Notifications
Clear all

My mum is a problem

MemberMember
(@nilfisk)

Posted : 01/19/2017 1:10 am

My mum is a huge problem for my acne. Heres afew quick examples why.
First off she encourages me to pop my pimples and says "its good" and when I reply no it just leaves scars, she then get pissed.
Secondly she tries to pop my pimples and I tell her "Tf you doing" she again gets pissed
Finally whenever I asked her to buy me some products she goes out and get what she wants and not what I wanted just because "Its not made for men".
What should i do. My acne isnt that hardcore acne. Its calned down over the past 2 years. Mainly left is scars, blackheads and enlarged pores allllllllll over. My mum aint gonna help so whats recommend

MemberMember
(@enacopations)

Posted : 01/22/2017 1:48 pm

I had the same issue with my mom when I was about 11-12 and started having problems with my skin. Here's my advice: do NOT do anything. It will go away. If you start messing with products and popping pimples, you will have a loooong road ahead of you. I wish I had left my skin alone. Now I am dependant on skin products and my face is still a mess, even after accutane.

Nilfisk liked
MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 01/22/2017 2:36 pm

Your mom's advice is well intended. Im sure she tries to help you in a way she deems best. Prodding against her advice probably makes her feel as if you do not appreciate her help. Which in turn triggers some emotions.

Try talking to your mom about these topics. There are no skin care products that are only work for men or only work for women. Our skin is the same. The marketing and perfumes are the only things that differ. Do your research on the topics you would like to discuss with your mother, and try to let her see your side of the story.

If the above fails, you should try and gather the products you want yourself. If traveling to stores is an issue, online shopping could be a great option as well.

Nilfisk liked