Alternatives to Acn...

Notifications
Clear all

Alternatives to Acne.Org Jojoba Oil to remove makeup?

MemberMember
(@samihahd)

Posted : 01/17/2017 2:58 pm

I recently started the regimen, and yes no need to remind me, I know it's best if you don't wear makeup when using the Regimen but unfortunately I'm not comfortable going around bare-faced (: As international shipping is quite expensive, I'm not going to be purchasing the Jojoba Oil separately, so I was wondering if there are any alternative oils I can use to remove my makeup without messing with the results.

Are any of these oils safe to use when using the Acne.org regimen?
-castor oil
-olive oil
-argan oil
-almond oil
-tea tree oil
-coconut oil (I heard it's highly comedogenic?)
-rose water
-witch hazel

Those are the oils that are readily available to me, however if none of these will work I will try to find Jojoba Oil somehow. And are there any other products/oils I can use that can easily be found at a drugstore?

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 01/20/2017 3:56 pm

Hello Samihahd,

The Acne.org Cleanser is specially formulated to be gentle on the skin so you may use it to remove your makeup. Use a generous amount of the Cleanser and work up a lather on your hand before gently using it on your skin. For harder to remove makeup, the Acne.org Moisturizer is a great makeup remover,

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

MemberMember
(@dani34)

Posted : 02/03/2017 10:32 am

Argan Oil is what I use to remove makeup, and also use in conjunction with the regimen instead of Jojoba Oil.

MemberMember
(@alexreyabc)

Posted : 02/05/2017 2:19 am

I use coconut oil sometimes, and it works fine for me and feels good on my skin. I didn't know it was comedogenic!! Maybe try olve oil! My friend uses olive oil to remove makeup

MemberMember
(@sophie1127)

Posted : 03/03/2017 10:41 pm

I like to use makeup as well. Like someone else said, the acne.org moisturizer can also be used to remove makeup (it contains jojoba oil). Just gently rub some on your dry face, rinse, and cleanse - like you would the jojoba oil. As an alternative, any of those "oil cleansers" you see at the drugstorecan be used to remove makeup (the jojoba oil is basically one type of these). They're only on your skin for a short time so they won't break it out - just try to find one with no fragrance that has non-comedogenic ingredients, just in case. Then wash your face with your regular cleanser after. I don't really trust one cleanser to remove all my makeup - I like this method better (I call it "double cleansing") because there's nothing worse than leaving left over makeup on your skin overnight.

Rose water and witch hazel or more often used as toners after cleansing, I believe. TBH i don't know much about either of them, but as far as makeup removing goes I'd recommend the methods above instead. They really get your face clean of all makeup.