Notifications
Clear all

Hypertrophic Scarring Dwalth's Success

MemberMember
(@dwalth)

Posted : 02/02/2017 4:28 pm

I have had moderate acne all my life. Did one extended course of accutane when I was 15. (Which I highly do not recommend) Been on antibiotics most of my life. 
Then when I turned 19, I was attacked by severe inflammatory acne. It was so bad I began to have arthritis pains. I was later hospitalized and diagnosed with Acne Fulminans along with Septic Arthritis. 
I have recently been on a treatment with a course of 60mg Prednisone and 100mg Dapsone. 
I am an extremely healthy young fit human being. I have followed a healthy diet with exercise and good hydration for years. I have eliminated sugar, packaged food, alcohol, dairy and other unnatural foods. 
I have tried EVERYTHING, you name it, and ive probably ingested it or put it on my skin. 
That's just a summary. The physical pain and emotional trauma i have experienced is immense.
Now if this ever recedes I'll be extremely happy. Unfortunately I am left with an uncountable number of scars. 
What do I do with these scars?Screenshot_20170202-152042.png

MemberMember
(@dwalth)

Posted : 02/05/2017 10:36 am

On 2/3/2017 at 8:46 AM, beautifulambition said:

Yes, I am not happy about the 60mg of prednisone, it's caused numerous side affects, as well as I am terrified to stop taking it and see if the acne stays receded. (Hopefully the dapsone will kick in).
I cannot thank you enough for the reply. Their are not a lot of places to look for advice on this kind of topic, and everyone has different skin. I really appreciate you informing me of the many different laser treatments. I have a lot more to ask my dermatologist and investigate.
I do have a cryotherapy clinic close by. A session last about 2min of shoulders down submersion at about -180. Would this be worth considering trying for a couple weeks?
I have a fear of laser treatment. I worry it will damage or weaken my skin more, and possibly my acne may return after the procedure.
I believe in everything natural. I have recently been putting on coconut oil, hemp seed oil, almond oil, vitamin e, shea butter, honey, aloe vera, and taking salt baths over the last two months. As well as my diet is amazing with lots of hydration and many supplement. I exercise everyday and try to get 5min of sun. (With the possibility of sun making scars worse if exposed too long.)
I would guess 90% of the scars are done by picking. Which is slowly but strongly being resolved by meditation.
If anything personally I have found that helps with acne, and through years of research and consistently trying everything. ( yes I have had clear skin off and on)
I recommend bpa and chemical free water, extremely healthy natural (Ital) diet, exercise, stretching, meditation or self love. Not showering or washing skin all the time (the body has natural oils you are stripping away!)
Drinking lots of tea as well as looking towards lots of herbs and botanicals for potential aid. Medicinal mushrooms, turmeric, and rhodiola standing out the most.
And sex. My acne (Fulminans) is hormonal or an over abundance of testosterone disrupting the endocrine system, most likely true for many guys with acne. Or stress related. But I strongly belive sex can regulate hormones and heal the body.
I will be updating this post with pictures for myself and whoever may view on the procedures I take.

MemberMember
(@albaneso)

Posted : 04/24/2017 3:26 pm

I have these scars in my shoulders from acne I understand your dilemma is very stressful I dont go in beach or pool from 17 age now im 21 and is very hard to treat these scars only method is to flatten them and make to cover with tattoo.

sorry for my eng man :)

MemberMember
(@brawn)

Posted : 04/25/2017 8:07 am

hello dwalth

perhaps talk to your dermatologist about getting blood tests done to check your DHT and testosterone levels.
they contribute to acne
there is treatment for hormonal acne

i also notice that you mention that you use supplements
steroids cause acne (raises testosterone), and some supplements may exacerbate acne

i am not entirely certain, but i believe the bodybuilding supplements, creatine and glutamine, may exacerbate acne.  do not quote me on this, check google :)

Dwalth liked
MemberMember
(@albaneso)

Posted : 04/25/2017 3:30 pm

7 hours ago, Brawn said:

hello dwalth

perhaps talk to your dermatologist about getting blood tests done to check your DHT and testosterone levels.
they contribute to acne
there is treatment for hormonal acne

i also notice that you mention that you use supplements
steroids cause acne (raises testosterone), and some supplements may exacerbate acne

i am not entirely certain, but i believe the bodybuilding supplements, creatine and glutamine, may exacerbate acne.  do not quote me on this, check google :)

I had these acne in my teen without used anything steroids or other thing.

