Notifications
Clear all

Getting too much - 6 years of torture.

MemberMember
(@liam-foster)

Posted : 02/06/2017 5:57 pm

So I haven't posted on here for a good while. Im 24 now and when I was 19 I started to develop severe acne that progressed from mild. Iv'e pretty much lost all that I can think of in my life and then some because of it all - jobs, friends, relationships, family - my future. I did get my skin to a manageable point about 2 years ago on Dan Kern's regime and have been using his products the past 2 years however they slowly started to lose their effect and my skin just tolerated it more and more.

These past 2 months my skin is the worst it's ever been. Deep, red, painful cysts, whiteheads, papules, you name it. It disgusts me to even look at myself. And you know the hardest thing? I don't even know why it keeps getting worse and worse. Im getting clusters of acne on top of current acne, my skin is so red it's embarrassing. My diet is probably the healthiest it's even been, organic everything, no sugar, grains, dairy, gluten, anything. I take powerful supplements, all the ones that get recommended however nothing seems to budge it, or even make a slight difference - especially just lately.

Now I have to admit I just recently started to use a tinted moisturiser and a mens foundation that I think could be causing me to have more severe breakouts but the cache 22 is that I cant leave the house if I havent applied it to hide my shame. My skin regime is pretty crap too since Im too scared to even try new stuff. The only thing i use is dans cleanser and moisturiser, i dont like BP anymore since it dries out my skin too much and plus my acne has become somewhat immune to it.

Ive got no future, friends, family bonds, ive got nothing. It's rid me of everything. Acne needs to be taken way more seriously than it is, it's a killer. It breaks you down and tortures you. There must be a reason why every person I know, who I see in the street doesn't have severe acne like me - what's wrong with me internally to be doing this? Heavy metals?

Im a loner, a recluse. I want to travel and get away but im stuck, because of how severe my acne is. I just don't know what to do anymore - i have tried everything apart from accutane.

I am severely depressed and Im not ashamed to admit it.

kccopley liked
MemberMember
(@kenharrison)

Posted : 02/06/2017 6:12 pm

12 minutes ago, Liam Foster said:

So I haven't posted on here for a good while. Im 24 now and when I was 19 I started to develop severe acne that progressed from mild. Iv'e pretty much lost all that I can think of in my life and then some because of it all - jobs, friends, relationships, family - my future. I did get my skin to a manageable point about 2 years ago on Dan Kern's regime and have been using his products the past 2 years however they slowly started to lose their effect and my skin just tolerated it more and more.

These past 2 months my skin is the worst it's ever been. Deep, red, painful cysts, whiteheads, papules, you name it. It disgusts me to even look at myself. And you know the hardest thing? I don't even know why it keeps getting worse and worse. Im getting clusters of acne on top of current acne, my skin is so red it's embarrassing. My diet is probably the healthiest it's even been, organic everything, no sugar, grains, dairy, gluten, anything. I take powerful supplements, all the ones that get recommended however nothing seems to budge it, or even make a slight difference - especially just lately.

Now I have to admit I just recently started to use a tinted moisturiser and a mens foundation that I think could be causing me to have more severe breakouts but the cache 22 is that I cant leave the house if I havent applied it to hide my shame. My skin regime is pretty crap too since Im too scared to even try new stuff. The only thing i use is dans cleanser and moisturiser, i dont like BP anymore since it dries out my skin too much and plus my acne has become somewhat immune to it.

Ive got no future, friends, family bonds, ive got nothing. It's rid me of everything. Acne needs to be taken way more seriously than it is, it's a killer. It breaks you down and tortures you. There must be a reason why every person I know, who I see in the street doesn't have severe acne like me - what's wrong with me internally to be doing this? Heavy metals?

Im a loner, a recluse. I want to travel and get away but im stuck, because of how severe my acne is. I just don't know what to do anymore - i have tried everything apart from accutane.

I feel you bro, I'm in the same boat. Just can't figure out why the hell my face is a mess maybe my hormones idk but see if it could be your hormones

12 minutes ago, Liam Foster said:

I feel you bro, I'm in the same boat. Just can't figure out why the hell my face is a mess maybe my hormones idk but see if it could be your hormones

MemberMember
(@liam-foster)

Posted : 02/06/2017 6:19 pm

It's horrible, mate. Like I keep imagining how good my life would be without it - all the thing I could do. There's just nothing that seems to be working. It's just worse and worse each day. How can anyone live like this? Im 24, i shouldnt have to suffer from it this bad when everyone else goes on with their life as they wish.

Accutane is probably my only option. And even after it might work my acne will still come back - it always does.

MemberMember
(@kenharrison)

Posted : 02/07/2017 5:50 am

Yeah I wish I had all the answers, it's like I had so many plans with my life but acne is still in my way n just don't know why. I'm only 20 bro n it's had for all of us living like this daily. But yeah get on accutane that might be the answer your looking for n good luck.

