Notifications
Clear all

Starting Accutane , help 🙁

MemberMember
(@esee)

Posted : 01/14/2017 5:59 pm

hello everyone ,
i was on differin which destroyed my skin moved me from trying to cure 5 pimples to cure 50
i went to a new dermatologist today who prescribed me :
Accutane 10 mg for 3 weeks
doxycycline 100mg daily
clindagram (clindamycine + teritinoin )
fucicort once every morning
and another steroid topical at night
i'm really really scared of the accutane initial breakout , will it be very bad?
and i'm afraid that it would dry my face that won't be able to cover it
any help?

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 01/15/2017 11:22 am

Not everyone gets an initial breakout, I haven't yet and I'm in my 3rd month so not sure if it will happen yet :/ also just make sure you moisturise often that should help the dryness. All the best 

MemberMember
(@esee)

Posted : 01/16/2017 12:47 pm

On ١٥/Ù¡/Ù٠١٧ at 6:22 PM, Misssadsack said:

Not everyone gets an initial breakout, I haven't yet and I'm in my 3rd month so not sure if it will happen yet :/ also just make sure you moisturise often that should help the dryness. All the best 

thanks for responding , i'm trying to encourage myself to start taking it  , did you experience any bad side effect?

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 01/16/2017 12:52 pm

Only you can make that choice, whatever you decide good luck :)

MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 01/16/2017 2:38 pm

i think you wont get an IB since your are on a low dose x i got mine when i was on 20mg for the second month :(

MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 01/16/2017 3:20 pm

Hey!

I am sorry for your experience with differin. In my opinion, you should have waited for your skin to settle back down to ''normal'' levels of acne before visiting a dermatologist. I think they might have gotten the wrong impression about the state of your skin and thus prescribed a combination of products that i have not seen combined before.

On 1/14/2017 at 11:59 PM, esee said:

Accutane 10 mg for 3 weeks
doxycycline 100mg daily
clindagram (clindamycine + teritinoin )
fucicort once every morning
and another steroid topical at night

Did the dermatologist prescribe you to use all these products for use during the same time frame? If so, i personally think they are nuts. Using several quite high profile drugs like accutane, doxycycline, clindagramand a topical steroid at once will not only leave you guessing which one of the drugs are helpful to your acne, and which ones are not. But might also prove to be a bad combination with long term harm.

Why on earth would one need a topical antibiotic ( clindagram ) if you are also supposed to use an oral antibiotic ( doxycycline ) ? To me, this seems like overkill. Antibiotics have no long lasting effect, and oral antibiotics also kill a lot of good bacteria in your gut. Antibiotics work well, but are not worth it for your health in the long run.

Taking a low dose of accutane is not uncommon, but the work that 10mg for 3 weeks of accutane might do seems absolutely neglect able to me. Especially in combination with the other treatments.

It would make a lot more sense to try these methods one by one, instead of throwing them all in a bonfire simultaneously and guess afterwards which products actually doused the flames.

This is just my personal take on things though! If you are certain the dermatologist is licensed and has a good reputation he/she might see more sense in it than i do.

MemberMember
(@esee)

Posted : 01/16/2017 3:35 pm

17 minutes ago, Howlingmad said:

Hey!

I am sorry for your experience with differin. In my opinion, you should have waited for your skin to settle back down to ''normal'' levels of acne before visiting a dermatologist. I think they might have gotten the wrong impression about the state of your skin and thus prescribed a combination of products that i have not seen combined before. 

Did the dermatologist prescribe you to use all these products for use during the same time frame? If so, i personally think they are nuts. Using several quite high profile drugs like accutane, doxycycline, clindagram and a topical steroid at once will not only leave you guessing which one of the drugs are helpful to your acne, and which ones are not. But might also prove to be a bad combination with long term harm.

Why on earth would one need a topical antibiotic ( clindagram ) if you are also supposed to use an oral antibiotic ( doxycycline ) ? To me, this seems like overkill. Antibiotics have no long lasting effect, and oral antibiotics also kill a lot of good bacteria in your gut. Antibiotics work well, but are not worth it for your health in the long run.

Taking a low dose of accutane is not uncommon, but the work that 10mg for 3 weeks of accutane might do seems absolutely neglect able to me. Especially in combination with the other treatments. 

It would make a lot more sense to try these methods one by one, instead of throwing them all in a bonfire simultaneously and guess afterwards which products actually doused the flames. 

This is just my personal take on things though! If you are certain the dermatologist is licensed and has a good reputation he/she might see more sense in it than i do. 

thanks for response, most probably i won't take accutane , this is my first time to have a bad breakout and i didn't try antibiotics or any other acne product long enough to remove it yet , i think it's to early to jump to accutane .
the dermatologist point of view was to dry the pimples faster as my face went crazy , but i have history of ulcers , i don't think that my intestine can tolerate accutane.
and i showed him a photo of my skin before using differin :D so he knows that my acne isn't usually that bad .

Misssadsack , asmaeee thank you for support

MemberMember
(@esee)

Posted : 01/18/2017 6:43 pm

i couldn't resist i took one pill of accutane 10 today and i really regret cause my face already starting to heal i don't want more breakouts , is it likely to have a breakout from one pill?