Notifications
Clear all

What should i do?

MemberMember
(@89problems)

Posted : 01/16/2017 6:40 pm

Hey,

Im really bothered by My scars on My temples. Ive had Two dermastamp sessions done but No Idea what to do now... those treatments were about 1-2 years ago.

went to a dermatologist couple weeks ago and I had questions regarding fillers and if it would help. He said that the skin is damaged and that the scars aren't deep enough on my temples.

he recommended laser.

please help.

hope the picture is good enough to show what I meanIMG_0817.JPG

MemberMember
(@icanhelpyoualot)

Posted : 01/16/2017 9:27 pm

You should try Derma rolling, which is a device you buy that has micro needles on it which you roll onto scarred skin. It stimulates collagen production, which will improve your skin's elasticity and suppleness. However if not done right, derma rolling can cause infections if you dont disinfect it or share it with another person. Please do your research and some cost as low as $30! But keep note. You would definitely want the highest quality needles on your skin, so make sure the reputation of the product/company is good.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/17/2017 5:38 am

Buy the derminator you can do it at home for the cost of one treatment. It's a dermistamp machine. You can also do TCA peels on just those spots and alternate between the two. It looks like it needs subcision, cannot tell from the picture, as it's tethered. If you squeeze between fingers does it go away? Then subcision would work. Filler will work in the temples, its just extremely hard to do. Volbella works superficially. This area is hard to fill because of underlying arteries . Infini rf or miconeedle rf seems to be much better than laser these days for treatment.

MemberMember
(@yth)

Posted : 02/17/2017 5:08 pm

Time to look for another dermatologist, and continue looking until you find one that isn't pushing lasers. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/18/2017 6:25 am

You have edited with a updated picture I see.

This is textual. And on the forehead which is incredibly hard to treat, all kinds of arteriesand no fat. The only thing that works well for this is...

I get postings all the time saying fix my scars and they are textural like these scars. Microneedle will do very little for the texture. This is what TCA is for. These are boxcars and more often laser is needed with long down time, possible fat loss, and possible ...no results (or harder treatments to harsh of results). Then you have peels, the deeper the more it works, TCA can work every other month alternating with microneedle (everything heals then do next treatment), this is done for a year. Finally the most effective treatment for surface scars is dermabration, many doctors do not do it anymore. It must be done by a "facial" plastic surgeon who has done hundreds of them and can show you pictures, there is long down time, it's bloody, and you need 3 of them. But it individually files scars down to the surrounding skin,.

The other 50% of scar treatment is therapy, there is a app for those in the USA called Talkspace if you don't want to leave the house, or you can do face to face therapy.