Notifications
Clear all

ACV and Jojoba Oil Question (pics)

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 01/05/2017 4:01 pm

Hi.
Im currently doing a modified version of the caveman regimen and im thinking afterwards (a month or so) to start using a minimize level of products if I feel its needed and  Im wondering, what about just using ACV (apple cider vinegar) as a cleanser + toner morning and night (or maybe just once, but what time is best?) And then Jojoba Oil as a mosituriser?
And thats it.

I have mild to moderate acne (I think) and hyperpigmentation. Im also 31. My main acne are cysts, pustules, whiteheads and blackheads (but only on my nose). My acne is also hormonal.

Any thoughts or ideas would be very much appreciated.

20170104_184442.jpg

20170104_184450.jpg

MemberMember
(@cons)

Posted : 01/05/2017 5:43 pm

If you want to keep it really basic, ACV will dry your skin out so make sure whatever you use to moisturize can be good enough for this. The purpose of a toner is to bring your skins pH level back to normal after you cleanse. If you aren't cleansing I'm not sure how well your skin will react to ACV. If you're willing to actually have just a mild routine, I would recommend Vichy Normaderm cleanser. It's very light and gentle. Rub softly into your skin for 10 seconds or less and pat dry. Then you can use ACV with water as a toner and moisturize with Jojoba oil (you will need it). Maybe just do this at night to clean away all the dirt that has collected in your pores throughout the day.

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 01/05/2017 6:17 pm

32 minutes ago, cons said:

If you want to keep it really basic, ACV will dry your skin out so make sure whatever you use to moisturize can be good enough for this. The purpose of a toner is to bring your skins pH level back to normal after you cleanse. If you aren't cleansing I'm not sure how well your skin will react to ACV. If you're willing to actually have just a mild routine, I would recommend Vichy Normaderm cleanser. It's very light and gentle. Rub softly into your skin for 10 seconds or less and pat dry. Then you can use ACV with water as a toner and moisturize with Jojoba oil (you will need it). Maybe just do this at night to clean away all the dirt that has collected in your pores throughout the day.

ohh thank you for that. I live in Australia and im not sure we have that cleanser. I read that ACV can also be used as a cleaner so I saw it as a two in one type deal.

MemberMember
(@cons)

Posted : 01/06/2017 8:52 am

Hmmm.. I think I read that ACV as a cleanser is basically just getting a cotton pad and soaking it with the ACV, rubbing it on your face directly and washing it off. ACV is VERY strong lol and I wouldn't recommend putting it onto your skin by itself like that. That's why I like it as a toner because it is mixed with water, plus you don't have to wash it off so it just seeps into your skin all day/night and does its job. But then again using it without a cleanser first might throw off your skins pH balance. If you don't have access to the Vichy line, try the acne.org cleanser. It lathers into the most silky texture and is super soft and gentle on skin. Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 01/06/2017 2:30 pm

Yeah I think im just going to see how my skin is after this month or 2 are up and then decide what (if anything), it needs. Def dont want to get back into such products if I can help it. Thank you for your help. Think ill stay away from ACV.