Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mgk31

are these acne scars and dark spots?

I've been trying to get rid of these for a long time, and it seems like nothing has been working. It seems to me like they're acne scars but I can't really tell. They're not raised and if you feel my skin it feels smooth and like there's nothing here. I have mild but persistent acne and have been going to a dermatologist for a few years to try and clear it up. Right now I'm taking antibiotics and using aczone and retin A creams. The topicals dry out my skin so much and make this area even redder sometimes. I haven't had much bad acne recently but I'm just trying  clear this area up and I don't know what to do!!

IMG_8906.JPG

Could be PIE or PIH, the test is pushing on them and seeing if they go away, if so they are PIE. IF not they are pigmentation PIH. We made a faq to deal with this. For PIE many do aloe vera and honey or triple antibiotic cream.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/365640-qa-faq-post-inflammatory-erythema-pie-post-inflammatory-hyperpigmentation-pih- hypopigmentation-read-before-posting/