About to call it qu...

Notifications
Clear all

About to call it quits on regimen

MemberMember
(@isabellaaaap)

Posted : 02/09/2017 12:27 pm

I've been using the regimen for two months and I don't know what to do anymore. Yes, my skin has been clearer since using it but I've about had it with dryness/flakiness/itching! My skin feels so scaly because its so dry and it itches and burns when using the regimen. I've tried not using BP twice a day but then I would break out! I use jojoba oil before using BP which helped for a dew days but then stopped working. I can't even wear my bb cream/tinted moisturizer because the dryness is so obvious when wearing it. Although I like how my skin has improved a little, this dryness is the worst! Anyone have any advice/tips on what to do?

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 02/09/2017 12:40 pm

You can peel of the flakiness in the morning using a warm soft wash cloth and use carave moistoruzing cream and its bearable. keep going untill your skin is 100%clear and u wont have to use makeup ;

MemberMember
(@upliftedfeet)

Posted : 02/13/2017 10:38 pm

I've been on the regimen for about 8 months now and I had a period of extreme dryness when I first started - peeling, flaking, literally falling off my face of I brushed it accidentally. I started using jojoba oil morning and night (really load it on overnight, 12 drops for me). I also started using the cetaphil moisturizing cream at night. It makes me look oily and I know some people don't like the ingredients but it worked for me. I thought it would be too heavy because it's so thick but it hasn't caused me to break out. I also drink lots of water. I also use the AHA at night, so maybe try that when you can, can't remember how long they say to wait.

I don't know if my changes are what helped or if I just got used to the BP but I haven't had bad dryness in probably 5 months, skin stays totally clear. I'd say stick with it, good luck!

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 02/15/2017 2:33 pm

I totally understand....I'm in the same boat. My skin looks like a reptile's, it's so flaky and gross. I have to wear makeup since my skin is so blotchy and blemished, but then halfway through the day, you can obviously tell I'm wearing it as my skin peels. My skin is clearer but I'm not sure if it's even worth it if my skin looks terrible anyway? I've been using it for 8 weeks...I'll give it another 6-8 weeks before I give up for good.

MemberMember
(@beautyandblemishes)

Posted : 02/15/2017 4:07 pm

I have about the 4-5 month mark on the regimen. within a month or so of using the products (B.P and AHA) I noticed that my skin was flaky, burned, andvery dry. The reason was for a combination ofmanythings, however primarily from over using the AHA, which is a glycolic acid. Since then I have minimized the amountand daysthat I use AHA. my skin is slowly adjusting to the regimen products. Just like yourself I have noticed a slight change in my skin. I would recommend that you continue the use of products if you are noticing a difference In your skin. the flakiness is apart of the healing process. DONT GIVE UP AFTER ONLY A MONTH. Try using a hydrating face mask throughout the week and over use the recommended moisturizer. I hope everything works in your favor.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 02/15/2017 4:32 pm

My skin was dry up until the 5th month of the regimen. It will always be different from people but if your face is dry, add more moisturizer throughout the day. And when you are asleep make sure you have more than enough on your face.

At the end of the day it is your choice, but it would be a shame cause it was working to clear you up.

MemberMember
(@thismacne)

Posted : 02/16/2017 7:56 am

Took 3 month to get less dry for me.
try to use jojoba / moisturizer mixed at night for 1 week

MemberMember
(@aru27)

Posted : 02/16/2017 11:51 pm

Hey! I am on the 8th month of using the regimen and can safely say it works. I had a very dry phase from month 2 almost up to month 4-5. I switched my moisturiser to Cetaphil as the acne.org moisturiser just wasn't working for me. Cetaphil made me a little oily but a few paper napkins solved that problem and it was better than having flaky skin. It totally got rid of my flakiness. Month 2-4 test really test your patience so don't give up! You're very close to clearing up your skin!

