Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo journey.

MemberMember
(@paigelevi)

Posted : 02/05/2017 2:16 pm

Hello, 

So i thought I'd share my Epiduo journey with anyone who's going through the same treatment or is thinking about giving it a try!

A little bit about my skin, it. Is. just. Terrible... since i turned 12! Im now 23. My skin type is combination so it's greasy on my cheeks, nose and chin! (Acne area) Blackheads and open pores... and it's dry on my forhead and sometimes get flakey... but a few flakes i can deal with... the huge cystic spots on my cheeks and however are the apsolought bane of my life! They get so big and sore, I hate how ugly and insecure it has made me feel! Even worse that I've always been the only one of my friends who has acne!!! That one spotty friend in the group having to slap on layers upon layers of make up! Hiding in dimly lit areas on nighs out!  Avoiding close ups with anyone! Comments people make... Oh god it's just wrecked havoc with my confidence! I trained as a beauty therapist but who wants someone with horrible skin telling you how to look after yours? It's so embarrassing, that it's stopped me doing what i wanted to do..! So who knows, hopefully this treatment will work and i will get my confidence back :)

So... I'm on my 7th day of Epiduo now.. it's been pretty bad my skin flared up, it's very red and sore! I literally looked sun burnt from the first use, (my skins highly sensitive also) it's so dry and is now flaking all over, all the spots under my skin came to the surface in lovely pustules and oh gosh is it itchy! It probably was at its most irritated on days 2,3,4 like i was waking up in the middle of the night scratching at my face, day one i obviously just slathered my face in this stuff! After a facial scrub...bad idea
.. however... my little routine i have going seems to be helping! on a morning i cleanse with cetaphill gentle facial cleanser and slather my face in Jojoba oil! (Pure, cold pressed) heaven on my super dry skin!!! And it's brilliant for healing acne scars too, around midday i then apply my Epiduo, it seems to be more comfortable on my skin this way, rather than putting it on a freshly washed face.. on a night i cleanse with garnier micellar water, i then just apply a little epiduo to my spots rather than my full face let that soak in a while and then just before i go to bed slather my face in calamine lotion! It's so soothing and cooling on my skin (First few days i applied this straight away! Because the itchyness was bad.. so bad!!! it really does help! but day 6 it's calming so fast! I can actually feel smooth skin!!! Ive never had a smooth chin!!! Its always lumpy from the spots under it! I'm so proud of my chin right now... i keep touching it (which is such a bad idea!!!don't do it! But omg it's smooth!!!) My skins started to flake off all the 'burnt' looking skin, the skin underneath is normal skin! Dry but not super sore and spotty like the rest of my face.. wow i really have rambled on.. anyways I'll attach pictures of my mug, it looks less red in the pictures, i don't know why also after i mess with my face like cleansing, moisturising ect it glows even brighter! I'll follow with updates! Fingers crossed this treatments for me i definitely see a improvement in just a week anyways.. 

1486321817681.jpg

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 02/05/2017 4:22 pm

That's a great improvement! Congratulations.

When I first used it it felt like my face was being burnt off, but now it's completely comfortable. Epiduo has proven to be the perfect thing for my skin, I can now even miss applying it for a day or two safe in the knowledge that it controls any spot formation so effectively for me. The one downside I thought I was going to get - major dryness of the skin - hasn't really happened. The only down sides I experience are still some redness on my cheeks, some eye irritation now and again, and the annoying discoloring of pillow cases and collars! Still, I'll happily take all of that any day over acne.

Paigelevi liked
MemberMember
(@paigelevi)

Posted : 02/05/2017 6:51 pm

Thank you so much! :)

Wow I'm hoping my skin will get used to the product soon too, my doctor says it can take a good while for the redness and itching to stop.. If it doesn't he will try something thing more gentle, How long did it take for your skin to stop being irritated? I've been thinking about skipping a day with the epiduo too, I've seen such a improvement in just a week, I'm so confident this is going to actually for me!  

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 02/06/2017 3:32 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about the itching! Sometimes it's unbearable! I haven't yet worked out the exact conditions for why it happens, because more often than not it's only very mid and not that consciously noticeable. But every now and again, particularly at night, my god.... scratching does absolutely nothing at all, so I just end up rubbing some moisturizer in, that combination usually burns a bit but it settles down almost immediately.

I think it's just a case of your particular skin getting used to it as to how long any redness or sensation will continue. I think I've been using it for just over 6 months and I barely get any sensation from it now. The redness is still there, but that can change depending on how much I put on. The redness is also difficult to gauge as my skin is redder after washing in the morning anyway, but it usually fades fairly well throughout the day.

I was using Differin prior to Epiduo, which is basically the same, but it doesn't include benzoyl peroxide. So that may be 'milder' if you need an alternative. Although personally it didn't work quite as well for me, it was still fairly effective. Weirdly, my skin was actually a bit drier using that even though there's no BP in it. Maybe because I couldn't miss a day using it, like I can with Epiduo, and therefore my usage of it was heavier. It's also more of a gel than Epiduo which means you tend to end up putting more of it on as well.

If it's working well - and it really looks like it is! - and you're happy, stick with it. :)

Paigelevi liked
MemberMember
(@paigelevi)

Posted : 02/06/2017 6:06 pm

Well i have used it tonight and no stinging or burning sensation!  and no itchyness. Everything seems to be going full speed with me, it's only been just over a week.. my what was once big under the skin cystic spots are holding on for dear life!  just die already! so impatient...

Also I love my make up so this flaking is going to have to go soon too! Not a chance i can wear it with this lizard skin! I'm dying to exfoliate to try get rid of it but I'm holding strong for now... traumatised my skin enough for now i think! It needs some tlc 

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 02/07/2017 3:07 pm

20 hours ago, Paigelevi said:

... traumatised my skin enough for now i think! It needs some tlc 

This is a good point actually, I only use my hands to wash my face as I found that my skin was easily damaged by even light rubbing with cloth. Using your hands also gives you a much better feeling as to how clean your skin is as well, you can really feel when you've rinsed everything off.

I used to get large, under the skin cysts as well, which took an age to disappear, but they will. Even now I very occasionally feel one maybe starting deep in my cheek, but they just never develop at all now.

Just be sure to not over-do the makeup and ruin your hard work, enjoy your natural skin now it's returning and try not to hide behind a mask.

MemberMember
(@paigelevi)

Posted : 02/08/2017 11:02 am

Man I've hid behind my foundation since i was 12! I feel so naked without it.. how amazing will it feel to be able to have to pile it on  I can't wait to show my skin off! Also yes i just use my hands too ;D

MemberMember
(@enemyofsickness)

Posted : 02/08/2017 11:19 am

I have been through hell and almost killed myself because my acne was so 1bad and everything only made it worse it seeemed. After years and years of research i finally found the cure and i think it works for 99% of everybody male or female. Ive cured 4 friends but no one believes i know the cure. Nobody deserves to feel like i did!

I am in the process of making a YouTube vide to explain the process and how to get rid of this bullshit. ACNE IS A CONSPIRACY!!!1

MemberMember
(@paigelevi)

Posted : 02/08/2017 11:28 am

Congratulations you have found something that works for you, that's amazing!  
 I'm so sorry you felt that way, no one understands how disgusting in ourselves it makes us feel :/ people who don't suffer from it way over look what it can do to your head... i hope you never feel like that again man, acne is not all who you are and you look great!!! I will definitely watch your YouTube vid 

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 02/08/2017 11:44 am

Should I try epiduo or keep going with the regimen the problem is im wayy to flaky but im pretty clear