Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp34 said:

Thanks for your feedback! Yeah...that makes sense. I actually have a bit of rosacea so the idea of putting such a potent acid on my face and poking my skin doesn't sound ideal.

Its  A HUGE risk !!! 

Don't take it ! Its your skin.....if you damage it again maybe it will never heal.

Some people say they aged and had orange skin peel due to fractional.

1 minute ago, fasthealing said:

Its  A HUGE risk !!! 

Don't take it ! Its your skin.....if you damage it again maybe it will never heal.

Some people say they aged and had orange skin peel due to fractional.

You're right. The "after" pictures are just so...ahhh. It's risky though because not everyone's skin is the same. 

Anyway, let's focus on healing and treating our skin ever so gently to make up for all the aggressive/abusive topicals and treatments we put on it.

1 minute ago, NeverGiveUp34 said:

You're right. The "after" pictures are just so...ahhh. It's risky though because not everyone's skin is the same. 

Anyway, let's focus on healing and treating our skin ever so gently to make up for all the aggressive/abusive topicals and treatments we put on it.

Yes we cannot play with our skin right now! 

How many years you have this problem?

Just now, fasthealing said:

Yes we cannot play with our skin right now! 

How many years you have this problem?

I think more than 10 years...it was a bit better before but you know, tanning without sunscreen and applying all sorts of topicals didn't do any good. I know people say "Oh, if you've had this for so long it won't get better" but I'm still optimistic. Like I wrote to you once, little progress is better than no progress. If people's wounds' heal, what makes this any different?

2 hours ago, NeverGiveUp34 said:

I think more than 10 years...it was a bit better before but you know, tanning without sunscreen and applying all sorts of topicals didn't do any good. I know people say "Oh, if you've had this for so long it won't get better" but I'm still optimistic. Like I wrote to you once, little progress is better than no progress. If people's wounds' heal, what makes this any different?

Ι am like this for almost 6 years! 

Not to say that others problems and your are not serious...they are super serious !

But i have suffered SO MUCH...my skin was literally in non stop 24/7 pain for years...Not exactly pain but i had non stop this inflamed feeling like its was "beating". And i cannot described how thin it became, with wrinkles while i was super young back then. And my skin became worse than a 50 years old women. And it was always like i had just burned EXTREMELY BAD ! Even from the first sunburn it looked TOO BAD...not like just a normal sunburn....but way worse. Imagine how many sunburns i had suffered till then. COUNTLESS !

And i believed that i would never be like before again. i am still nothing like before cause my skin was perfection before this doctor ruined my life.

But i am wayyyyy better. So if my body had the ability to reverse such a damage while it does not make me like before now that i am way better???

I really wonder why! I really hope for all of us to become like before. I really feel your pain.

Edited by fasthealing

@fasthealing

I guess we're our own worst critics! I haven't seen your skin but from what you've been saying, your situation sounds better! You don't seem to have huge pores or orange peel texture...as soon as you said "sunburn", I immediately thought "Cicaplast" and "tepezcohuite". Take a look at some before and after pictures of people who have used cicaplast. So many of them had red, inflamed skin either due to topicals or sunburn and cicaplast worked wonders. You should try that and let us know! Then you can also try tepezcohuite. I'm also going to try it. 

4 hours ago, NeverGiveUp34 said:

@fasthealing

I guess we're our own worst critics! I haven't seen your skin but from what you've been saying, your situation sounds better! You don't seem to have huge pores or orange peel texture...as soon as you said "sunburn", I immediately thought "Cicaplast" and "tepezcohuite". Take a look at some before and after pictures of people who have used cicaplast. So many of them had red, inflamed skin either due to topicals or sunburn and cicaplast worked wonders. You should try that and let us know! Then you can also try tepezcohuite. I'm also going to try it. 

I totally understand you, but photosensitivity is a health issue, while orange peel skin is super serious too but it only affects your appearence, not your health or your everyday life. For 6 years now i am burning not matter which or how much sunscreen i use!

I have to get burned for 3 years cause i wear  A FACE MASK....like i am gonna rob a bank. I don't feel good if people from my uni see me with this in order to not make fun of me and gossip me. I don't search for friends or bf cause i know i cannot go out with them. I can only go out at night.

I don't have huge bores but i had like i said in the past. My skin before this damage was perfect (i only had acne but NOT even one pore), so i guess it is just my skin quality that is good even though my skin suffered so much.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. 

