Notifications
Clear all

Dry, Discolored patch of skin on face

MemberMember
(@meteorickelp)

Posted : 02/06/2017 3:45 pm

Hi!!!! So I'm not sure what happened, but some of the skin on my left cheek started to become really dry, rough and leathery to the touch & darker than the rest of my skin. The pores on this patch used to be much more pronounced, but I'm not sure if its going away or just changing look. This has been a problem for 2 weeks! I've always had bad skin; but never discolored and rough. I'm thinking I overexfoliated & damaged the new skin with tea tree oil (i never seem to dilute it enough!!) Any tips?? Hered a picture

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/08/2017 10:08 am

Tea Tree oil can cause new scars. Please discontinue until you improve on these areas. You should possibly see a dermatologist if you feel your not getting better. I believe they are PIE if you press on them and they loose some color, Otherwise they are PIH - pigmentation. Many start with honey and aloe vera for them.

Lots of treatments here
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/365640-qa-faq-post-inflammatory-erythema-pie-post-inflammatory-hyperpigmentation-pih-hypopigmentation-read-before-posting/

MemberMember
(@ash97)

Posted : 01/25/2019 11:45 am

Hello I have the same issue. Did you find anything that worked for you? If so do you mind sharing please