MemberMember
(@dwalth)

Posted : 05/01/2017 3:30 pm

Since the last post i have made. I have switched off the dapsone and started a low dose of accutane, 10mg every other day for a month. Then 20mg every other day. While remaining on 40mg of prednisone.
My diet is extremely healthy with 60+liters of water daily. I do not drink soda, or eat anything out of a package. I believe strongly in avoiding BPA, gluten, fluoride, high fructose corn syrup, refined sugar, sodium, and many other deadly chemicals.

This is the third time i have done accutane in my life. By the 5th week my skin was drastically even worse. I am now broken out on my arms and lower back. Towards my buttox.

I now feel like a science expirement.
I have seen 4 dermatologists, 2 rheumatologist, a GI doctor, and changed my primary care doctor 3 times. As well as i have been hospitalized for a week when i first diagnosed with septic arthritis because of mt acne. The amount of testing that has been done on me is outrageous. Numerous MRIs, countless blood tests for everything that exists orcan be found in blood in 2016-2017, and a gamma ray white blood celltest.

After my derm realized the accutane was making my inflammation worse. We both concluded and agreed this is what most likely caused my "acne fulminans." Noting that the only body building supplement I have ever taken is protein. The rest are to help inflammation. Nor have i ever done anabolic steriods.
My derm put me on the biological called Humira, 2 injections the first day. And one injection every 2 weeks. And was told to finallytaper of prednisone.

By the end of 4th week. I was put in the ER for a fever of 102 while on humira. I was about to be admitted to the hospital but the ER talked to my rheum and derm and agreed to let me go home with a low dose of prednisone and clindamycin (antibiotic). The fever was caused by "acne fulminans" and not by an infection. But i am taking the antibiotics because my white blood cell count is 19,000. And it prevents infection considering humira depresses my immune system.

On april 27th I visited my derm and wasput on 1 humira injection every week. Which im now doing. Also in my very in depth research (name something Ihavent tried the last 4 years of my life) I
discovered an enzyme under the name of "Serrapeptase," which im going to be trying for scars and dead skin.

Not seeing much improvement. As well as a lot of my joint pain has returned.

Full of fear.

Stay healthy

Albaneso liked
MemberMember
(@albaneso)

Posted : 05/03/2017 2:35 pm

On 5/1/2017 at 10:30 PM, Dwalth said:

Since the last post i have made. I have switched off the dapsone and started a low dose of accutane, 10mg every other day for a month. Then 20mg every other day. While remaining on 40mg of prednisone.
My diet is extremely healthy with 60+liters of water daily. I do not drink soda, or eat anything out of a package. I believe strongly in avoiding BPA, gluten, fluoride, high fructose corn syrup, refined sugar, sodium, and many other deadly chemicals.

This is the third time i have done accutane in my life. By the 5th week my skin was drastically even worse. I am now broken out on my arms and lower back. Towards my buttox.

I now feel like a science expirement.
I have seen 4 dermatologists, 2 rheumatologist, a GI doctor, and changed my primary care doctor 3 times. As well as i have been hospitalized for a week when i first diagnosed with septic arthritis because of mt acne. The amount of testing that has been done on me is outrageous. Numerous MRIs, countless blood tests for everything that exists orcan be found in blood in 2016-2017, and a gamma ray white blood celltest.

After my derm realized the accutane was making my inflammation worse. We both concluded and agreed this is what most likely caused my "acne fulminans." Noting that the only body building supplement I have ever taken is protein. The rest are to help inflammation. Nor have i ever done anabolic steriods.
My derm put me on the biological called Humira, 2 injections the first day. And one injection every 2 weeks. And was told to finallytaper of prednisone.

By the end of 4th week. I was put in the ER for a fever of 102 while on humira. I was about to be admitted to the hospital but the ER talked to my rheum and derm and agreed to let me go home with a low dose of prednisone and clindamycin (antibiotic). The fever was caused by "acne fulminans" and not by an infection. But i am taking the antibiotics because my white blood cell count is 19,000. And it prevents infection considering humira depresses my immune system.

On april 27th I visited my derm and wasput on 1 humira injection every week. Which im now doing. Also in my very in depth research (name something Ihavent tried the last 4 years of my life) I
discovered an enzyme under the name of "Serrapeptase," which im going to be trying for scars and dead skin.

