Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cranjack

Dealing with an unavoidable irritation...

I've struggled with acne since puberty. Described as moderate, and usually swollen white heads on face and neck.

For the first time in my life, I started seeing someone. About a week after we started kissing, I awoke to four cysts on my chin. I was horrified, but the horror turned to anguish when it was eight cysts on my chin by the end of the week. I am a teacher, and having multiple kids ask me "What's on your chin?" or "What's wrong with your skin?" can really take its toll on me.

I amped up my routine - I don't use acne.org but rather a mix of things I've been told from dermatologists I've seen (benzyl peroxide cleanser, then salicylic acid, then benzyl spot, then moisturizer). It helped, but my chin is still a disgusting mess. And I think I know why - his stubble. His stubble rubs my chin raw. I now try to moisturize like crazy beforehand, but clearly it's not helping enough.

Apart from ending kissing or asking him to shave more (his hair grows so fast I don't think it matters), what can I do to combat an irritant? There must be something (maybe the glycolic acid from acne.org?). I really can't go on like this.

Thanks in advance.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes