Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JohnZe

Dry skin on Neck!!! - Help!

Hello,

I have recently switched cleansers, but no matter which one I use they always dry my skin out really bad, and I have tried quite a few! It's not my face that's the problem though, it's my neck.

Although my face is quite dry after cleansing, the BP plus moisturiser tends to sort that out, how ever my neck gets really dry! No matter how much moisturiser I use, within minutes it has become really dried out and flaky! The weirdest part is that I don't even let the cleanser touch my neck!!! How the hell is it drying out??? My moisturiser costs like £6 ($12) a pot, and cuz of my neck I am getting through 2 a week, at least!!! This is really frustrating,

anyone else had this?

Thanks,

J.

This is happening to me too! And I don't put any cleanser or BP on my neck. I've tried putting the heavy cetaphil cream on it but within half an hour it's extremely dry and flaky again. Anyone have any solutions for this?

Be careful to not rub moisturizer on your neck since it may spread the benzoyl peroxide as well. This will dry out your neck severely since your neck is very sensitive to benzoyl peroxide. I tried to avoid my neck completely with BP and moisturizer.

The Acne is not on my neck, chin mostly.  Yeah, I do tend to moisturize my neck, after rubbing BP, maybe thats it, I will moisturise my neck seperately and see how it works.

J.

one tip that i have found very helpful is; put moisturiser on your sensitive areas before you touch the bp. i have started putting moisturiser around my eyes before i put on the bp. then, after the bp, i put moisturiser everywhere else and never touch the area around my eyes.

also, you could get a really intense moisturiser, just for your neck. i like emu oil.

this might sound gross, but vaseline is the bomb ass moisturizer. Just make sure you massage it in and make sure it absorbs