But if feel that no matter what i will use the sunburn is established. I have used and other products which are supposed to help in sunburns but did nothing. All this cream, oils etc help only if you use them IMMEDIATELY !!! Someone from where i bought an oil clearly told me what  it works wonders but only if use it as soon as possible, and everyone who says the opposite lies.

I don't know how skin works but right now it looks like a sunburn  plus bad quality skin (at least for my age and my genetics) but it is not healing like a sunburn ! Sunburn is healing in only 1 week.

So i guess tepezcohuite might be amazing for healing burns but i don't think that anyone treated a burn that was 6 years old. They should have for sure used it immediately.

I never treated my skin immediately NOONE gave me something, this AWFUL doctor when he saw me burned he just said that retinoid do this and he was not looking at my eyes.... he was looking away to not see what he have done to me !

And he did not even gave me something for the burns. I believe that if i have treated them faster maybe i would have become good now.

If i will use tepezcohuite i will let you know. I should order it from US and i am in Europe so it will take forever to come here. 

Edited by fasthealing

23 hours ago, NeverGiveUp34 said:

This frightens me a bit that its been over 10 years. I'm about 3 years in. Would you be able to give some details on the percentage of improvement your skin is at (like how close is it to being back to normal?)? And maybe a general timeline of the improvement?  

Edited by Jackson1234

I totally understand you, but photosensitivity is a health issue, while orange peel skin is super serious too but it only affects your appearence, not your health or your everyday life.

@fasthealingI'm not sure if there's a misunderstanding but you said that your issue is a "health issue" and If your skin doesn't look bad/like a bumpy, textured orange, what are your symptoms? Does your face hurt? Is it red? Maybe you could try applying pure aloe. Be careful with oils. Some are actually drying or just "sit" on top of your skin without hydrating it. 

@jackson1234

Oh, please don't be scared! We're all in different situations because of different reasons and our skin types are different. I have rosacea and dehydrated skin. I used to apply layers and layers of acids (glycolic, benzoic, salicylic, retinol, etc.), sunbathe without suncreen and use St Ives Apricot Scrub like no tomorrow!!!:smileys_n_people_42: I didn't know any better and dermatologists kept on giving me all those aggressive topicals because of my acne...

I haven't take pictures of my skin throughout the years so I can't really answer that. To be honest I never really focused on the pores/orange peel texture (because I was so happy I had finally gotten rid of the acne) until friends started pointing it out. About eight years ago, one "friend" said, "Have you ever tried foundation or pore minimizers?" but I didn't really think anything, and about two/three years ago, a girl said "I would hide if I had those pores". That's when I started becoming self-conscious and a bit insecure. I've tried dermarolling but it just makes my skin look way more inflamed and pores looked worse. One tip I can give you (if you have the same skin type of course) is to not wash the orange peel textured area. I noticed my skin looks worse when it's dry. I stopped washing it about a year ago. The texture definitely looks better when it's hydrated but since my skin is so sensitive, I have to avoid many ingredients. So far chamomile water and I'm From Mugwort Essence are soothing my skin. 

What does your skin look like? Does it look like the lady's skin, in the post I shared yesterday?

@fasthealing and @jackson123 and everybody: it's never too late. Like I said, taking baby steps is still progress! Let's focus on pampering and healing our skin and avoiding further damage. I think an anti-inflammatory diet is also beneficial. Sleeping well too. 

55 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp34 said:

What does your skin look like? Does it look like the lady's skin, in the post I shared yesterday?

@fasthealing and @jackson123 and everybody: it's never too late. Like I said, taking baby steps is still progress! Let's focus on pampering and healing our skin and avoiding further damage. I think an anti-inflammatory diet is also beneficial. Sleeping well too. 

Hey thanks for your kind words and the reply. I'd say my situation is similar but different. I wrecked by skin barrier using retinoids (adaphalene forte, It was not from sunburn) and acid exfoliants, then made it worse by flipping between different sunscreens and moisturisers that burnt my skin. This went on for about 6 months, where I was damaging my skin with products and then swapping to new products. I don't believe I have rosacea but I have a similar orange peel skin texture that fluctuates in appearance depending on hydration levels. The most annoying symptom is the dryness, flakiness and tightness of the skin, which is very distracting. At the moment I currently only use suncreen when needed and wash with water a few nights a week. I have days where its really bothersome and days where its close to normal. The good news is my skin no longer burns or is inflamed and the texture/hydration is slowly healing. The rate of healing is only noticeable at 3-6 month increments. I believe it will take many skin cycles to get back to normality. My skin used to be quite oily but very resilient. I really just want to get back to a place where my skin is resilient, the pores don't bother me so much as I've always genetically had larger pores.

