Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, checking in with some thoughts.

progress is going great.  Continuing to dermaroll and apply that Cicalfate stuff, along with emu oil, urea, and I’ve just added hyaluronic acid as well.  In the past couple days, the texture has improved DRAMATICALLY.  Before I always felt like the areas that were affected were OPEN in some way, you know what I mean?  But now they’re starting to feel CLOSED.  Like the texture is normalizing, flattening out, becoming normal skin.  It’s a wonderful feeling.  All the suffering but now, it’s finally getting better.  This will happen to you too.  Just stay strong.  It’s been 1 year since I first started using emu oil and dermarolling.  Almost 3 years since I basically went caveman.  No water touches my face, no cleansing, no wiping anything off.  And nearly 15 years since I first started fucking with my skin.  It takes that long.

ill keep checking in with updates cuz I come upon so many threads about this topic and you never know what ultimately happened to people because they stop posting.  Maybe because they healed and posting on an acne message board is the farthest thing from their minds.

another quick observation. Do you ever notice how the problem areas were where we concentrated most when washing or applying topical?  It’s like we developed a problem area and so washed it harder or put more topical there and then, because of that, it started getting worse.  But we just thought that was a really problematic area NATURALLY on our face and we had to pay more attention to it.  But by doing so, we kept making it worse.  And it’s just this cycle that keeps going on.

Yes definite improvement happening everyday.  But as I’ve said before, it’s just taking a very long time!

Sorry guys for not posting in a while.  I got a bit discouraged.  As I’ve said, there’s progress happening but I’ve just done so much damage.  Really exacerbated by sun exposure I’ve realized.  And I just started thinking my skin will never be fully healed.  And if it ever is, natural aging will have damaged it anyway.  It occurs to me that that’s what I’ve done—basically aged my skin like 30 years!  That’s what happens to your skin as it ages, the moisture barrier weakens.  So we’ve just basically sped up that process.  If you look at an older person’s skin, you’ll see that it resembles yours.  Discoloration, redness, thin skin, big pores.  By eroding away the moisture barrier you’re basically hyper-aging your skin.

but some good news: found two new products that are really doing wonders. 1)Snail cream and 2)flaxseed oil.  I just got mizon’s multi function all in one snail repair cream.  And then whatever flaxseed oil you want—I use the earth source brand.  Introduce these into your regimen.  I say replace the emu oil with the flaxseed.  Good luck!

and don’t get me wrong, there is great progress happening and you can reverse this condition. I’m sure most of you have not done as much damage as me, so it will likely be much quicker for you.  But for me, I’ve still got some time.  The thing is it’s really not that bad anymore.  I actually saw a dermatologist the other day who looked at me like I was crazy, saying I have a natural glow and just need to be using sunscreen.  The thing that really bothers me now is the redness and extreme sensitivity.  That likely won’t go away until the moisture barrier is fully restored and that’s gonna take a longer. But I’m confident that ONE day, it will!

hey guys i feel my skin get better. i used retin a 108days ago. my cheek and entire face is filled with large pores and wrinkle. this fucking disaster ruined my whole routine. i was preparing for really big test controlling my life. but retin a give me busy brain.

i'm from north-east asia (korea). in rare case, asian also have side effect by retin a. i'm 24years old. i just adapt?adopted some moisturizer for three month. suddenly today i can see a little progress. pore seems to be closed little of bit. i can not use english well, but i want to sharing my experience. like you, while retin a effects are still existent in skin, i feel very disappointed and even have hard depression. 

but it will take very long time, improvement should be seen soon. when i adapt a minimum amount of moisturizer, my pore seems better. than overcoating it. 

the medicine is moisturizer and to avoiding sun and patience.

Good luck!  I just found that using an occlusive after the hydrating products, like aquaphor, helps trap the moisture in.  But don’t overdo it!  And Stratia’s Liquid Gold is really good too.