Notifications
Clear all

Progress? I'm not sure, please help *Pics

MemberMember
(@sa-man-duh)

Posted : 01/08/2017 3:47 am

Soooo I am wondering if my acne is getting better or worse, I cant tell. I have a few whiteheads and breakouts, and alot of red spots. I am trying to figure out a way to get rid of them, but everything seems hopeless. My regimen for tonight is Cerave Cleanser, a mix of witch hazel ( 40 drops) and tea tree oil (2 drops ) and moisturizer. I'm I doin something wrong, or is my skin actually healing?  Also, whats a good way to get rid of those damned red spots? Thank you guys. 
20170108_022653.jpg20170108_022709.jpg20170108_022754.jpg

MemberMember
(@paleoherewego)

Posted : 01/09/2017 6:01 am

Hey.

My skin was like yours this past summer.

I tried the natural way but honestly it didn't work for me. I hope it works for you!

The only thing that has cleared my skin has been BP gel 2.5. I use it exclusively at night. It took about 12 weeks to clear.

After my skin cleared I added differin into the mix (on my cheeks at night) to help with the PIH but it still have some PIE which is fading (with the help of Aloe and vaseline). I continue to use BP on my forehead and to spot treat.

Wash face with gentle cleanser. Wait 20 minutes. Apply BP/differin. Wait 20 (or more) minutes then moisturise.

I have oily skin so I use a matte T tree moisturiser in the morning but use a non-commodogenic emollient at night to rehydrate my skin.

I have two small psutules at the moment and that's about the norm. They go away quickly and don't leave a mark now. Otherwise my skin is clear. Thankfully. I hope it stays that way. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@sa-man-duh)

Posted : 02/03/2017 3:07 pm

@BP+DIFFDo I put the BP, right on the red marks? or all over the face?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/03/2017 3:57 pm

Bp will do nothing for PIE, it's for the zits. You can use aloe vera and honey or triple antibiotic cream. To learn more about what PIE is goto my signature below then the faq link and the skin section find PIE.

MemberMember
(@paleoherewego)

Posted : 02/05/2017 11:28 am

On 03/02/2017 at 11:07 PM, Sa-man-duh said:
@BP+DIFFDo I put the BP, right on the red marks? or all over the face?

The BP is for the acne,as @beautifulambitionsaid.
Put the BP on the active acne.
Aloe is great for PIE but, be aware, that this will take months to clear though there is significant improvement in that time.
Differin for PIH.

MemberMember
(@gonzoee86)

Posted : 02/05/2017 1:39 pm

hello, so my skin actually looks just like yours. I find that the mask from lush, mask of magnaminty, really helps me. It reduces my breakouts as well as my red spots which are my most stubborn skin problem. I use it 3-4 times a week because it is a clay base mask and that can dry out the skin a bunch. I also get cystic acne and this mask has helped it tremendously. I also use AMBI fade cream which has 2% Hydroquinone in it every once in a while. I try not to use that too much because it can make my skin feel super sensitive. This is just what has been working for me. Also if you go into a lush store the staff is usually super helpful in finding a mask that will work for you. Like I think the brazened honey mask is something similar but more intense and they told me to try mask of magnaminty first. Good Luck! :)

MemberMember
(@sa-man-duh)

Posted : 02/08/2017 3:58 pm

@Gonzoee86 I actually LUSH products about two years ago, and they completely cleared my skin. I had a few breakouts here and there, but nothing severe. As time went on, however, the products were not doing their magic anymore, thus creating cystic acne on my skin. I believe it was in the year 2016, that my acne was the worst I have ever had. I tried the LUSH products I had tried out before, but they were not working, so I tried Acne.org, and within June of last year, my skin was clear again. But in August, I started to break out again. So now, this year, I am using Dr.Bronners Magic Soap as a cleanser, witch hazel for a toner, AHA from Acne.org, and the acne.org Moisturizer. Sometimes, I would use a Dead Sea Mud Mask, up to 3 times a week, or an Aztec mask with Apple Cider Vinegar; after cleansing. I know I haven't post any pictures of what my skin looks like now, but I am extremely pleased with what this regimen has done for the past month. My skin is clear now, and I have very few harsh red marks, also it looks vibrant and soft. Thank you so much for your advice I appreciate in you taking your time to reply to my questions. By the way, the products I used from LUSH were AquaMarina Cleanser, Catastrophe Cosmetic Mask, and their Tea Tree Water.