Not seeing much improvement. As well as a lot of my joint pain has returned.

Full of fear.

Stay healthy, and any child even healthier.

I m like you man with each problem but I take accutane and accutane clear all my shoulders and face now I not have acne but I have scars on shoulder. Im in a health diet without sugar without fast food, no dairy products,without oily food. I eat more vegetable and drink water and I want say you to stop dairy products because are cause of acne.

and tell me for every treatment from your doctor

sorry for my eng.

Dwalth liked
MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 05/14/2017 9:22 pm

Bro for the acne itself I would try this for like a month. Take like 1000MG of Vitamin C Daily/ bi daily. Take an epsom salt bath like 2-3 times per week. That shit shit should clear up majority of your acne. I was in a similar situation from playing sports daily for like 20 years. I think the back acne itself has a lot to do with hormones. You can also try taking Lysine but that can make you feel sort of weird/shitty. I think if you give it a whirl you will be pleasantly surprised at the results.

Dwalth and Albaneso liked
MemberMember
(@albaneso)

Posted : 05/15/2017 9:22 am

11 hours ago, thepwhisp said:

Bro for the acne itself I would try this for like a month. Take like 1000MG of Vitamin C Daily/ bi daily. Take an epsom salt bath like 2-3 times per week. That shit shit should clear up majority of your acne. I was in a similar situation from playing sports daily for like 20 years. I think the back acne itself has a lot to do with hormones. You can also try taking Lysine but that can make you feel sort of weird/shitty. I think if you give it a whirl you will be pleasantly surprised at the results.

what is lysine?

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 05/15/2017 2:59 pm

its all from inside
you need to heal your gut
drink buttermilk or kefir one cup a day at evening(it will not cause inflammation)
drink flaxseed oil one or two tablespoon a day with apple cider vinegar to taste with water

in a blender mix white onion and apple cider vinegar together and apple all over like mask for 15-3o min.(you can strain and apply so its going to be easier) its the best scar remover
to remove onion smell mix soda and lemon and apple for 10 min and rinse
then finish with vitamin E oil
tell me how it work on you
Blessings!:)))

Dwalth liked
MemberMember
(@dwalth)

Posted : 05/16/2017 6:04 pm

Visited my derm again yesterday. The reason being i had a bad rash come up all over my thighs, back of arms, and collar bone/neck area. Little tiny patches of hard bumps.
My derm diagnosed me with "Keratosis Pilaris" or "Chicken Skin."
My derm stated that this is caused by the Humira. I was prescribed "Triamcinolone Lotion" for my body. And a "Clindamycin Lotion" for my crouch/thigh area.
I also purchased a juicer today, so im going to be juicing lots of fresh greens and vegetables or roots for another way to heal within.
Status: I would say 75% of cystic acne on back as reduced. My neck is around half reduced considering its on a hairline. My face and most other acne is surface level. I have an uncountable number of scars and black heads. Will post another picture soon.
Next appointment with derm is May 30th.

Eat Healty and drink healthy!

On 5/14/2017 at 9:22 PM, thepwhisp said:

Ive tried tons of different vit. C supplements from many different companies. I eat oranges and tangerines instead now. I know that C helps collagen repair and is suppose to heal scars as well. Its a little hormones but mainly my immune system is trying to eat itself.
I am interested in trying "lysine" since it regulates protein synthesis. And all ther "Keratin" or blackheadsin my skin are an abundance or too much protein. So i could see how "lysine" could have potential to regulate my bodies keratin production. I also am a fan of enzymes. Thanks for the reply.

On 5/15/2017 at 2:59 PM, AhaGuru said:

its all from inside
drink buttermilk or kefir one cup a day at evening(it will not cause inflammation)
drink flaxseed oil one or two tablespoon a day with apple cider vinegar to taste with water

in a blender mix white onion and apple cider vinegar together and apple all over like mask for 15-3o min.(you can strain and apply so its going to be easier) its the best scar remover

Ahh yes i do believe my gut is destroyed. I have been on antibiotics all my life and just finished a course of a month long "clindamycin."
I do regularly eat yogurt and raw honey for my gut, as well as small amounts of "kombucha" (this chronic disease put my down a serious health freak path) so i do understand what your saying. I have never tried butter milk. But i have drank a gallon of ACV in my lifetime. As well as tons of hemp oil. I took flax seed oil in a gel supplement before. Never heard of onion for a scar removal so ill try this.
thanks for the reply!

