medical or cosmetic...

Notifications
Clear all

medical or cosmetic?

MemberMember
(@poptarts2k17)

Posted : 01/20/2017 10:25 pm

Hello,

I have very oily skin, as some people in the forum have said, 5 minutes after washing face, there is a crap load of oil back especially on my nose and forehead. To make it worst, I have a lot of blackheads on my nose, feels like i am a strawberry. This makes me insecure. I want to go to dermatologist but I need a referral (I live in Canada). A question I have is, is this deemed as a medical condition or cosmetic purposes? I really would like to get rid of this annoying blackheads away!

Any suggestions? What should I do?

MemberMember
(@jcika-julian)

Posted : 01/21/2017 11:54 am

Hi poptarts2k17,
Pimples are one of the the majority of irritating pores and skin problems that people want to get rid of this. Though pimples occur immediately, it takes too much time to get rid of all of them permanently. Regardless of whatever you attempt, from nasal area strips in order to parlor face, it is this type of disgusting problem that you can not get rid of even though you squeeze these out!

Asking yourself what to do right now? Dont become panic! Although it takes a little long to eliminate Blackheads, you are able to surely take them off permanently along with just a little initiatives from your time to life. Prior to we go to discuss How you can Remove Whiteheads from Nasal area Permanently, inform us what causes whiteheads first within the following. Another thing you may consult with a dermatologist. But there may be some bad effect of medicine. My suggestion is home remedies. That will be the best.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/24/2017 1:34 pm

I don't really know whether it's medical or cosmetic but there are a few things you could try beforehand. I also have really oily skin and blackheads. I had to have my skin clear from acne for a year before I was able to go ahead with laser scar resurfacing. Trust me, I was obsessed with trying to clear my skin up,

Things I found to be helpful:
Twice a week I would steam my face and use a toner to clean my pores. I used a face steamer (Revlon Facial Sauna) but you can just pour boiling water into a sink and put a towel over your head (and the sink, trapping the steam). This opens your pores and allows you to clean the dirt out of them. Buy a toner for blackheads and use that. The La Roche Posay Micro-exfoliation Lotion is really great and I'd recommend if you can afford it, but any cheaper/drugstore one should work fine too. If you don't have sensitive skin I'd also recommend using a facial exfoliating sponge (with a bit of face wash on) before doing the steam as it will clear any dead skin cells and also let the steam and toner get to your pores.

Use a gentle blackhead clearing scrub once or twice a day. I use Garnier Pure Active Blackhead Scrub which keeps my pores clear and stops me getting as oily.

The best moisturiser for controlling oil is The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream. I know it's pricey but it really is worth it - and controlling the oil will help reduce recurrent/further blackheads.