Notifications
Clear all

Make-Up Removal without Irritation?

MemberMember
(@purpah)

Posted : 02/06/2017 1:48 pm

So after watching all the videos and researching and ordering my regimen, I had a question in regards to makeup removal. This entire regimen is based on "Irritation = Acne" and warns against rubbing the face and stuff like that.

So my question is what about makeup removal? How am I supposed to remove makeup without irritating my skin? Does anyone have any advice or techniques?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 02/09/2017 6:33 am

Removing makeup can be a tricky one these days, I mean, back in the 80s and early 90s, the stuff slid right off your face with any decent cleanser. Now...these foundations and concealers DON'T COME OFF. Which is a serious problem--they contain MORE comedogenic ingredients now than they used to. It's important to get it off...
All that said, I use Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser. I've tried a zillion others (most of which break me out) and nothing else compares. I can use a very small amount and super-gently massage it around for like 30 seconds (little more attention on the eye makeup) and it melts it off my face...I don't end up just driving the makeup deeper into my pores.

Purpah liked
MemberMember
(@spicynatalie)

Posted : 03/19/2017 1:33 pm

i think oil makeup removers are the best to get rid all and leaves ur skin glowy and hydrated. sometimes i even use olive oil and it works amazingly. i have yet to break out.

MemberMember
(@megmarsh)

Posted : 03/28/2017 9:38 am

I like to use an alcohol free mi cellar water on a cotton pad to get the worst of my foundation off, then I use jojoba oil and rinse with water. I have stopped using cleansers as they strip your skin of important oils and destroys the acid mantle of your skin, which causes dryness, irritation and the overproduction of sebum. My irritation has almost disappeared since I ditched cleansers, it's the best decision I have ever made ^^ ^_^

MemberMember
(@caelin)

Posted : 04/15/2017 2:47 pm

I have CRAZY delicate skin and for the longest time couldn't use most types of makeup wipes, including the one's that claimed they were for sensitive skin. I think some of my favorite products I used when my skin was at it's most sensitive was Vanicream's cleansing bar, Simple's micellar water, Cetaphil's cleansing cloths, and Fresh's soy face cleanser (this one is a little pricey compared to the others). All these brands are fantastic for sensitive skin! None of them ever caused my skin to sting or become irritated. Pure extra virgin coconut oil is also amazing for removing eye makeup (I really like SheaMoisture's coconut oil), but be careful to just use it around the eyes because it clogs pores!

The one thing about the Simple micellar water is that it won't remove lots of makeup very effectively. It's great for days when you're only wearing light makeup, tho!