On 5/15/2017 at 9:22 AM, Albaneso said:
On 5/14/2017 at 9:22 PM, thepwhisp said:

what is lysine?

i also forgot to mention i buy huge bags of epsom salt, dead sea salt, and Himalayan salt off of amazon. I mix them all and bath and soak for 30min. Helps itching and smooths the skin and knocks a lot of debris off.
But i favor oatmeal baths now.

Albaneso liked
MemberMember
(@albaneso)

Posted : 05/18/2017 7:43 am

What can cause your acne do you used anabolic steroid??

MemberMember
(@dwalth)

Posted : 05/19/2017 11:28 am

Nah, as i said in a post before i have never used "anabolic steroids." I have lifted weights all my life and the only workout supplent i used was a lot of protein.
I do not just have acne. I have an Autoimmune Disease that causes my bodies immune system to attack itself, causing horrible joint pain and severe acne. My doctors belive i have PAPA syndrome which caused Aseptic Arthritis.
For a while, the acne was least of problems. I was in so much inflamed pain i couldn't even walk.
To answer your question though i got my disease and acne from "Genetic Predisposition."
In my opinion its all just human evolution. We evolve and mix genes, and we find problems in those new genes. The cancerous food and drink we consume do not help either.
Genetic mutation through what we consume is reality. Look into it

MemberMember
(@albaneso)

Posted : 05/19/2017 3:08 pm

3 hours ago, Dwalth said:

Nah, as i said in a post before i have never used "anabolic steroids." I have lifted weights all my life and the only workout supplent i used was a lot of protein.
I do not just have acne. I have an Autoimmune Disease that causes my bodies immune system to attack itself, causing horrible joint pain and severe acne. My doctors belive i have PAPA syndrome which caused Aseptic Arthritis.
For a while, the acne was least of problems. I was in so much inflamed pain i couldn't even walk.
To answer your question though i got my disease and acne from "Genetic Predisposition."
In my opinion its all just human evolution. We evolve and mix genes, and we find problems in those new genes. The cancerous food and drink we consume do not help either.
Genetic mutation through what we consume is reality. Look into it

I had severe acne in back and not from autoimmune problem or anything else is only genetic for me.

sorry for my eng

MemberMember
(@dwalth)

Posted : 11/01/2017 4:46 pm

It has been quite some time since i last made a post.
My skin is doing very well on humira. Everything is now just a scar and no new breakouts are occuring.
I did humira once a week for 3 months then every other week for 3 more months.
As of last week i now only do one humira injection a month.
Still been drinking lots water and eating healthy with some exercise.
will post some pics soon

MemberMember
(@dwalth)

Posted : 12/15/2017 1:44 pm

Humira has defeintely worked. The side effects i have noticed are coordination loss, depth percepetion is different, balance is off, and i have diziness/fatigue with some rare tingling in my feet and arms.
Humira remains to be the only drug i am using to combat this.

The last year of my life has really put me through a lot. This is a picture of what everything looks like as of now. 
I AM HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS
STAY HEALTHY

20171215_123709.jpg

MemberMember
(@somerando)

Posted : 06/30/2018 6:57 pm

Hey Dwalth
i realise this is an old thread but couldn't help wanting to let you know of some things to maybe look into if you're still struggling with any of these issues.
i also have arthritis and stumbled across 'the paddison program' recently. It's a natural approach to healing arthritis through diet and exercise. The basis of it is that a unhealthy gut/unbalanced microbiome among others is one cause of arthritis (this seems to line up almost perfectly with your heavy use of antibiotics and prednisone which can damage the gut). Many success stories online, I thought you might want to check it out.
for the scarring, maybe also look at dermarolling for you haven't already heard of it, have read it can be effective for scarring. Also, check out the link between using the anti dandruff/antifungal shampoo nizoral (ketoconazole) as body wash and acne fulminans. I have read that it works against DHT. Each of these have better info if you research into them individually via google, just pointing u in the direction of these possible treatment options if you haven't heard of them before. Have you got an update about how you're doing?

