox.co.uk/acne-treatment/

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 02/13/2017 2:46 pm

@beautifulambitionThanks for your post and the time you taken with that, it was very informative.

If the tropical I was given was a tretinoin, and not an isotretinoin, I would have felt safer. No one seems to know anything about the ISO part of the drug, which makes me concerned using it for cosmetic use.

Google is not by best friend on this occasion, because anything to do with iso is coming up too scientific, which is way beyond me!

@BloomingWaspI have seen that one, and I agree it is legit. The only problem is, any legit UK pharmacies that are registered don't sell the original Retin A brands, e.g. A-Ret, Retino A etc. The closest I have found that is closest to tretinoin and not isotretinoin, is Isotrex.

Another trusted chemist that is registered with the NHS is http://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk . You can request for the prescription online without seeing a doctor.

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 02/15/2017 7:30 pm

It's my 3rd day using the Isotrex gel, I have some MSM cream too which I have never tried, is it wise to use them together? Eg: Isotrex at night, and MSM cream in the day?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/16/2017 2:26 am

MSM is sulfur, it may dry out the skin. Please patch test and find out in a small spot. Retin A takes time to work and thins the skin by creating constant regrowth quickly. You may want to alternate on diffrent days MSM and Retin A if there are any problems.

MemberMember
(@yuzuhouse)

Posted : 04/04/2017 3:06 am

I've been getting 0.05% Retin A  online from a great store. It comes from Thailand but it is 100% authentic real non expired Retin A. It's also includes free shipping and tracking number. It's about $20-25 per 10G tube or so. No regrets and I am loving Retin a.  I also have a coupon code for 15% off any purchase over $30 which I received on my last purchase but there is no limit on it :)
I will link to it and show a photo of what I get.
[Pimple Bye Bye]

Retin a 20g.JPG
MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 09/24/2017 7:51 pm

I have used Jenssen & Cilag retin a for many years which is the same retin a in the above picture.

MemberMember
(@owen2000)

Posted : 06/22/2020 9:55 am

On 2/12/2017 at 7:28 PM, FortunesHill said:

I am thinking of trying Retin-A for my face to see if it helps the bad texture I have.

In the UK, Retin A has been discontinued and no doctors prescribe this anymore.

I'm temped to buy from an online chemist but I really don't trust it.

Where do you buy yours from?

Hello.

If you're still looking at using Retin-A. You can get it via Dermatica [removed]