Notifications
Clear all

Bringing Differin across the border.

MemberMember
(@lordschweitzer)

Posted : 02/02/2017 4:25 pm

Hello all.  From my understanding (and please do tell me if I'm wrong) Differin can be purchased in the US over-the-counter.  I'm coming to the States from Canada in a few weeks, and I was wondering if I would be able to purchase it there and bring it across the border with me.  (Google has been no help.)  To get adapalene in the Great White North, you need a prescription, and it is VERY costly, so this would save me a lot of money.  So yes, the question: can I bring it across the border? Or is that a big no-no? I do not want to be detained at the border crossing, that would just be awkward and terrible.  But please sir, let me take this, I need it for my spots! I don't imagine that going over well  >_<

MemberMember
(@vadaxin)

Posted : 02/03/2017 12:31 am

I get my differin by prescription only. I have never seen this product over the counter and don't think it's is. :)

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 02/03/2017 12:44 am

Differin is now over the counter in the U.S. since January of this year, so yes you can purchase it in the U.S. Now as for taking it across the border, that is something I cannot answer as I am not a lawyer, but I highly doubt they will look at your cream/gel and question you about it when you cross the border. I take retin-a with me when I travel and I have never been questioned about it.

MemberMember
(@vadaxin)

Posted : 02/03/2017 1:16 am

31 minutes ago, asburypark101 said:

Differin is now over the counter in the U.S. since January of this year, so yes you can purchase it in the U.S. Now as for taking it across the border, that is something I cannot answer as I am not a lawyer, but I highly doubt they will look at your cream/gel and question you about it when you cross the border. I take retin-a with me when I travel and I have never been questioned about it.

Wow really ?? Great to know know !!

MemberMember
(@lordschweitzer)

Posted : 02/03/2017 10:09 am

Thanks! If I manage to find it down there, I think I'll risk taking it. I'm assuming the worst that could happen is that they take it away and I go hope empty-handed.