Notifications
Clear all

Regimen HELP 🙁

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 01/12/2017 10:58 am

Hi everyone first time posting here even though i stalk you guys all the time ;P
Well, I have been using the regimen for 3 months and im still breaking out not everyday but like once in 3 weeks (my acne is mild) but the problem is the time it takes my skin to heal from my past breakout, the next breakout comes. IDK why its not working is it because I only use it at night? But I can't use it in the morning because I use makeup for my redmarks and it makes me look clear if I don't have any breakouts. (Some have noticed which is why i always watch out on what lighting i sit in and how close i am to others, i know hard life, since i am a male)
Thanks,
Any more recommendations would be appreciated I am curentlly trying homoepathy so ill tell you guys if it works ( It has cleared my back for now) which gives me hope
I wish I could talk to people like you guys in real life <3

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@icanhelpyou1122)

Posted : 01/12/2017 12:49 pm

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/365624-you-need-to-read-this-asap-about-benzoyl-peroxide/#comment-3549150

Please look at this post. I think it will help you very much. Let me know if it helps.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/17/2017 9:32 pm

On 1/12/2017 at 10:58 AM, DandyTsunami said:

Hi everyone first time posting here even though i stalk you guys all the time ;P
Well, I have been using the regimen for 3 months and im still breaking out not everyday but like once in 3 weeks (my acne is mild) but the problem is the time it takes my skin to heal from my past breakout, the next breakout comes. IDK why its not working is it because I only use it at night? But I can't use it in the morning because I use makeup for my redmarks and it makes me look clear if I don't have any breakouts. (Some have noticed which is why i always watch out on what lighting i sit in and how close i am to others, i know hard life, since i am a male)
Thanks,
Any more recommendations would be appreciated I am curentlly trying homoepathy so ill tell you guys if it works ( It has cleared my back for now) which gives me hope
I wish I could talk to people like you guys in real life <3

It would work better if you did 2 treatments a day instead of one. That's the key to success with the Regimen...treatment should be reapplied every 10-12 hours. This will keep up with killing the acne bacteria that causes acne better than once a day treatments.

My son applies the BP in the morning and skips the moisturizer. He only moisturizes at night, after using the cleanser and reapplying BP. He's been clear for quite awhile and this deviation from  the normal routine works for him. Keeps him 99% clear, so yeah, the odd zit. Not a big deal. But this saves him tons of time in the morning before school.

Hope this is helpful! :)

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 01/17/2017 11:07 pm

1 hour ago, DeLovely said:
It would work better if you did 2 treatments a day instead of one. That's the key to success with the Regimen...treatment should be reapplied every 10-12 hours. This will keep up with killing the acne bacteria that causes acne better than once a day treatments.

My son applies the BP in the morning and skips the moisturizer. He only moisturizes at night, after using the cleanser and reapplying BP. He's been clear for quite awhile and this deviation from  the normal routine works for him. Keeps him 99% clear, so yeah, the odd zit. Not a big deal. But this saves him tons of time in the morning before school.

Hope this is helpful! :)

But I wear makeup wont it look bad ?

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/18/2017 8:14 am

9 hours ago, DandyTsunami said:
10 hours ago, DeLovely said:

But I wear makeup wont it look bad ?

Nah, lots of people wear makeup successfully over their Regimen products, including moisturizer. (Dan also wears makeup sometimes!) I'm just talking about applying the BP alone under your makeup, see if this helps keep up with the breakouts better. Give it a try.

MemberMember
(@cons)

Posted : 01/21/2017 8:38 am

You must must must do this twice a day otherwise results will not be satisfactory! Try washing your face and applying the BP before you get dressed so while you're changing, the BP is drying on your face. When it's fully absorbed apply the moisturiser. I put one pump with about 3 drops of jojoba oil and gently rub into my skin. Then I do another pump on top. I find it absorbs faster instead of slopping 2 pumps on my face at once (it's too much and takes forever to rub in). At this point the treatment is in your skin and you're fine to put makeup on. I do it every day! Just try to avoid layers of foundation. Especially if you have mild acne, just put a thin layer of a light foundation. Maybelline Fit Me is amazing. Light and great coverage. Also won't make you break out. As soon as you get home and know you're not going back out, wipe that makeup off ASAP! Hope this helps :) 

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/21/2017 6:15 pm

9 hours ago, cons said:

You must must must do this twice a day otherwise results will not be satisfactory! Try washing your face and applying the BP before you get dressed so while you're changing, the BP is drying on your face. When it's fully absorbed apply the moisturiser. I put one pump with about 3 drops of jojoba oil and gently rub into my skin. Then I do another pump on top. I find it absorbs faster instead of slopping 2 pumps on my face at once (it's too much and takes forever to rub in). At this point the treatment is in your skin and you're fine to put makeup on. I do it every day! Just try to avoid layers of foundation. Especially if you have mild acne, just put a thin layer of a light foundation. Maybelline Fit Me is amazing. Light and great coverage. Also won't make you break out. As soon as you get home and know you're not going back out, wipe that makeup off ASAP! Hope this helps :) 

Great advice!!!