Notifications
Clear all

Scab came off nose, left dark mark, help needed. PICTURE INCLUDED.

MemberMember
(@lara-kaya)

Posted : 01/20/2017 7:01 pm

I had a very small pimple on my nose, and I constantly kept touching it and touching it. It became painful that my nose was swollen and I then played with It again, causing it to scab. When the scab came off, it left pink skin, then started to turn into a dark mark. I don't know what to do, I tried Benzoyl peroxide but still nothing.

[Edited image out]

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/21/2017 8:07 am

Do not put BP, this will dry it out and make it worse. A wet wound is a happy wound. Have you tried putting triple antibiotic ointment on (At night if you go out during the day) and doing dilute white vinegar pats (don't rub) to disinfect and clean it. If this does not make it better in a month or so please look at the link below for a FAQ on hyper pigmentation, it has ll treatments for discoloration.

https://www.acne.org/hyperpigmentation.html

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@lara-kaya)

Posted : 01/21/2017 9:09 am

On 1/21/2017 at 7:07 PM, beautifulambition said:

Do not put BP, this will dry it out and make it worse. A wet wound is a happy wound. Have you tried putting triple antibiotic ointment on (At night if you go out during the day) and doing dilute white vinegar pats (don't rub) to disinfect and clean it. If this does not make it better in a month or so please look at the link below for a FAQ on hyper pigmentation, it has ll treatments for discoloration.

https://www.acne.org/hyperpigmentation.html

in Australia, we dont have any triple antibiotic cream or such which sucks because I keep hearing about neosporin being great for this type of issue, but we do have hydroquinone if that'll help? Ive also been using BP for a good two years now, it helps fade most of my scars within a month but this is probably something different, but thank you for the reply, I've been so concerned.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/21/2017 1:49 pm

Goto the store and look in the first aid section for the ingredients:Neomycin/polymyxin B/bacitracin

Even two of the 3 would be ok. If you cannot vaseline (wet wound is a healthy wound) would be ok but has no antibiotic properties. There is also a product called polysporin which only has two of the ingredients. Problem with hydroquinone is that's skin bleach. This is a new wound. You only use that after a few months. IT will do nothing to heal it. I'd only try that in a few weeks.

MemberMember
(@lara-kaya)

Posted : 01/21/2017 6:53 pm

5 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Goto the store and look in the first aid section for the ingredients:Neomycin/polymyxin B/bacitracin

Even two of the 3 would be ok. If you cannot vaseline (wet wound is a healthy wound) would be ok but has no antibiotic properties. There is also a product called polysporin which only has two of the ingredients. Problem with hydroquinone is that's skin bleach. This is a new wound. You only use that after a few months. IT will do nothing to heal it. I'd only try that in a few weeks.

for the remaining time before I can go to the store and look for those ointments or such, do you think pure aloe vera will help at this moment? Just massaging it on the wound, the wound is just very dark at this point, it doesn't sting and I feel like it HSS healed already but left this dark mark which is making me feel so uncomfortable with it.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/22/2017 3:24 am

Sure, Just use "Aloe vera gel + honey and vitamin K (gets rid of bruises and red) keeps the spots moist creating quicker healing." If that dosen't work, get the skin bleach in a few weeks and try that." hydroquinone "

Lara.kaya liked
MemberMember
(@lara-kaya)

Posted : 01/22/2017 5:47 am

2 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Sure, Just use "Aloe vera gel + honey and vitamin K (gets rid of bruises and red) keeps the spots moist creating quicker healing." If that dosen't work, get the skin bleach in a few weeks and try that." hydroquinone "

okay, thank you so much!