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@jus2clutch)

Posted : 02/17/2017 9:26 pm

I Feel you i HATED the regimen ... although it did clear up some blemishes I still kept breaking out + I hated doing the regimen every day ... the dryness and flakiness was unbearable .. I stopped using all the products and hopped on accutane .. been two days on it now

You have to ask yourself...do you really want to do the regimen every single day for the rest of your life

MemberMember
(@thatsmoderatelyravyn)

Posted : 02/19/2017 9:10 pm

I used to love apple cider vinegar before the regimen. During a moment of weakness and extreme flakiness I broke down and used it during my third week of acne.org.I've never let it sit in my skin, I always apply it to a warm damp baby wash cloth and gently rub it over my skin, Then I do the regimen. It removes a lot of the flakes and makes my skin So smooth the next day, and my acne.org products just melt into my skin much easier. I wouldn't recommend doing this often, but if you're thinking of quitting the regimen, try this until it's safe to use the AHA. It might help! I used acv for like a year before the regimen and never felt like it broke me out, so there's that.

MemberMember
(@isabellaaaap)

Posted : 02/24/2017 8:00 pm

On February 9, 2017 at 0:27 PM, isabellaaaap said:

I've been using the regimen for two months and I don't know what to do anymore. Yes, my skin has been clearer since using it but I've about had it with dryness/flakiness/itching! My skin feels so scaly because its so dry and it itches and burns when using the regimen. I've tried not using BP twice a day but then I would break out! I use jojoba oil before using BP which helped for a dew days but then stopped working. I can't even wear my bb cream/tinted moisturizer because the dryness is so obvious when wearing it. Although I like how my skin has improved a little, this dryness is the worst! Anyone have any advice/tips on what to do?

hey everyone!! thanks for the comments, i appreciate them a lot! I now use the cerave moisturizing cream and it works wonders!!! My skin only occasionally gets dry and i'm so thankful! I now use BP only at night and although I'm breaking out a lot cheeks currently I'm not gonna give up. From everyones comments I can tell it just takes time & patience! Thanks!

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 02/26/2017 1:38 am

Cerave moisturizer is bad for your skin it has cereth 20 + cetyl alcohol which is a 4 on the comesogenic scale. Might be causing more breakouts.

MemberMember
(@isabellaaaap)

Posted : 02/27/2017 5:45 pm

On February 26, 2017 at 1:38 AM, VulneraryRain said:

Cerave moisturizer is bad for your skin it has cereth 20 + cetyl alcohol which is a 4 on the comesogenic scale. Might be causing more breakouts.

omg thank you for letting me know! i definitely will do more research. do you know any moisturizers that work as an alternative for it?

MemberMember
(@isabellaaaap)

Posted : 02/27/2017 7:00 pm

follow my instagram @iz.acne.journey for updates on my skin and skincare routine!

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 03/03/2017 9:48 pm

Eucerin 5% urea face cream is the best. Dry skin go bye bye.
Dan and many users long ago suggested this ive been using it because the dkr moisturizer wasnt cutting it my face always felt tight, but this moisturizer restores your face ability to retain water. You can only get it online from uk takes 2 weeks to arrive. Lookfantastic is a website where I order mine from.

MemberMember
(@isabellaaaap)

Posted : 03/05/2017 12:51 am

On 2/15/2017 at 2:33 PM, klessard said:

I totally understand....I'm in the same boat. My skin looks like a reptile's, it's so flaky and gross. I have to wear makeup since my skin is so blotchy and blemished, but then halfway through the day, you can obviously tell I'm wearing it as my skin peels. My skin is clearer but I'm not sure if it's even worth it if my skin looks terrible anyway? I've been using it for 8 weeks...I'll give it another 6-8 weeks before I give up for good.

Glad I'm not alone! I switched to cerave moisturizing cream which made my skin less dry but I think it broke me out. i'm back to using acne.org moisturizer but I'm breaking out a lot! 3 months and acne.org not working for me... I'll give it one more month than I quit.

On 2/16/2017 at 11:51 PM, Aru27 said:

Hey! I am on the 8th month of using the regimen and can safely say it works. I had a very dry phase from month 2 almost up to month 4-5. I switched my moisturiser to Cetaphil as the acne.org moisturiser just wasn't working for me. Cetaphil made me a little oily but a few paper napkins solved that problem and it was better than having flaky skin. It totally got rid of my flakiness. Month 2-4 test really test your patience so don't give up! You're very close to clearing up your skin!

Good luck!

Thanks! By what month did your skin clear up?