Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo Forte Journey

MemberMember
(@10footlong)

Posted : 01/11/2017 9:25 pm

I've been using Epiduo Forte (not anymore), so I wanted to start sharing how it is working out for me for those of you that are going to attempt to use it.

Sadly, my doctor decided it was time i tried accutane, because of this, I will have to end my epiduo journey and create a new journey with accutane. Overall, I will say that epiduo has helped me on certain parts of my face, but not the parts that mattered the most to me.

MemberMember
(@10footlong)

Posted : 01/11/2017 9:44 pm

First week, I started using Epiduo Forte nightly with a skin cleanser (cetaphil) and washed my face in the mornings with just the cleanser. My face looked the same but not really much to judge off of. I am also taking a acticlate 150mg tablet once daily.
Second Week,My face was starting the beginning of the acne purge, it started to become a little noticeably worse. I was still doing the same routine, my face was becoming a little more red as well.
Third Week,My face is noticeably worse than it was when it started, I've been expecting this to happen. I've been on the same routine as before. My face has been peeling more than before though, I hope that that is a good sign.
Fourth Week,I've been doing the same routine as always, but I also started a new diet that excludes dairy, sugar, and processed foods. My face is noticeably peeling from where the cysts are (on my cheek) but not anywhere else, my face is clear on one half of my face my but I only have these cysts on my cheek.
Fifth Week,Same routine, been sticking to the diet, The area near my cystic acne is still peeling but seems to slightly less red than it has been less swollen. The cyst seem to be more dry, almost like they are about to go away but I can't be too sure.
Sixth Week,I've been sticking to my diet and have been using the same acne routine. I can notice some of my cystic acne to be decreasing in size and becoming less red. I do get little pimples that are really small, but they go away in a few days. I do have some dark spots for some of the acne that has gone away but it will fade. I have heard that it can take up to two months to notice a big difference, so I will wait it out to see. That will be in few weeks.
Seventh Week,This week, I've been having small acne come and go, one side of my face looks great, the other side is where my cystic acne is. I can't tell if my cystic acne is getting smaller/ better, it is getting less red.I have an appointment with my dermatologist in a few days, so I will inform you on what they tell me and/or if I'm doing something wrong or right.

I will post again next week.

acnoo liked
MemberMember
(@10footlong)

Posted : 01/15/2017 10:16 am

If you guys have any questions about my skin, my daily routine, my diet, or any other situation, feel free to ask me! ;D