Notifications
Clear all

8 things that helped me overcome my acne battle

MemberMember
(@beautyandblemishes)

Posted : 12/31/2016 1:04 pm

8 things that helped me overcome my acne battle
Hello Beautiful people below is a list of things that hashelped me get through my struggle with acne. I hope this list is helpful to each of you. Attached is a link to my Youtube video that will cover this topic more in depth. Please check it out and subscribe to my channel. [Edited link out]

1. Do research
- I did research that surrounded the ins and outs of acne. Iprimarily researched the causes of acne, with the information Iwas able to find solutions. I reviewed products beforeuse & Itested products only on one area of my face first.

2. I learned how to properly treat acne
- Ilearned what and what not todo foracne prone skin. Such as NEVER sleeping in makeup, and being sure to always Cleanse, Tone & Moisture my skin twice a day. Also, I learned my skin type, and better eating habits to decrease my acne.

3. IStopped using heavy liquidmakeup
- I gave my skin time to breath and properly healby transitioning toa lightweight mineral makeup instead of liquid foundation. On most days I donot wear any makeup at all. This decision was hard, yet has greatly helped improve my skin.

4. I removed toxic people and relationships out of my life.
-I made the decision to remove toxic people out of my life who were constantly criticizingmy damaged skin. I didn't spend any time addressing negative people nor negative comments. Most people WILL NOT understand your daily struggles with acne-be sure to protect your space by not allowing others opinions to affect you somuch.

5. I read motivational/self helpbooks and watched uplifting videos
-An amazing book that Iread was "15 invaluable laws of growth" (by John C. Maxwell)every sunday I tuned in to Oprah's network to watch Super Soul Sundays, and I listened to uplifting podcasts and youtube videos. These actions gave me the strength to make it through My hard days.

6. I found beauty in my flaws.
- I convinced myself that I was uniquely and beautifully made despite my flaws. i instilled in my head that my imperfections are what makes me beautiful.

7. I begin to blog and discuss my feelings
-Starting the Beauty& Blemishes movement has helped me uplift otherpeople,which has pulled me through my tough times with struggling with acne.

8.Ilearned to love myself
- Ifound a new everlasting love for myself. I reminded myself that I have so much to offer.Ispent timeexploring the skills and qualities that Ienjoy most about myself. My struggle with acne taught me how tobe strong and feelundefeated. I now believe that Ican overcome any hardship throughout my life.

Thanks for reading beauties. Please share your thoughts about this blog entry by posting what is helping you overcome your acne battle. I would love to know and possibly givethem a try. Be sure to check out my youtube channel.
Until next time- Stay positive, Stay Determined, Stay BEAUTIFUL.

kccopley, ariunbold, Aus.Missoo and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 01/01/2017 4:56 pm

Thank you for sharing what helped you. Me posting on this forum helps me.

MemberMember
(@beautyandblemishes)

Posted : 01/04/2017 11:42 am

On 1/1/2017 at 3:56 PM, KillMeNow33 said:

Thank you for sharing what helped you. Me posting on this forum helps me.

Aww thank you very much. It truly warms my heart to know that I have helped you. Please stay strong towards your recovery. Let's stay connected. (I have followed your blog-return the favor)

MemberMember
(@soundschedule)

Posted : 02/11/2017 4:11 am

Beauty&Blemishes-reading this post and the rest of your articles/videos made me so happy and uplifted!

My favorite part of this website is people coming together from all walks of life and helping one another and this post exemplifies all that and more. I'm all about being positive and happy- and your confidence and grace help me carry on. Thank you for all that you do for other people, lifting them up, and sharing your story and love with others. You are truly amazing. Stay strong and powerful!

MemberMember
(@beautyandblemishes)

Posted : 02/15/2017 3:25 pm

On 2/11/2017 at 3:11 PM, Soundschedule said:

Beauty&Blemishes-reading this post and the rest of your articles/videos made me so happy and uplifted!

My favorite part of this website is people coming together from all walks of life and helping one another and this post exemplifies all that and more. I'm all about being positive and happy- and your confidence and grace help me carry on. Thank you for all that you do for other people, lifting them up, and sharing your story and love with others. You are truly amazing. Stay strong and powerful!

Wow! your comment just made me cry. It warms my heart beyond words to know that I helped you. I would 100% agree with you, I love this website and everything that it exemplifies. This Website has helped meget through one of the hardest times of my life. If it's ok with you, can I use your comment to show others the support and love I endure through telling my story?

[removed]

Stay positive! Stay determined! Stay Beautiful