Notifications
Clear all

If diet causes my acne, will anything else treat it?

MemberMember
(@olivia54)

Posted : 01/22/2017 9:25 am

I found that dairy and sugar cause my acne. I've cut it out for nearly 6 months and my skin improved but now I'm getting annoyed and upset from living with the paranoia that everything I eat will break me out. I'm sick of even a little bit of sugar and dairy giving me a spot and i miss eating these foods even as an occasional treat. I feel so antisocial sometimes having to be so strict with my diet, especially as I already can't eat gluten, then now I can't eat dairy and sugar. It makes me kind of 'depressed' sometimes. At first I was enjoying eating healthy but I accidentally lost a stone, now I'm so underweight my period actually stopped. I'm obviously going to continue eating healthy, I'd just like to eat whatever else I want. Even 'healthy' sweeteners like honey break me out so I can't even make my own cakes etc.
So my question is, if diet is the cause of my acne, will anything else actually treat it aside from just not eating these foods?

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 01/26/2017 6:27 pm

Relax Girl!:) organic dairy doesn't cause acne!! it's the nonorganic loaded with hormones that cause acne! to curb sugar cravings, add pinch of cinnamon every time you drink water(it evens out blood sugar) as for healthy sweets you can eat organic dried fruits, and fresh fruits!
good luck!:)

highly advise nettle and raspberry tea( can find at high end store tea/pharmacy section) make like tea and drink all day long( it's good for. U.S. women with hormones problem)

Olivia54 liked
MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 01/26/2017 7:24 pm

56 minutes ago, AhaGuru said:

Relax Girl!:) organic dairy doesn't cause acne!! it's the nonorganic loaded with hormones that cause acne! to curb sugar cravings, add pinch of cinnamon every time you drink water(it evens out blood sugar) as for healthy sweets you can eat organic dried fruits, and fresh fruits!

highly advise nettle and raspberry tea( can find at high end store tea/pharmacy section) make like tea and drink all day long( it's good for. U.S. women with hormones problem)

"Organic" dairy still has cow hormones. It just means they were fed organic feed. Theres tons of options like coconut yogurt (so delicious makes a no sugar one). Im gf dairy free due to allergies

Olivia54 liked
MemberMember
(@mrfringe)

Posted : 01/27/2017 7:36 am

I have a similar diet - no gluten, no/low sugar. I don't eat fruit or sweets etc. It can be a pain sometimes and I don;t know your location but here in the UK we have a lot of alternatives which are really good. Instead of milk I drink hemp milk for my cereal/porridge. Cereal and Porridge oats I buy are gluten free from the super market.

It's easy to scare yourself into thinking everything you eat is going to break you out but it's not the case - your body will be happy by you just making sensible choices. You can't always completely eliminate sugar so just opt for low sugar. Try and make meals from scratch using fresh ingredients rather than relying on processed foods.

Drink lots of water to help flush your system out too.

Look, I still get pimples and I eat really, really healthy - it sucks but you have to learn to live with it. It's a pain sometimes that I can't just sit and eat ice cream, or chocolate or cake but in the long run perhaps I'll live longer and have less health issues when I'm older.

Olivia54 liked
MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 01/27/2017 1:02 pm

17 hours ago, Exning said:
18 hours ago, AhaGuru said:

"Organic" dairy still has cow hormones. It just means they were fed organic feed. Theres tons of options like coconut yogurt (so delicious makes a no sugar one). Im gf dairy free due to allergies

There is much debate about the cow's milk thing...all the points stated are valid in certain cases. Some people are affected by regular milk, but can tolerate "organic". (It's not just the feed--the cows are dosed with very high levels of synthetic hormones to stimulate an over-production of milk.) For others, the lactose (milk sugars) is the offender and they can tolerate "lactose free". For some, it's the actual cow's milk--the proteins. Yet, they can drink goat's milk with no reactions at all. Just to clarify, just because someone has an issue with milk, it doesn't automatically mean that it's due to the hormones contained in the milk.
Years ago, I was having trouble digesting cow's milk...my gut would go nuts. Everyone commented, "lactose intolerant", but I really didn't think that was it. It was weird...I got the exact same reaction from eating ground beef at that time. I decided to try organic milk and beef and wouldn't you know it...no more tummy troubles.

Olivia54 liked