Notifications
Clear all

Gluten free breakfast cereal

MemberMember
(@mr-brownstone)

Posted : 02/02/2017 6:10 am

I've suffered with acne for around 18 years. I've only ever looked at topical meds in the past but a sudden and prolonged bout of large painful spots over Christmas (plus some stomach pain) has lead me to believe my diet is the issue.

For 15 years I've probably consumed 4 prices of seeded white bread a day, add onto that potatoes, fries, pizza, pasta, rice, cakes, biscuits and tons of other sugary stuff. I would rarely eat vegetables too.

Since Dec 26th, I've tried to limit the wheat and gluten and have really cut down on the sugar. Eating more fresh fruit (banana, tangerines, grapes and blueberries) and veg (broccoli, carrots, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes (fresh and canned) and sweet potato) I've also started to drink more water and green Tea (along with green tea supplements) and almonds.

I've noticed some good change in my skin, but I'm still getting a few large spots here and there.

I've decided now to cut out all gluten but am scratching my head when it comes to breakfast.

I was thinking of something like this

Natures Path [Link removed]

Would cornmeal, corn flour and buck wheat likely add to my issues?

Full ingredients :

Corn meal*, corn flour*, raw cane sugar*, flaxseed* (5%), buckwheat flour*, quinoa* (4%), amaranth* (2%), sea salt, antioxidant: tocopherol-rich extract. *Organic. May contain traces of peanuts, tree nuts and soy.

Sorry for the long post. I've spent much of the last 4 weeks reading this site (despite registering many years ago) and an greatful for your contribution and knowledge. It's honestly been like a comfort blanket to me.

MemberMember
(@o-wow)

Posted : 02/05/2017 10:35 am

One Degree Organic Foods Sprouted Brown Rice Crisps Cerealis what i eat if you are looking for a breakfast cereal. I usually add in raisins.

MemberMember
(@mr-brownstone)

Posted : 02/07/2017 4:38 am

I'm in the UK. so I don't know if that stuff is available here.

for someone who is trying to cut out wheat and gluten, do you think the above would be ok? I plan to eat it with Almond Milk.

MemberMember
(@o-wow)

Posted : 02/07/2017 11:06 am

I would try to find something else without corn or sugar. Corn is majorly GMO

JakeH liked
MemberMember
(@mr-brownstone)

Posted : 02/08/2017 4:36 am

OK thanks