Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After being on the regimen for 6 months now... seeing great results for the first 3 months... and now my face is acne covered again... it's time to find something new.

Im gonna try the Mary Kay Formula 3 products. All for oily skin. it has a gentle cream cleanser, SA toner, 5% BP cream, and then oil-free lotion. *crosses fingers*

I don't know if this helps but I was on the Regimen for like 4 weeks and stopped. I had steady acne. After reading something, I decided to stop eating dairy products like milk, ice cream; and my breakouts have decreased dramatically, but when i do try to sneak in a treat here and there i break out. Dairy has been a trigger for me maybe it is for you too.

I don't know if this helps but I was on the Regimen for like 4 weeks and stopped.  I had steady acne.  After reading something, I decided to stop eating dairy products like milk, ice cream; and my breakouts have decreased dramatically, but when i do try to sneak in a treat here and there i break out.  Dairy has been a trigger for me maybe it is for you too.

You must have unwittingly changed the regimen....if it works at first it should always work - are you sure you're doing exactly what you were doing for the first 3 months?

Don't give up. Nothing over-the-couter works for me. I've been on tetracycline on-and-off for about 10 years now and it is truly the only thing that works for me. Be sure to take it either 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal. Tetracycline kills p.acnes and other bacteria in your body and has been safely used for many problems for over 40 years. Also, long-term use of tetracycline is relatively safe.

I know what you are thinking... taking pills for going on 10 years can't be good. Well, like I said, tetracycline is safe and whenever I stopped taking it I would quickly break out again. The key is to be consistent and not to miss any doses.

I also use salicylic face wash and Differin at night. The tetracycline kills the p.acne bacteria and the salicylic face wash and Differin help to unclog pores. Both of this combined, I have found create a powerful solution to acne.

I have contemplated accutane since I'm tired of taking 2 pills per day for years and years but I'm going to avoid accutane if the tetracycline keeps working.

Also, using prescription antibiotic lotions are much more prone to the acne bacteria in your body becoming resistant to the drug than using an oral antibiotic... in other words, it is difficult for p.acnes to become resistant to an oral antibiotic unless you frequently miss doses and take the drug improperly.

Hope this helps... tetracycline + differin is the ONLY thing that keeps me clear and I have tried just about everything out there when it comes to fighting acne.

I stumbled upon the dairy product thing i don't remember, but for example, one week i ate lots of cereal, i started to break out like crazy. And before that, i was just drinking a glass of milk a day with steady breakouts. 2 weeks after stopping with dairy products or trying to, i was almost clear just left with the old red marks; people started to notice too.

You must have unwittingly changed the regimen....if it works at first it should always work - are you sure you're doing exactly what you were doing for the first 3 months?

After being on the regimen for 6 months now... seeing great results for the first 3 months... and now my face is acne covered again... it's time to find something new.

Im gonna try the Mary Kay Formula 3 products. All for oily skin. it has a gentle cream cleanser, SA toner, 5% BP cream, and then oil-free lotion. *crosses fingers*

Before you make MK any richer, please see my post under

My sucess story" Lady SUnshine....

In terms of dietry and science, though unproven, the chinese believed that dietry and acne is inter-related.

Avoid heaty foods such as chocolates, fried foods, and food containing massive amounts of oil. Seafood too since it's supposed to "poison" the blood.

Well though unproven, prevention is indeed better than cure. No harm trying, if it does'nt help just stick back to your original diet plan.

And yeah, I've realised the most important factors that prevents blackouts for me is having enough sleep. smile.gif

I agree with the dairy thing. I don't know if it makes a diff of what ethnicity you are, but I'm asian. I used to drink milk, but switched to soy milk cuz reg milk made me gassy. I didn't think dairy had anything to do with my skin, but when I changed to soy milk, I still ate cheese. I've since cut that out, and I can only tolerate it in really small amounts. Now I notice whenever I eat cheese in large amounts (pizza, casseroles, nachos-stuff that's not great for you anyways) my face erupts. So I guess you just have to learn what works for you

Before you make MK any richer, please see my post under

My sucess story" Lady SUnshine....

I wasnt able to find your post in "My Success Story" Can I get a link to it?

Hmmm....just to clarify, I would not say it is the poor food, so that wasn't me. I don't really believe food has much to do with acne. Humidity does sometimes affect acne, but I would think more likely it has something to do with another change that occured when you went to school.

Maybe you started irritating your skin somehow? Scrubbing your face harder? Picking at your face while studying? Try to think if you have been somehow irritating your face. Also, check out http://www.acne.org/faq.html#notworking and think about those things for a minute.

It's true that if the regimen works at first it should always work unless you have developed severe acne.

-Dan