Dwalth liked
MemberMember
(@dwalth)

Posted : 03/08/2019 12:57 pm

Been a long time since i have posted. After a very long and extensive process of trying numerous options to help my situation i can say i have improved tremendously. I would say HUMIRA is the science that helped more than half of my improvement. But the side affects are noticable and if insurance didnt cover it, i would not have been able to pay out of pocket. I have slowly been stopping the Humira injections with little inflammation in my body which is the best part. I still try to remain extremely healthy with diet, exercise, hydration, supplements, and other homeopathic options. Overall my skin is just left over scars and seems to be more sensitive. The scars dont bother me too much but they are not pleasant. If i can list a few things that really helped me for scars and inflammation period, they would be salt baths,( all different kinds of salts, dead sea, Himalayan, sea salt) lots of oils/lotions, (coconut oil, tea tree oil, witch hazel, aloe vera plant, oil mixtures, and natural lotions) shower/water filter, (water head filter in shower to filter out hard metals and chemicals) probiotics,( i saw a couple replies about the gut biome and keeping good bacteria intact and i believe strongly in this and how its linked to inflammation so eat yogurt!) hit the gym/intense stretching( exercise and blood flow is EXTREMELY important for this situation for regulating homeostasis and hormones) post exercise, (eat the healthiest foods you can possibly eat after you have just used all your bodies nutrients in a tough workout and replace all your growing/repairing cells with pristine healthy ones, helping scarring) supplements,( these are a controversial subject but they work if your body is absorbing them right) and lastly get plenty of good deep sleep full of H20 and healthy nutrients this is when the body does hyperdrive like repairing that a lot of scientist still do not understand so make sure your body has the supplies needed to repair in hypderdrive. 

Just a reminder that i am also a very spiritual person that practices a good amount of meditation and can say that it has really helped to be mindful and be aware of your body. So get in tune with yourself because everyone is different.

Currently trying cbd oil for inflammation

Stay healthy! 

20190308_111400.jpg

MemberMember
(@chesticlegainz)

Posted : 04/18/2019 1:17 am

Hey bro! I dont know if youll read this, since your post is old but I want to tell you that youre an inspiration. I know exactly what youre going through! Hope youre doing good now and your results after Humira were fantastic!

Dwalth liked
MemberMember
(@dwalth)

Posted : 06/10/2019 6:56 pm

On 5/15/2017 at 2:59 PM, AhaGuru said:

its all from inside

The gut is by far one of the most important things to consider during this process. It very hard to fully wrap someone's mind around the fact that your gut can determine the health of your skin and MANY others things. Thank you for taking the time to reply in here!

Doing a small follow up. From the first day i posted until right now, i can confidently say that STRESS is what caused a lot of my inflammatory problems. Learning how to stay calm is detrimental to health overall. Just a reminder that acne was not my only inflammatory issues. I had bad joint pain and also had inflamed iris(eyes) which caused me to lose some vision in my right eye permanently. Everything i have mentioned for the acne can help this problems also.

Meditate, stay active, drink lots of water, eat foods that were alive or from the earth (not packaged or processed) and most importantly dont let your anxiety/stress get away from you. You are what you think, and my mindset was not great for a long time.

MemberMember
(@dwalth)

Posted : 08/04/2019 10:55 am

So here is a follow up this morning. It is actually wild to compare this picture to the very first one i posted. My scars are not completely gone but they are all very faded. Ice pick scars resign on my face also. 

Currently taking real live collagen after using a loofah to gently rub my scars. 

Stay Healthy!

20190804_104729.jpg

MemberMember
(@dwalth)

Posted : 08/10/2019 7:23 pm

Recently my face has beenbreaking out a little bit. Exfoliating with salt water/scrubs and loofahs, plus getting a good amount of sunis what i find to be the best skincare routine for me so far. All different types of salts have recently became my best thing to use for all skin ailments. I wish i lived near the ocean for the water and sun.

MemberMember
(@madreat)

Posted : 12/30/2019 2:43 am

oh dude, you look an amazing improving, congratulations!!!

Dwalth liked
MemberMember
(@dwalth)

Posted : 03/02/2020 3:42 pm

On 12/30/2019 at 1:43 AM, MADREAT said:

oh dude, you look an amazing improving, congratulations!!!

Thank you! Its been a lot of work

My 2020 post. Ive done a lot for the scars and preexisting breakouts since ive had inflammation retuning in my body. I have not done any humira in about 4 months and my body isnt doing the best but its better than before without it. Ive been going the the gym everyday and still staying extremely healthy. 

20200302_143558.jpg

MADREAT liked
MemberMember
(@bryan-trejos)

Posted : 04/09/2020 8:01 pm

Enhorabuena caballero, me pone muy feliz que en gran medida haya mejorado :)