Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone, that's my first thread on this forum. Found it somewhere in the Internet cause I was looking for help and here's my story. As I started puberty, I got acne. It wasn't as bad as in some cases but it left me with scars - especially on the temples. Anyway - when I was 18 I've started taking isotretinoin for about a year and I got rid of acne. About a year after my isotretinoin therapy had ended I underwent a sieries of fraxel laser treatment (for the scars) - the last one was 2 weekes ago so the skin doesn't look healthy yet (redness and the peeling). I'm describing this so that you knew my situtation. 
I'd like you to assess condition of my skin. Especially the center of the forehead - don't you think there's something weird going on - I've got a problem with those dark little dots, what are they, are they scars? How can I get rid of them? 
Sorry if I made any mistakes writing this - English is not my first language :) .

DSCF8434 (2).JPG

DSCF8436.JPG

DSCF8438.JPG

DSCF8439.JPG

Your two weeks out of laser, side effects can last for a few months.

I do not see scars, typically when we take pictures of scars ... you can use a flashlight to show the shadows. Most people here would love the texture of your skin. I see incredibly dry skin. Use a pure Hyaluronic Acid serum (no extra stuff) from like Amazon, you may also take the pills HA and fish oil internally. Are you using sunscreen? 

Have you tried Retin A cream you can buy several places online, it will do cell turn over of your skin.

I see minor macules or tiny boxscars, possibly large pores. You may do dermaneedling we all like owndoc.com 's derminator it's the cost of one needling session at a doctor or med spa. TCA peels could also help you. But your skin is pretty smooth so I would try Acne.orgs (see top of website store) Glycolic Acid as it's a bit gentler. You possibly have rosacea see a derm to confirm. 

Your doctor who did the fraxel should have something for hyerpigmentation which are reds or dark spots.

17 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Your two weeks out of laser, side effects can last for a few months.

I do not see scars, typically when we take pictures of scars ... you can use a flashlight to show the shadows. Most people here would love the texture of your skin. I see incredibly dry skin. Use a pure Hyaluronic Acid serum (no extra stuff) from like Amazon, you may also take the pills HA and fish oil internally. Are you using sunscreen? 

Have you tried Retin A cream you can buy several places online, it will do cell turn over of your skin.

I see minor macules or tiny boxscars, possibly large pores. You may do dermaneedling we all like owndoc.com 's derminator it's the cost of one needling session at a doctor or med spa. TCA peels could also help you. But your skin is pretty smooth so I would try Acne.orgs (see top of website store) Glycolic Acid as it's a bit gentler. You possibly have rosacea see a derm to confirm. 

Your doctor who did the fraxel should have something for hyerpigmentation which are reds or dark spots.

Well thx for your answer. As for the peeling - it happpens normally after every fraxel laser treatment.
I'd like to show you one picture more. In this picture you can see the circles that I made to show you what exactly I was talking about. Can you see the difference between them? That's sth that I hate the most. So what is it exactly? (And I know bc of the quality you may not see this clearly enough - but the last pic is the best I have).
And one more thing I don't buy this type of sayings: "Most people here would love the texture of your skin."- it's a type of self-enhancement (to be more specific: downward social comparison)  that's good only for short periods of time, if we used it constantly we would never achive anything above our situation (that's why there are upward social comparisons too).

circles.jpg

20170212_093507-1 (2).jpg

Edited by worriedboy96

Hyperpigmentation, get vascular laser Vbeam, picosure, bbl or ipl done. But you need to heal fully after fraxel. Again your skin is too dry to just have had laser done. Pure HA serum, tipple antibiotic cream, and aloe vera and honey is great for healing.