Notifications
Clear all

Post acne hyperpigmentation

MemberMember
(@resolvingtest)

Posted : 01/08/2017 8:10 pm

Any advice on what would speed up the process in healing hyperpigmentation on the face?

IMG_3081.JPG

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 01/08/2017 9:08 pm

I hate to be negative, but the only thing that really helps with hyperpigmentation, besides getting certain treatments by a dermatologist, is just time. Try to avoid anything that's strong and irritating, and most importantly, try to avoid the products (if any) that led to your hyperpigmentation.
Overall, I've found that drinking water helps make your skin look better, so that might make the severity of the hyperpigmentation go down a bit.

Sorry  I don't have too much good advice :( Hope it helped and remember to stay positive!

MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 01/08/2017 10:43 pm

Collagen & Zinc pills will help speed up the process. Topical approach alone won't help, you need something from internal side.
Agreed with Stephen J. Let time do the healing work. Also, try to prevent pimples from the beginning.

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 01/08/2017 11:02 pm

That looks like PIE to me, not just PIH. PIE is more difficult to treat because it's the dilation of blood vessels in the skin that gives that inflamed, reddish look...i.e., macules. PIH is brown, purplish or blackish colored spots.

PIE is best treated with a laser [fast result], being extremely gentle with your skin and moisturizing adequately [I prefer hyaluronic acid since it boosts collagen], finacea gel [it's used for rosacea, so it works well for post-inflammation marks],and time. PIE is definitely slow to fade and I feel your pain...I've had PIE marks that have persisted for months, like my PIH, and I'm fed up. Hoping that my new HA and Vitamin C serum will help fade it faster.

MemberMember
(@resolvingtest)

Posted : 01/14/2017 11:55 pm

I just finished up an isostretinoin cycle for 5 months I just have the left over marks on my face

On 1/8/2017 at 11:02 PM, cloudydreamer said:

That looks like PIE to me, not just PIH. PIE is more difficult to treat because it's the dilation of blood vessels in the skin that gives that inflamed, reddish look...i.e., macules. PIH is brown, purplish or blackish colored spots.

PIE is best treated with a laser [fast result], being extremely gentle with your skin and moisturizing adequately [I prefer hyaluronic acid since it boosts collagen], finacea gel [it's used for rosacea, so it works well for post-inflammation marks],and time. PIE is definitely slow to fade and I feel your pain...I've had PIE marks that have persisted for months, like my PIH, and I'm fed up. Hoping that my new HA and Vitamin C serum will help fade it faster.

I've been using an aha souffle, I'm going to look into your suggestions though I do think time is a big part of it

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 01/15/2017 9:09 am

9 hours ago, ResolvingTest said:

I just finished up an isostretinoin cycle for 5 months I just have the left over marks on my face

I've been using an aha souffle, I'm going to look into your suggestions though I do think time is a big part of it

Yeah, you want to definitely make sure you give yourself over 6 months (maybe even a year) before doing any derma rolling or lasers after Accutane. Apparently, it can be detrimental to do it any sooner.

I'm sure the HA gel and Vitamin C will work fine for you. Being as gentle as possible to your skin is super important right now since Accutane can make it thinner and more easily damaged. Hada Labo has a good HA moisturizer with barely any ingredients. I use Ollie Henriksen's Vitamin C serum because it's supposed to promote collagen production and help with scarring.