30yrs old and still...

Notifications
Clear all

30yrs old and still have it

MemberMember
(@nwx86)

Posted : 02/02/2017 4:32 pm

hey guys, i'm a 30 year old, I considered myself to be healthy and still have been battling acne since as long as I can remember,

I get it mostly on my face and upper neck. sometimes i'll get it on my upper back.

the type that I have is cystic and I've tried all sorts of stuff. right now my current regimen is pretty vanilla. I shower a least once a day, sometimes twice, and I used axe shower gel, then I do a facial wash with PanOxyl 10% BP, then I will wash my entire body with axe body wash. after getting out of the shower I will usually put on some Rx Differin or nothing.

i've ALWAYS had high sebum production as long as I can remember, I remember when I was younger I had really bad cystic acne and I was put on Accutane.

i've been reading for about an hour on here and some other places and read about Calendula and also that I think axe is possibly not antibacterial which may help if I were to get a body wash that is.

anyway, what is a good quick regimen that I should try? if possible could you name a product?

much appreciated.

MemberMember
(@mrfringe)

Posted : 02/03/2017 6:37 am

Aside from your routine, what are you eating? A lot of acne issues can be related to the type of food you're ingesting.

Do you have a sensible healthy diet with limited alcohol and do you drink plenty of water etc.?

From my own experience I would say less is more when it comes to cleaning and washing your skin.

MemberMember
(@o-wow)

Posted : 02/05/2017 8:25 pm

On 2/2/2017 at 4:32 PM, NWx86 said:

hey guys, i'm a 30 year old, I considered myself to be healthy and still have been battling acne since as long as I can remember,

I get it mostly on my face and upper neck. sometimes i'll get it on my upper back.

the type that I have is cystic and I've tried all sorts of stuff. right now my current regimen is pretty vanilla. I shower a least once a day, sometimes twice, and I used axe shower gel, then I do a facial wash with PanOxyl 10% BP, then I will wash my entire body with axe body wash. after getting out of the shower I will usually put on some Rx Differin or nothing.

i've ALWAYS had high sebum production as long as I can remember, I remember when I was younger I had really bad cystic acne and I was put on Accutane.

i've been reading for about an hour on here and some other places and read about Calendula and also that I think axe is possibly not antibacterial which may help if I were to get a body wash that is.

anyway, what is a good quick regimen that I should try? if possible could you name a product?

much appreciated.

I would replace the Axe wash with Dr. Bronners liquid soap. I use the Tea Tree Oil or Almond scented ones.

MemberMember
(@nwx86)

Posted : 02/06/2017 9:34 am

On 2/3/2017 at 6:37 AM, mrfringe said:

Aside from your routine, what are you eating? A lot of acne issues can be related to the type of food you're ingesting.

Do you have a sensible healthy diet with limited alcohol and do you drink plenty of water etc.?

From my own experience I would say less is more when it comes to cleaning and washing your skin.

my daily routine is generally as follows as far as diet:

breakfast: glass of OJ and a bowl of cheerios
lunch: either a whole grain wheat bread sandwich with turkey, cheese, etc. no condiments, and just pickle\lettuce\tomato
or mixed veg (steam fresh bag) with salmon
dinner: usually just another sandwich or something

I drink water all of the time, even when I go out. I have a YETI tumbler that I bring pretty much everywhere with ice water in it (work, school, all around the house)

occasionally on weekends and stuff i'll go out to dinner and\or bar with friends, so I do have the occasional weekend with beer\liquor, but it's generally just every 2 weeks at most.

13 hours ago, O Wow said:
I would replace the Axe wash with Dr. Bronners liquid soap. I use the Tea Tree Oil or Almond scented ones.

what's the significance of this soap? also, why do you suggest getting rid of Axe? I'm just curious.
I was thinking of maybe getting the Dial antibacterial, so i'm not fixated on using Axe, I just liked its smell lol

MemberMember
(@mrfringe)

Posted : 02/13/2017 6:36 am

Just remember sugar can be a contributing factor to acne. OJ and cheerios would be quite high in sugar individually, let alone together, so could give you a sugar spike? Gluten in bread affects some people too. As does dairy (milk, cheese).

Perhaps try exchanging cheerios for porridge (gluten free oats) with non-dairy milk - soya, almond, hemp?
Instead of orange juice you could try a darker berry juice, or swap it out for a herbal tea.
Try gluten free bread?

Those are just some things you could try (I wouldn't do them all at the same time) to see if they help?

MemberMember
(@mr-brownstone)

Posted : 02/14/2017 9:19 am

have you ever tried cutting out the wheat, gluten, sugar and dairy?

you seem to have quite a bit of it in your diet.

I'm of a similar age and used a cleansing routine much like yours for nye on 10 years, but it wasn't until recently when I cut out gluten wheat and dairy did I start to have very noticeable improvements. Give it a go.

elaybee liked