Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi.
Im considering in the future to use a raw homemade oatmeal mix to make a light scrub for my face.

Im just going to get a small bowl of oatmeal, water it so its nice and mushy but not too mushy and falling apart, and putting it on my face while rubbing very very gently, then washing off.

Im just wondering if others have used this instead of store brought versions and just how gentle it is as I have very sensitive skin and want to keep anything I use to a complete minimum. Im also doing a modified version of Caveman Regimen where Im washing with just water for now.

Your advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I just take plain rolled outs grind it up in magic bullet and becomes a finer powder and you can add water to it it works great as a cleanser helps calm skin and reduce oil. Try it with honey too !

Colloidal oatmeal is just ground up oatmeal.  People generally use oatmeal products for eczema but it could be soothing and moisturising for other conditions.  Probably best to grind the oatmeal as swoleMom suggests so the useful compounds in the oats can be released more efficiently into your brew.