Notifications
Clear all

How did people treat you after getting rid of your acne

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 01/01/2017 4:05 pm

Were there people who hated you, that started treating you better?

MemberMember
(@jwalk)

Posted : 01/02/2017 8:19 am

I think society in general started treating me better. I don't think I've been laughed at or abused by strangers since my acne cleared up. I've noticed that people became a lot more tolerant of me. They are generally more positive, patient and helpful. They are also a lot less assertive with me, whereas before they would treat me like a doormat and speak to me however they pleased (not necessarily abusive, but aggressively and in a patronising manner). It feels more like I'm on a level playing field now, in social terms anyway.Interestingly, my "friends" who have known me since I had acne still treat me like I'm the runt of the litter.

I tend to avoid people who actively hated me so I've no idea (and couldn't really care less) if their opinions of me have changed. I have encountered a couple of bullies from school on nights out, but they claimed not to remember me.

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 01/03/2017 12:34 am

16 hours ago, jwalk said:

I think society in general started treating me better. I don't think I've been laughed at or abused by strangers since my acne cleared up. I've noticed that people became a lot more tolerant of me. They are generally more positive, patient and helpful. They are also a lot less assertive with me, whereas before they would treat me like a doormat and speak to me however they pleased (not necessarily abusive, but aggressively and in a patronising manner). It feels more like I'm on a level playing field now, in social terms anyway.Interestingly, my "friends" who have known me since I had acne still treat me like I'm the runt of the litter.

I tend to avoid people who actively hated me so I've no idea (and couldn't really care less) if their opinions of me have changed. I have encountered a couple of bullies from school on nights out, but they claimed not to remember me.

Hey, you're an amazing person for sharing this. It helps me deal with having acne a lot.

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 01/03/2017 12:55 am

This one dude at my work right now has severe cystic acne. He's super confident,keeps getting promoted and has girls chasing him . I imagine people would treat him the same if he didn't have acne.

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 01/03/2017 4:46 pm

15 hours ago, WelcomeSmirk said:

This one dude at my work right now has severe cystic acne. He's super confident,keeps getting promoted and has girls chasing him . I imagine people would treat him the same if he didn't have acne.

Can you explain what about him is confident? It would help people do what he's doing so they don't get treated poorly for having bad acne.

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 01/03/2017 10:38 pm

Sure.

-He's energetic and stays busy on his agenda
-Always smiling
-When he wants to talk to you he locks you dead in the eyes and speaks without breaking contact (people who are conscious about their acne tend to let their eyes gaze and back away from people as they speak in a subconscious tone)
- When he walks he has a full stride like he`s going somewhere important and maintains a great posture as he moves in general
-When he makes decisions he backs it up, so when people have their doubts he can shove it in their faces modestly
- He has a tone that makes him sound curious and interested into what you`re saying, you feel like he`s present all the time

Honestly if he told me he had never worried about his acne ever in his life, I would believe him because that`s how he acts. I`m sure he does worry and stress because it is severe. I mean, I don't know if I could pull what he does off.

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 01/04/2017 12:12 am

1 hour ago, WelcomeSmirk said:

Sure.

-He's energetic and stays busy on his agenda
-Always smiling
-When he wants to talk to you he locks you dead in the eyes and speaks without breaking contact (people who are conscious about their acne tend to let their eyes gaze and back away from people as they speak in a subconscious tone)
- When he walks he has a full stride like he`s going somewhere important and maintains a great posture as he moves in general
-When he makes decisions he backs it up, so when people have their doubts he can shove it in their faces modestly
- He has a tone that makes him sound curious and interested into what you`re saying, you feel like he`s present all the time

Honestly if he told me he had never worried about his acne ever in his life, I would believe him because that`s how he acts. I`m sure he does worry and stress because it is severe. I mean, I don't know if I could pull what he does off.

Does anyone ever try to insult him because of his acne? Did he ever have any good comebacks? Also how tall is he and does he have a good body? When I look at people in the eyes they're normally the first person that looks away. Even when I walk with my head up and smile, I still get comments from strangers. I wish that there was a video of him that I could see.

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 01/04/2017 12:18 am

you should videotape yourself and show us that might be a better way to fix it.

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 01/04/2017 12:23 am

2 minutes ago, WelcomeSmirk said:

you should videotape yourself and show us that might be a better way to fix it.

I don't think so, everyone would have a different opinion. I would like to see a video of him, to do what he does perfectly.