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 02/07/2017 4:52 pm

Go for accutane if it's impacting on your life like mine then go for it. Your acne may never come back. No one should have to feel sad everyday. Good luck and keep your head up!

MemberMember
(@liam-foster)

Posted : 02/07/2017 5:08 pm

13 minutes ago, Misssadsack said:

Go for accutane if it's impacting on your life like mine then go for it. Your acne may never come back. No one should have to feel sad everyday. Good luck and keep your head up!

Thank you, yeah I think it's what's best so far. Im just completely lost. It's the worst its ever been and it keeps on getting worse.

I have started to use this tinted moisturiser for men and mens foundation thought and I do think that they are having a really bad impact, but my acne is so bad right now that i simply cant stop using, i NEED to cover them up. I think I shouldnt apply both the moisturiser AND the foundation perhaps on top

MemberMember
(@winter09)

Posted : 02/07/2017 5:41 pm

Have you tried the gycolic aha 10 percent from this site?

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 02/08/2017 11:09 am

On 2/6/2017 at 5:57 PM, Liam Foster said:

Maybe it's time to try Accutane...I'm so sorry, I'm in a similar place to where you are right now where I feel acne has robbed me of so much, including my confidence and positive outlook on life, and it's pissing me off so I want to try something more effective. It's not your fault this is happening, millions of people feel exactly like you do right now and many have been cured and it will be okay in the end. There may be a reason, there may not be one. For me, it's a hormonal imbalance that I suspect is either inflammatory pcos or adrenal fatigue or both...my blood work came back abnormal. So it could be worth getting your blood checked to see if you have an imbalance of some kind, especially in your adrenal glands, which is cortisol, aldosterone, dhea-s, etc. In that case, you may be able to alleviate some of the acne with TCM herbs or naturopathic treatment. And even if natural treatments do work to an extent but you still feel you're oily or have a few too many pimples for your liking, just try the Accutane with caution. Many people who use it never get acne or oily skin again...or if they do get acne it's much milder than before. I think a lot of the worst side effects are overblown when it comes to Accutane. And most of the time, we adapt to negative SE's within the first 4 weeks of treatment, and they get better!

MemberMember
(@jakeh)

Posted : 02/10/2017 8:02 pm

Have you tried messing around with you diet at all?

MemberMember
(@soundschedule)

Posted : 02/11/2017 3:49 am

Liam- your original post touches home for me on a variety of levels. It brings me to tears to read how you describe your current situation. I sympathize with your struggles, and can also empathize with you because I have been there and it is a very dark place.

I remember my own crossroads in choosing whether to take Accutane. There is a very dark cloud that surrounds this course of action for some reason. But I, like you, had to accept that I had tried everything and I just needed for it to get better for me. I can tell you- no bullshit- that it truly does. I took Accutane for 5 months and I looked liked a red tomato and had to moisturize like a Kardashian but now- a year later- I can say it was by far worth it because I just feel so much better

I truly hope that you do what is best for you- because that is most important. In writing this to you, I hope that you see better that Accutane is not the monster people make it out to be. I also hope you know you have people on this website that care greatly about your progress and only want to see you do all the things you want to do but feel at this point in your life you can not. You can always message me if you need to talk. I wish you all the best.

kccopley liked
MemberMember
(@jadanc)

Posted : 02/12/2017 9:25 am

This isn't that important but, make sure you are properly taking the tinted moisturizer and foundation off or else it can sink in your pores and make the acne worse, it happened to me when I wasn't taking my makeup off properly. Use jojoba oil a lot of it rub it on top of the makeup and use a wet washcloth and remove it before washing your face. Oil is the best to remove makeup and a lot more gentle than wipes, and other makeup removers. I don't know if this helped you but I hope it did.

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 02/16/2017 12:28 pm

Liam, I was where you are now about 10 years back. There was not a patch of clear skin on my face. So I feel for you, I really do. I would not normally say this but I think you can visit a doctor and go on Accutane. If it lets you be yourself, be happy and clears your skin it would be so worth it. For now don't worry about acne coming back. Focus on one step at a time.

MemberMember
(@kccopley)

Posted : 02/18/2017 2:24 am

On 2/6/2017 at 5:57 PM, Liam Foster said:

I'm 25 myself and reading this I can relate so much. Having acne hurts you in so many ways. I have cried myself to sleep, cried looking in the mirror, excluded myself from relationships. I dread taking off my makeup knowing what's underneath. It's horrible, miserable, not fair, and is something I know I never thought I would be dealing with in my mid twenties. I feel for you so much, just keep on moving forward. Don't give up thats the biggest thing I'm learning, if something isn't working for your face move on to the next. I know its hard but we deserve to be happy and we cant let acne beat us.

jwalk liked