Notifications
Clear all

AHA skin care after TCA Cross *update*

MemberMember
(@kat22)

Posted : 02/07/2017 7:46 pm

Update: I did the TCA cross (100%) on the 1st of February. All of the scabs are now off. It seems the best results are from the spots that the scabs remained on the longest. Three of them stayed on until the past couple of days, and they are almost level with the rest of my face already. I have some improvement with some of the others, some not so much. I am going to Cross again mid-March. I had quite a bit of redness in the scars when the scabs came off, but they have faded rather well.

Is there a way to keep the scabs from coming off early? I would like them to stay on as long as possible. I wonder if I should wear bandages at night when I go to bed to keep them from rubbing on the pillow, and to keep mefrom scratching in my sleep (if I was).

I am going to take "before" pictures before my next Cross. I am insecure about my face, obviously, but I will take pics through the next session and post them here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After much research, I have come up with nothing. Perhaps I am just not looking in the right place! I did a TCA Cross 6 days ago, and I am wondering, after all of the scabs have come off, how soon can I go back to using my Mandelic Acid Cleanser and Toner?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/08/2017 2:24 am

Not for a few weeks depending on the acid strength on the spots used used TCA on . You should be using a gental cleanser on these. Collagen takes time to build. You don't want to acid on acid while healing. 2-4 weeks to be safe. If's its dilute it might be ok sooner than that. You don't want to peel on those spots though. Just be cautious.

kat22 liked