AHA and Benzoyl Per...

Notifications
Clear all

AHA and Benzoyl Peroxide

MemberMember
(@avery0924)

Posted : 01/29/2017 10:26 pm

Ive been on the regimen for about 4 weeks now and i just started incorporating the AHA to my routine. I usually wait until the BP on my face dries and then i apply a layer on AHA onto my skin. It stings really badly and I think I got a burn on my face... is it correct to be using the AHA on TOP of the BP??? Am i doing something wrong?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 01/30/2017 10:51 am

The stinging sensation is perfectly normal. If it is really bad, try to water down the AHA with moisturizer... mix half AHA and half moisturizer then apply that on top of the BP. It might still sting a bit but it wouldn't be as bad as using AHA alone. Eventually your skin will get used to the AHA and then you should be able to use AHA in place of the moisturizer.

avery0924 liked
MemberMember
(@avery0924)

Posted : 01/31/2017 1:56 pm

On 1/30/2017 at 10:51 AM, nicmic62 said:

The stinging sensation is perfectly normal. If it is really bad, try to water down the AHA with moisturizer... mix half AHA and half moisturizer then apply that on top of the BP. It might still sting a bit but it wouldn't be as bad as using AHA alone. Eventually your skin will get used to the AHA and then you should be able to use AHA in place of the moisturizer.

Thank you so much.... And I was wondering about when this flakiness will go away!! it really makes me self conscious at school because my skin starts to flake off and theirs dead skin. I hate it! I wear makeup to school so it usually starts to flake around my jaw area. I was wondering how far into the regimen you are and if this dry, flaky skin will ever get better or improve. I notice i dont get many active pimples that much its just the dryyyy flaky skin thats really bothering me now.