Notifications
Clear all

Skincare Routine - Recommendations for Sensitive Skin

MemberMember
(@cescafran)

Posted : 01/11/2017 1:13 pm

Hello,
I've had acne since I was 9 years old and I'm soon approaching 20. Currently, my acne is just mild and mainly consists of just small pimples, though I frequently breakout on the left and right-hand sides of my face and my forehead, and occasionally on my chin. I also have extremely sensitive skin which means I have to be cautious about what I use (for example, SLS/SLES makes my hands breakout in an itchy rash, so I don't want to risk using products containing them on my face).

At the moment, I use Witch's Oil Control Foaming Facial Wash (since early November), Superdrug's Naturally Radiant 2 in 1 Moisturiser and Serum (since 24th October), and Good Things' Deep Pore Anti Blemish Lotion (since 24th December). Whilst I checked the ingredients to make sure they don't contain any comedogenic ingredients, I feel as though my skin has become worse, particularly on my forehead.  I also use Zineryt on prescription (since July 2014) which was very effective at first, but doesn't seem to help my skin at all nowadays.

As my acne is mild and because my skin is so sensitive, I'm really hoping to finally clear my skin with products rather than prescription medication. I have looked into the Acne.org regimen kit - however, it is quite expensive, particularly to ship to the UK. I'm also looking for products that aren't tested on animals and are suitable for vegetarians. Any recommendations would be much appreciated! ^_^

MemberMember
(@barefootinbarcelona)

Posted : 02/02/2017 12:12 am

Cerve,cetaphil,panoxyl foaming acne wash(10%benzoyl peroxide),elta md suncreen, different, and duo.These can be found at local drugstore,dermatologists and/or amazon. I am unsure if sold in the U.K.

Zinc, lavender oil, willow bark, aloe vera gel can also help. Tea tree oil and witch oil is for oily skin but can irritatate sensitive skin.

I have gentic nodular/cystic acne. My skin is highly sensitive. Products/ingredients/dairy can trigger both acne and hives on face. dermatologists recommended these products. I never looked back.

I really hope this helps! XX