Notifications
Clear all

What scar lightening regimen will be suitable for me?

MemberMember
(@jyo)

Posted : 02/03/2017 11:56 am

I have been suffering from nodulo cystic acne from 4 years. I was on put on accutane for 6 months, and although my acne and blemishes have reduced considerably, my face has very ugly acne scarring. I've been off medication for 8 months now, and I think it's the right time to choose a scar lightening regimen. I have acne scarring on both cheeks which looks even more horrible in direct light. I would like suggestions, advice...Keeping in mind I am a student and can't afford very expensive treatments. I am keen on getting laser done, but am horribly uneducated about the pros and cons. Thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/03/2017 3:31 pm

Laser is very expensive and often hurts the fat of the face or has side effects, never start with this, doctors will push it. I would do something for the PIH or browns to even out the skintone. Many use skin bleach for this. I would also do microneedle and some acid peels like TCA alternating months after you heal. You may need subcision but a doctor would do this on the scars.

To checkout more about PIH goto my signature below, says faq, then the skin section, and PIH, you can also checkout subcision, micorneedle, and tca peels.

MemberMember
(@jyo)

Posted : 02/24/2017 6:40 am

On 2/4/2017 at 2:01 AM, beautifulambition said:

Laser is very expensive and often hurts the fat of the face or has side effects, never start with this, doctors will push it. I would do something for the PIH or browns to even out the skintone. Many use skin bleach for this. I would also do microneedle and some acid peels like TCA alternating months after you heal. You may need subcision but a doctor would do this on the scars.

To checkout more about PIH goto my signature below, says faq, then the skin section, and PIH, you can also checkout subcision, micorneedle, and tca peels.

thank you so so so very much!!! I got my derm to do a 15 percent TCA peel. And this is how my skin looks now (c pics) The holes are still there but there is some improvement in the overall tone as the PIH has lessened. I will definitely give microneedling a try for the scars. Thanks so much for the reply

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/24/2017 6:46 am

Keep doing a few TCA and microneedling, it takes time, some people take a year or two of treatments. Looks good!

Jyo liked