Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars, Blemishes, Pigmentation ( Please suggest me)

MemberMember
(@avro)

Posted : 01/17/2017 8:29 am

Hi, my name is Avro and I am 31 yrs old. I am from India ( Kolkata, West Bengal). I do not know, are there any one from India, Kolkata. Acne is not a new thing for me, but things have worsen. I got  acne scars along with blemishes and pigmentation.  which is totally screwing me day by day or let say minute by minute. Deep down, I know that I am not at all OK with the situation but I don't let the emotion run in front of anyone. The reason is, there is no point in doing so ether. Well, I have never taken seriously or gave a damn about my appearance. Now, I really want to make a difference. Maybe it's late ....... However, nothing is late when you have the money power. But, there also I face challenges. 

I came to know about a skin clinic here at Kolkata, "Wizderm" I did visit them yesterday, and they told me " You have come to the right place. I was like, good. Then, they handed me a  prescription where it was written  ( Subcison + Frac Co2 laser). When I saw Subcision, I was like O_O. I knew, what does it mean.  I was no at all ready, to get myself injected with anything. I am really scared to Injection, particular when something is being push through. It's way hard for me to bear the pain. After I saw videos of Acne scar Subcision (Youtube), I was more .  They told me, they would give me anesthetic gel or kinda something like that. However, if i really want to skip that, they would only with Frac Co2 laser. I told them, okay. They told, if I can bear it the I should go with Subsicon to. The outcome would be visible after 3-4 weeks post 1st session. I was good with that. They told me, it would require 6 seating all total.  They asked me, if I am working or my work related to be in the outdoor. I told them, I do work, but it inside the office. They told me, the face would be swollen for a number of days ( 7-10) I have to avoid the sun. The cost per session would be around Rs- 10,200 ($150). This is where I was . I took my prescription, gave the consultation fee of
Rs-500 ($7.35) and left. When I went to that clinic, I had hope but now it's ...........  

(Videos / kits removed by moderator will do nothing for scars.)

Here are my question

1. Even if I do spend $150 per session, will the subsicion and Frac Co2 laser would do wonder? Is it really possible, to continue my work freely while going under this whole treatment ?

2. Is the Regimen, is another and possibly best alternative? How many kit would be required annually?

3. Is WOW, another good alternative to Regimen? If not, what are the possible alternative that I could look for? 

4. Apart from my mentioned products, please do share if you have any other alternatives as well. 

Below are my pictures and the prescription. I would request you, please look at my pics and suggest me the best possible advice.

Thank you. 

IMG_20170117_180514.jpg

IMG_20170117_180520.jpg

IMG_20170117_180532.jpg

IMG_20170117_180537.jpg

IMG_20170117_180557.jpg

IMG_20170117_180601.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/17/2017 12:54 pm

Kits will do nothing for scars. Creams will do nothing for scars.

Here are my question

Q: 1. Even if I do spend $150 per session, will the subsicion and Frac Co2 laser would do wonder? Is it really possible, to continuemy work freely while going underthis whole treatment ?
A: There is down time for any scar procedure, scars are never one and done. It can take years. Regarding subcision and laser, you could always do it on a long weekend or holiday and then go back to work in 4 days. It depends how your skin heals, you will know after the first time. Subcision, acid, laser all have some down time.

Q: 2. Is the Regimen, is another and possibly best alternative? How many kit would be required annually?
A: Kits do not work, they are for acne treatment alone.

Q: 3. Is WOW, another good alternative to Regimen? If not, what are the possible alternative that I couldlook for?
A: Kits do not work, they are for acne treatment alone.

Q: 4. Apart from my mentioned products, please do share if you have any other alternatives as well.
A; You could get the subcisions done there. Then get a microneedling machine like the Derminator and needle your skin at home every month. This would be cheaper and void doing laser which does not work for some people. Remember to use acupuncture cups after subcision for bruising (start 1 week after subcision) this helps the body produce natural collagen. If your skin can handle acid peels (does TCA work on Indian skin without causing hyperpigementation?) , you can alternate a acid peel with the microneedle to soften the skin's appearance. It will take up to a year this way, especially if you go slower because of your work. There is down time with any procedure.

IF you decide to do the subcision and laser with that clinic have them do a test spot to see how you heal before treating the whole face. This would also be easier to work if you did smaller areas at a time.

Please see my signature below, the faq link, read up on the subcision section, and under skin goto PIE ad PIH to determine how to help your hyperpigmentation.

MemberMember
(@avro)

Posted : 01/17/2017 1:02 pm

The doc told me, that to reduce the darkness fro my face they have some chemical peels. I do not know whether they can cause hyperpigmentation. So, the subcison is good? Can't I start Needling only? I fear the injection with it's medicine.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/17/2017 1:06 pm

Subcision uses no medicine, it isa good treatment, you can needle also it will help, both will. If they have some acid peels I would try some of those before doing laser, laser would be my last option as people can heal funky or get no benefit. You will have a small percentage of healing from each thing. You can do a test spot so you are not scared before doing the whole face.

MemberMember
(@avro)

Posted : 01/17/2017 1:11 pm

Subcison is quite painful. Isn't it ? Is Derminator available in India?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/17/2017 1:13 pm

Derminator is sold from Europe, if you need have a shipping forwarder sell to you, if they will not sell direct, you have them ship to forwarder who ships to india, search for Derminator by Owndoc.

No subcision is not painful, they give you numbing cream and numbing injections, always ask for this for your comfort.

MemberMember
(@avro)

Posted : 01/17/2017 1:39 pm

If I go for subcision only, will the charges be less then? And, if I do not get Derminator, any other alternatives? Dermaroller, perhaps ??

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/17/2017 2:01 pm

Yes, and sure. Laser is most expensive

Zoya321 liked
MemberMember
(@zoya321)

Posted : 10/11/2017 3:27 am

Can anyone tell me the per sitting cost of subcision? Please