Notifications
Clear all

Best Moisturizers?

MemberMember
(@fellowyogi)

Posted : 01/12/2017 9:42 am

For those of you that may have read my last post, Ive decided to slowly stop using The Exposed Care line. I contacted the company again yesterday and they said the same thing as before 5-6weeks is a good amount of time to give a product. My skin has continued to breakout terribly in places it never did before and will be 5 weeks using this product on Saturday, I highly doubt that it will all of a sudden get better in a week from using this product.

So this morning I incorporated Aqua Marina from Lush and took out the exposed toner, Im going to use the exposed cleanser at night and the spot treatments it comes with for a little while , so I don't shock my skin. Im going to add in my own toner next week which will be just witch hazel mixed with a little bit of teat tree oil. Im going to buy Mask of Magnaminty and Cosmetic Warrior from Lush as well, Ill wait to incorporate these for a little while too . My face was less red this morning from using Aqua Marina but its very dehydrated from all the chemicals Ive been using on it.

My face is super sensitive .. So much so that moisturizers scare me , as Ive broken out from many sun screens and I never needed a regular moisturizer before as my skin was perfectly balanced by its self , but now that I have struggled with acne and using BP its very flaky and dry in areas . Can you please recommend what moisturizers have worked for you and not made your skin break out .

Thank you all in advance :)!

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 01/12/2017 11:01 am

I'm going to hop off the cream and lotion train for a bit and use a spray mixed with aloe vera juice, jojoba oil, and rose water as a moisturizer. I'll let you know the results.

MemberMember
(@fellowyogi)

Posted : 01/12/2017 11:06 am

4 minutes ago, WelcomeSmirk said:

I'm going to hop off the cream and lotion train for a bit and use a spray mixed with aloe vera juice, jojoba oil, and rose water as a moisturizer. I'll let you know the results.

Awesome ! I wish you luck and please keep me posted. Also where didn't oh buy your jojoba oil ?

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 01/12/2017 11:50 am

Gel-based moisturizers with few ingredients are your best bet. Clinique has a gel one (in a yellow bottle). Hada Labo sells one for about $13 on Amazon and it also contains HA, which plumps and hydrates skin. Basically, stay away from creamy, thick moisturizers that could clog your pores.

MemberMember
(@mrfringe)

Posted : 01/12/2017 12:24 pm

I use this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avene-Hydrance-Optimale-Light-Hydrating/dp/B000Q31IVG/

It's non-comedogenic and doesn't leave a horrible feel on your skin, just sinks right in. It is a little on the expensive side but my skin seems to like it. I can't use the heavier version, which is a rich version, as it seems to be a bit thicker in texture and sometimes makes me feel oily.

Oddly enough I've tried their acne range and it didn't suit my skin either, just this one moisturiser.

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 01/12/2017 10:06 pm

10 hours ago, Fellowyogi said:
11 hours ago, WelcomeSmirk said:

Awesome ! I wish you luck and please keep me posted. Also where didn't oh buy your jojoba oil ?

In my city there are like 10 essential oil stores. All from local to organic to international. I got the organic NOW Canada brand.

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 01/12/2017 10:28 pm

added: I also only clean my face twice a week with a clay mask that I do not let dry and a muslin cloth
Apply jojoba oil mixture afterwards.

I'm a male who does not wear make-up.

MemberMember
(@fellowyogi)

Posted : 01/13/2017 10:13 am

11 hours ago, WelcomeSmirk said:

added: I also only clean my face twice a week with a clay mask that I do not let dry and a muslin cloth

oh interesting , you don't have a daily routine ? Im a female but i don't wear make up. My face is super dry from bp, so Im in need of a moisturizer lol

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 01/13/2017 12:53 pm

2 hours ago, Fellowyogi said:
14 hours ago, WelcomeSmirk said:

oh interesting , you don't have a daily routine ? Im a female but i don't wear make up. My face is super dry from bp, so Im in need of a moisturizer lol

If I was using bp I'd definitely be using a moisturizer. I don't need one I spot treat with tea tree oil dilution combo with an essential oil which doesn't leave me dry. My skin gets irritated easily so I don't touch my skin for most of the week.

MemberMember
(@fellowyogi)

Posted : 01/13/2017 4:11 pm

3 hours ago, WelcomeSmirk said:
If I was using bp I'd definitely be using a moisturizer. I don't need one I spot treat with tea tree oil dilution combo with an essential oil which doesn't leave me dry. My skin gets irritated easily so I don't touch my skin for most of the week.

You find tea tree and other oils are strong enough to heal/ stop you from breaking out? And that makes sense, have you tried gentle cleansers? like Spectro gel or cetaphil

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 01/13/2017 4:58 pm

I use Clinique and have for many years--so far, the least antagonistic one I can find in their arsenal is the Moisture Surge Thirsty Skin Relief. They have a spray, the regular gel and an "Intense" version. The Intense tends to break me out after a couple days. I think the butylene glycol is too high on the list in the spray. It used to work really well for me, but I'm questioning it lately. The regular Moisture Surge gel is okay...but it's not super hydrating. (it's better than nothing, so I stick with it for now.)
I used to be able to use the Dramatically Different a couple times a week as long as I layered it over the Moisture Surge gel, but not since they reformulated. Now it breaks me out. The Dramatically Different Gel is awful. It has the worst ingredients list as far as comedogenic ingredients go and has always either burned or broken me out.
I am going to give the new one a test run soon--the Dramatically Different Cream. It's a thicker formula, but the ingredients from a purely analytical view are better than the other options and I've read some good reviews, so I figure it's worth a try.
Good Luck!

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 01/13/2017 8:09 pm

Cetaphil brings a red colour to the edges of my face and nose, it makes me look awful. And Yeah, after I discovered tea tree oil 4 years ago I havent gone back to BP/or Saliyclic acid once.

MemberMember
(@louisemariex)

Posted : 01/14/2017 4:28 am

I found it hard to find one that helped me...garnier oil free (moisture+matte) is only one I've found that im ok with..been using it got ages now I def recommend it...