Notifications
Clear all

Follicular Macular Atrophy Solutions

MemberMember
(@trp9rite)

Posted : 01/21/2017 3:12 am

Hi guys,

So i've been reading through a tonne of posts, and thought i'd write up a post to see if anyone had any ideas.

After many many tries by my doctors to solve my back acne, finally they put me on accutane and i've been on it for about 8 months. It's been completely clear for about 4 months, and i'm only on about 10mg/20mg.

Anyway it's left some scarring on my back, that covers the whole back. Now the main two issues i'm finding are a tonne of little white 'follicular macular atrophy' scars scattered across the sides and centre of my back, along with various light discolouration and redness.

Now in all honesty, while the scarring does cover my entire back, it's actually been manageable. After taking a shower, or going for a swim, when my back is covered in water the scarring is pretty much not visible unless you go really, really close. Although when my back is dry, it is pretty obvious from about a metre or two away. I usually feel comfortable swimming once my back is wet.

Anyway you might be thinking why would I bother if it isn't *too* bad, and not visible when covered in water. Well it feels like I am so so close to getting my skin back, and surely it is possible.

One thing I have tried as my skin is quite white, is rubbing tanning cream over my back, and it evened out the skin colour enough to hide the majority although the white bumps are still visible when in bright light eg sun. (for example, I looked at my back in the mirror on the wall, faced away from the ceiling light and my back looked overall clear.

If anyone has any solutions, or ideas, please let me know. I feel so close to something at least resembling clear skin. Has anyone tried silicone sheeting? Lasers?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/22/2017 6:35 am

Under my signature ... the faq link. Goto skin: and find hypopigmentation for a possible treatment. I also saw on realself.com some doctors recommended laser, you could always post on there for advice. The body is tricky as less blood cells / collagen production, especially the back.