Notifications
Clear all

Is it ACTUALLY possible to get rid of acne scars?

MemberMember
(@georgelucas)

Posted : 01/26/2017 5:40 pm

As many people on here, I spend a lot of time looking through the forum or looking through the Internet for that one solution that will finally get rid of my acne scars and the more and more I look the more I begin to think, is it even possible? It's almost impossible to find someone on these forums who actually GOT RID of their scars, best case scenarios it's people that maybe got 40-50% improvement which is cool and all but the scars are still there. We spend so much time looking at our faces that to us 50% is a lot of improvement but in reality other people look and still see scars, they probably don't notice the difference. And all these Derms have so many treatment options (lasers, peels, su vision, excisions etc.) but it's impossible to find a before and after picture that actually REALLY made a difference. With the costs being so high and the results being so small I feel as though derms are really just trying to get there money and don't care about how we really feel. Please let me know if I'm just rambling but I just feel so exhausted and disappointed that no matter how hard I search, getting rid of these scars just doesn't seem possible.

MemberMember
(@albertwilliam)

Posted : 01/27/2017 1:49 am

There are some easiest and possible ways to remove pimple is fuller's earth face mask, aspirin face mask, tomato mask, banana face mask, yogurt face mask.

How to remove pimple marks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/27/2017 8:38 am

As many people on here, I spend a lot of time looking through the forum or looking through the Internet for that one solution that will finally get rid of my acne scars and the more and more I look the more I begin to think, is it even possible? It's almost impossible to find someone on these forums who actually GOT RID of their scars, best case scenarios it's people that maybe got 40-50% improvement which is cool and all but the scars are still there. We spend so much time looking at our faces that to us 50% is a lot of improvement but in reality other people look and still see scars, they probably don't notice the difference. And all these Derms have so many treatment options (lasers, peels, su vision, excisions etc.) but it's impossible to find a before and after picture that actually REALLY made a difference. With the costs being so high and the results being so small I feel as though derms are really just trying to get there money and don't care about how we really feel. Please let me know if I'm just rambling but I just feel so exhausted and disappointed that no matter how hard I search, getting rid of these scars just doesn't seem possible.

No one got rid of their scars, this is impossible, they softened them or made them look better. This is what laser is designed to do or anything filler plumps up the area, subcision releases the tether, acid thins the skin to create more.

No one get's rid of scars. Just as you can lighten a tattoo but not get rid of them fully.

"We spend so much time looking at our faces that to us 50% ." This is a false statement. When you are down to the bone without fat and the filler raises your skin to make it even or at least more even, that is a improvement. When your scars are tethered down and they aren't anymore then that is a improvement. These are real life changing improvements. The thing I see is body dysmorphia with people who have unrealistic expectations and Dr.s willing to sell you lies for $$$. Acne scar dysmorphia is a thing, you can sit there and look at a little blackhead and it's the end of the world. This is a mental condition and a therapist can help more than a plastic surgeon. Acne scar treatment can take years, it is a process, never one and done. When you go in thinking they will fix you completely this is unreal expectations on the patients part and they will sadly be disappointed. The best you can do is get good enough to move on with life and be happy.

MemberMember
(@lhupluto)

Posted : 04/12/2017 4:24 pm

hey I know what you mean..

I have deep depressed scars ALL over my cheeks and temples. It is depressing to see it everyday, and have it hinder you enjoying life.

I agree that these methods of scar removal never give out the smooth perfecting finish..

I had two lasers done, and tbh.... it only made my face swollen, and appears to look smooth.. but give it 8 months to a year later... nothing changed. All the scars that I thought got better, went back to the original steep pit. So I've stopped putting $$$ out to do anymore scar removals, and am on a learning path to just accept it as a part of me.

Hope this helps, and good luck to your path as well. xo

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 04/14/2017 3:22 am

I totally agree when you say that good before and after results are hard to come by, its pretty depressing. But if its really important to you then you should still give some treatments a chance, ask your dermatologist what he/she thinks.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 04/20/2017 4:24 am

I think you can never get rid of scars but there are ways on how to make them less noticeable. ;)

MemberMember
(@erin_o)

Posted : 06/06/2019 2:54 pm

Oh my goodness yes.. its most definitelypossible to get rid of acne scars!!!!!! Ittakes a bitpatience. Acne scars heal like howa flower or tree blooms if you know what I mean...im sure once its been taken care of you'll have better understanding andpatience skills which is a win win... I know I have!! Microneedling is an amazing treatment for many..... Each session you see the scars get more and more shallow. I suggest you get a coupleprofessional treatments first like I've done then you could feel more comfortable at home! Firstcouple times I microneedled I was shaky Lol.. I bought my pen on overstock its called Dr pen the gold one.... You have to make sure and clean the needles with 70 percent Iso alcohal for five minutes before and after your session. Also let it sit in soapy water before the alcohalfor a couple minutesbefore and after as well. Soap will get skin and oil type stuff off...Make sure and not let the needles scrape the side of the glass!! Make sure the needles are not bent,and make sure when you first get your needles in the mail they are not bent!!! Let the needles dry for 5 minutes. Wash your face and hands then swab your face with 70 percent Iso alcohal.. I actually have a bottle of the alcohal and little square pads of the 70 Iso alcohal that looks like like its just a moist towel handzanitizer that you get at chic fil a but its not LOL...Let dry, then puthyaloronic acid serum on your face for moisture... Needle your face(watch videos and learn as much as you can) try not to over do it... Then put hyaloronic acid onagain after. Dont wash your face that night, stay at home and indoors that night. Then you put some good nutragenasunscreen on that week. Only do this every month. And if you want you can message me with any questions! I know a good bit about other acne scar treatments too! Take it easy... Be very kindto yourself:) like you would a friend. DONT be hard on yourself. And learn to ENJOY the journey... Love you self at all stages you deserve it all. Like I said microneedling works for a lot of people.. Give it a lot of time and treatments then try something later if you feel its literally doing nothing try another treatment you think would do good. Ive heard sometimes people stop after two or three sessions but it may take that fourth to kick start it basically... Make sure you can trust and feel absolutely comfy with your ethstatition... Theres wonderful rf microneedling, tca cross, fraxel, microneedling, and co2 lasers... Also subsicion and of corse filler but ya know..anyways. God bless. Anything is possible... Ive research further than anyone to know there are many people deep online that have gotten rid of acne scars. Dont let anyone tell you its impossible or a permanent situation. Im simply paying forward the comes who shared their story that helped me and encouraged me when I doubted what I could do..(i doubted I couldn't get rid of acne scars.... I doubted hoe strong we are and if we put our minds to something you best believe)

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 06/07/2019 5:15 am

Come on Erin.. may be for superficial fresh scars microneedlingcould work but not for the pits..not for the ice picks...I have done 10 sessions all together, 3 with the Drs. Zero for the pits only widenedthem more...damaged the texture with more lines(cuts).. you should be careful with needling, for the thin skin it could bring more damage! I came to the point where it isbetter to needle the scar only and then to tca paint it. You could choose one scar and needle and paint it every month for half a year and see...

EkiAyran liked