Notifications
Clear all

Should i use a DermaPen/or what treatment is best for me ?

MemberMember
(@hurricane_mike)

Posted : 02/01/2017 5:11 pm

Hello I Am male 18 years of age skin color: white and have struggled with acne and acne scarring sense I was 13 (5 years) I've used accurate antibiotics peels and lasers (not ablative) and haven't seen the desired results I wanted to know if I should try the Dermapen or another treatment. I'll post pics of my skin so please help me!!

IMG_4332.JPG

IMG_4333.JPG

IMG_4334.JPG

MemberMember
(@user575527)

Posted : 02/01/2017 6:50 pm

You should first treat your active acne. There are many ways that you can do this, and this site has great information on lots of different treatments.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/01/2017 10:20 pm

None of the treatments you mentioned will work if you have active acne, it only makes it worse and spreads bacteria. Do accutane or alternative PDT with luvelan (leds and cream are used to get rid of acne). As the poster above said you need to worry about this, because it is the cause of scarring. Secondly I do not nee scars, I see lots of red, you have hyperpigmentation. Please checkout that sub on the acne forum. Use Honey and aloe vera on your red spots, or triple antibiotic, some use vaseline.

MemberMember
(@hurricane_mike)

Posted : 09/28/2017 6:59 pm

What do you out mean

On 2/1/2017 at 10:20 PM, beautifulambition said:

None of the treatments you mentioned will work if you have active acne, it only makes it worse and spreads bacteria. Do accutane or alternative PDT with luvelan (leds and cream are used to get rid of acne). As the poster above said you need to worry about this, because it is the cause of scarring. Secondly I do not nee scars, I see lots of red, you have hyperpigmentation. Please checkout that sub on the acne forum. Use Honey and aloe vera on your red spots, or triple antibiotic, some use vaseline.

what do you mean PDT in scared now go back on accutane because it's side effects and emotionally can't handle another purge breakout what else can i do to stop the acne also would retina a and hydroquano be a good alternative and treatment to use for both the acne and hyperpigmentation.? please help me im going crazy !!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/29/2017 10:35 am

PDT is a accutane alternative called photo dynamic therapy, it uses light and or led plus a cream to shrink the pores and kill the bacteria. Also in cases like yours Ematrix of sublative rf treatments can help get rid of acne / young scarring, if they do not have this 1064nm laser has been found effective as well.

Those creams are good, but not if you have acitve acne like this. Get that under control first.

MemberMember
(@hurricane_mike)

Posted : 09/29/2017 1:05 pm

2 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

PDT is a accutane alternative called photo dynamic therapy, it uses light and or led plus a cream to shrink the pores and kill the bacteria. Also in cases like yours Ematrix of sublative rf treatments can help get rid of acne / young scarring, if they do not have this 1064nm laser has been found effective as well.

Those creams are good, but not if you have acitve acne like this. Get that under control first.

Thanks for the replies means a lot. i did some research on PDT and it seems promising, But there are many variables involved and each one has its own type of side effects ranging from short to long term What exact approach would you recommend. Red/Blue/Green light or intense pulsed light/laser. Also what type of cream aka(photosentizing cream) and can i buy my own light system and perform at home or only do while in office? Thanks again so much.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/30/2017 8:30 am

I was giving you 3 treatments to try above ^ which would kill the bacteria. Goto the faq, first post of the acne scar sub, scroll down to the skin section and find the video on reds, this talks about bacteria. You must find a aesthetic doctor, as most doctors will just give you accutane.

Everything has side effects even water. All of these things cost. Otherwise your looking for general acne advice which is a different sub and they will say use sulfur soap and creams, clean up your diet, and do antibacterial washes Salicylic Acid / Peels.

No you cannot do these at home as they use pharmaceutical chemicals, ... leds do little without the activator.
PDT or Photofacials, 1064nm, IPL, V-beam, or Ematrix aka sublative work on acne.