Notifications
Clear all

Looking for advice on persistent acne nodule after cortisone shot

MemberMember
(@peregrina)

Posted : 02/05/2017 10:22 am

Hi guys, 
I'm hoping some of you might have advice on what I should do!
I've had cystic acne and rosacea for a number of years, but it's mostly around my mouth, so not that severe. Two+ months ago I got a huge, swollen lump between my mouth and jaw, which was so much worse than any spot I'd had before. I went to my dermatologist who said it was just acne, but that it was too hard to try to surgically drain. He gave me a cortisone injection (first time I've had one!) and it went down by at least 50%. Since then, I've just been waiting for it to magically disappear. 

Two weeks ago it got swollen again, and it looks terrible. It's about 3/4" in diameter and red. It's much softer and more painful this time, so maybe it could be cut out, but I'd prefer to try something less invasive first. Has anyone had a cortisone shot fail like that, or had to get a second one months later? I don't want to overdo it since they can cause craters.

Any suggestions on how to draw it up or get it to heal? I've been heat packing it, but nothing is really happening yet. I'm also taking zinc, fish oils, and using topical niacin. 

Many thanks!!

Here it is: *shudder*

IMG_3941.jpg

MemberMember
(@katherinelovelife)

Posted : 02/07/2017 12:52 am

What you have is a cyst not acne I recommend you use beauty adequate it is the best no side effect no pain I've used it on my face and on my body and it did the job with no scars. Go and see YouTube channel beauty adequate and you will know what I'm talking about.

MemberMember
(@peregrina)

Posted : 02/07/2017 4:11 pm

15 hours ago, Katherinelovelife said:

What you have is a cyst not acne I recommend you use beauty adequate it is the best no side effect no pain I've used it on my face and on my body and it did the job with no scars. Go and see YouTube channel beauty adequate and you will know what I'm talking about.

Thank you, I'll look that up. I appreciate the help!