Notifications
Clear all

No side effects from IPL treatment?

MemberMember
(@jennphuong)

Posted : 02/02/2017 9:34 pm

Today, I went to a laser tech that was highly recommended by reviews and also by my sister in law! She usually does hair removal, but had realized that the tech had different treatments that would help skin texture and skin over all. I did my research before my consultation which was today and I wasn't planning to even do the treatment today, but heck... Why not. The treatment lasted about less than ten minutes, but ten minutes max as well, not horrible at all. I am a 19 year old asian little lady and my hyperpigmentation isn't crazy bad because vitamin C from Asia has helped a whole lot! The appointment was about 11 and I got out at 1130 with no side effects which I am not complaining about, but maybe it's not a good thing? It is about 7pm now and all that I feel is about a very minor sunburn feeling (she did mention that my face will eventually feel tight as time goes by for a bit) but I read a lot about different things like ichiness and redness, or even spots being more visible etc, but I'm nervous that maybe IPL didn't work? Even though is only been a few hours...... The first picture is about a week ago and the second set is about 2 hrs after the appointment. Please let me know if maybe give it time to show up or what I should do

Sorry about the flash with the first set of pictures and no flash in the second, although the second set had bigger lighting 

IMG_8138.JPGIMG_8139.JPG

2:

IMG_8131.JPGIMG_8132.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/03/2017 11:33 am

IF you push on the red areas and they go away, IPL will do nothing. You need vbeam vascular laser for this, as it gets rid of the melanin red blood pigment / veins.

Secondly weather IPL or Vbeam you need multiple treatments, with IPL sometimes needing 6 or more treatments. She might have a machine which is not powerful, or did not go strong the first time to see how your skin reacts. You can try another and see how you do or go someplace else. IPL can take days to show the effect. With vbeam you look like you have a bruise or are more red if they use enough power. Nothing is instant.

MemberMember
(@jennphuong)

Posted : 02/05/2017 3:45 am

This was today... do you think it's any different? Whether it's darker, more red etc IMG_8169.JPGIMG_8170.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/06/2017 4:03 am

I see some lightening. It will take 6-10 treatments for IPL. Also you can use skin bleach cream to help with this.