I agree, sleep and diet help tremendously.

Edited by Jackson1234

You're welcome. If you experience dryness, flakiness and tightness means that your barrier is compromised. However, the fact that there are days when your skin is almost normal and that you're noticing improvements every 3 - 6 months, is great! 

I keep on reading that red led light (they sell these devices on amazon, etc.) heals wounds and scars,  stimulates collagen, repairs damage and is anti-inflammatory....I'm wondering why no one here ever speaks about it though? It does sound promising. 

On 1/20/2022 at 7:01 PM, NeverGiveUp34 said:

You're welcome. If you experience dryness, flakiness and tightness means that your barrier is compromised. However, the fact that there are days when your skin is almost normal and that you're noticing improvements every 3 - 6 months, is great! 

I keep on reading that red led light (they sell these devices on amazon, etc.) heals wounds and scars,  stimulates collagen, repairs damage and is anti-inflammatory....I'm wondering why no one here ever speaks about it though? It does sound promising. 

I was also thinking about it ! But i don't know why i stopped researching about it, i wonder if it has any risks.

Hi everyone,

I bumped into one of my friends the other day and I noticed that her skin looked flawless and way smoother than usual. She said that it's due to the 8% glycolic acid product she's being using. Gahh, I'm so tempted! I did some research and it looks like glycolic acid is good for dry/dehydrated skin. I remember trying 30% glycolic acid years ago (as well as a million other acids/products) which obviously just irritated my skin, but now I'm wondering if I should try a lower percentage? I mean, glycolic acid reverses the aging process and increases collagen synthesis and isn't that what we need? What do you guys think? 

5 hours ago, NeverGiveUp34 said:

Hi everyone,

I bumped into one of my friends the other day and I noticed that her skin looked flawless and way smoother than usual. She said that it's due to the 8% glycolic acid product she's being using. Gahh, I'm so tempted! I did some research and it looks like glycolic acid is good for dry/dehydrated skin. I remember trying 30% glycolic acid years ago (as well as a million other acids/products) which obviously just irritated my skin, but now I'm wondering if I should try a lower percentage? I mean, glycolic acid reverses the aging process and increases collagen synthesis and isn't that what we need? What do you guys think? 

Absolutely do not use ANYTHING that will exfoliate your skin. Her skin is normal, our skin is damaged, you cannot compare the two. Our skin reacts horribly to exfoliants like retinol, that’s why we are where we are today. While others have been using retinol for decades. On top of that, our skin is damaged, DO NOT put that on your skin. But that’s my advice, do as you wish.

You guys wanna heal your skin? I’ve probably spend $5,000-$6000 trying to heal my skin. Did 7 sessions Infini RF, at $500 a piece. Countless Serums and growth factors. Wasted a lot of money. And my damage is probably worse than anyone here.

Lately I’ve been water fasting. And it has been magical. Drink 1 to 1 and a half bottles of water ONLY for 4 days, and get back to me. In fact start small, do it for just 2 days. And see the changes it makes to your skin. I suggest you do research on water fasting before you tell me that it’s unhealthy.

Edited by Phuong Nguyen
Mistake

@Phuong Nguyen Thank you for your feedback. I was even considering a *very* gentle/weak retinol product (I know, shocking) because I literally don't know what to think anymore! I do know we have to baby our skin to heal it but at the same time I feel we need that extra "oomph" to get the cells to turnover. I have a mild form of rosacea and some people say the skin is "thickened", which is what causes the orange peel texture. Plus, don't pores need to be cleaned otherwise they'll get clogged?  How are you all keeping your pores clean?

2 hours ago, Phuong Nguyen said:

Lately I’ve been water fasting. And it has been magical. Drink 1 to 1 and a half bottles of water ONLY for 4 days, and get back to me. In fact start small, do it for just 2 days. And see the changes it makes to your skin. I suggest you do research on water fasting before you tell me that it’s unhealthy.

Is that your picture? Not sure if it's the lighting or disrance but your skin looks good. 

I would like to try water fasting but I tried skipping two meals and fainted in the past so I don't think I could do it for 4 days...I was thinking of intermittent fasting but not sure if it's the same. How often do you water fast? Do you notice a difference in your skin's texture after water fasting and how long does the effect last?