Changing the way I ...

Notifications
Clear all

Changing the way I shave?

MemberMember
(@user575527)

Posted : 02/01/2017 4:18 pm

Hi!

Currently I use a Gillette razor and I use a fragrance-free shaving foam. I noticed recently that I have had a little white bump under my chin which has been there a little while ( I am guessing a month ). I am thinking that it could be a few things. I always wet my face, and gently massage in the shaving foam, I then shave gently and then wash my face with water and a fragrance-free bar of soap ( that only I use, and I only use it on my face ). I then gently dab down my face and moisturise with a Cetaphil fragrance-free moisturiser. I do not think I change my razor head as often as I should, I will try to do that more frequently. But should I be washing my face with soap first, to make it warm and soft, and then applying the foam and shaving, followed by moisturising?

I have also considered switching to an electric razor, but I have heard that it can irritate your skin because of the heat, and also that it takes a little while for you skin to get used to the razor.

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 02/21/2017 8:40 pm

foil electric razors are pretty good. as long as your not to rough with it, your skin will respond much better than a razor.

+ there is no need for creams or shaving foam with a electric foil razor.. so that would cut down on redness/break outs.