Notifications
Clear all

Could my breakouts be Candida overgrowth, food sensitivity? (Pics included )

MemberMember
(@swolemom)

Posted : 12/30/2016 9:50 pm

I posted in hormonal acne section but starting to think maybe my breakouts are something other than hormonal . I'm 27 my skin was clear through my pregnancy 2 years ago even after breastfeeding then last year I got this breakouts only on my right side of my face . Three months ago  started not getting them on both sides of my face after I came back from vacation I got the same on my previous side that was clear . ( I had a lot of caffeine and sugar on that trip) I believed it Contributed to my breakouts even more.

I eat clean I train gym pretty much everyday so my lifestyle  is heathy. So could this be possibly a Candida  overgrowth or a food sensitivities ??My breakouts are all under the skin and barely heal by the time another pops up . My skin looks really irritated and red sometimes itchy and you can see the texture is really rough and bumpy . 

I am am a big believer in diet and holistic care and my body trying to tell me something is off . Any suggestions?

IMG_9744.JPG

IMG_9747.JPG

IMG_9748.JPG

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 12/30/2016 10:00 pm

My guess would be hormonal acne...hormones can play some not-so-funny tricks, especially after having a kid or two! Jaw acne is such a typical location for hormonal acne to strike. Consider trying birth control or spiro, these might help. If you're concerned about candida, then Saccharomyces Boulardii might be just the thing for you! It's an all-natural yeast killer, and also a holistic acne remedy! It's basically a pharmaceutical brewer's yeast, just way more potent. Look for Klaire Labs brand products, they're the best in the probiotics business and available OTC at health food stores, nutritionists, and pharmacies which have a compounding lab. Also available on-line! My son actually has a candida issue and this has been the best thing for his acne!! :)
Klaire-Labs-Saccharomyces-Boulardii-60-V

The only way to know for sure if candida is at the back of it would be to have an organic acid test. It's a urine test that also tests for candida. Most nutritionists offer this test but it is usually not covered by insurance.

swoleMom liked
MemberMember
(@swolemom)

Posted : 12/30/2016 10:19 pm

@DeLovelyThank you for the suggestion above I def will look into this saccoromyces and see if it helps . I don't have insurance so I know gonna pay arma
nd a leg for any of these tests.. so was considering seeing a homeopathic doctor to run tests are suggests more
natural remedies

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 01/09/2017 10:32 am

Jawline/around the mouth/chin = hormonal hot spots for acne. Before you take anything, I'd highly recommend getting a full thyroid and sex hormone panel run, to measure your estrogen, testosterone, progesterone, DHEA, cortisol, T3, TSH etc...acne is a sign of an internal issue.

But hormonal acne can also be kept under control with products. I've had success so far by using exfoliating acids. They do a much better job at keeping my pores clear vs. OTC SA and BP spot treatments. Acids are trial and error until you find the best one for your specific skin type, but so far I really love Mandelic acid. I'm super sensitive and it doesn't irritate me - it actually helps. Even with cystic acne and comedones, which is incredible.

If you adopt a diet high in omega 3s, you'll effectively eliminate your desire for sweets, starches and excess bad carbs, which all helps with candida overgrowth and leaky gut as well. Omega 3s - both in diet and supplementation -are essential for fixingacne.

MemberMember
(@swolemom)

Posted : 01/09/2017 9:44 pm

@cloudydreamerI am fed trying to go the more natural route I too am also finding that natural products don't irritate me as much . I am
consideing getting functional lab testing done through a homeopathic doctor to finally see whether it could be any of the above and then go from there .

i have also incoporated supplements or vitamin D3, zinc, Camu camu powder which is highest form
of vitamin c (not fake absorbing acid ). Omega 3 And still adding in probiotics of 20 billion although I am having random bloating throughout the day / some digestion issues . Could be a link to my gut then .

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 01/09/2017 11:22 pm

1 hour ago, swoleMom said:
@cloudydreamerI am fed trying to go the more natural route I too am also finding that natural products don't irritate me as much . I am
consideing getting functional lab testing done through a homeopathic doctor to finally see whether it could be any of the above and then go from there .

i have also incoporated supplements or vitamin D3, zinc, Camu camu powder which is highest form
of vitamin c (not fake absorbing acid ). Omega 3 And still adding in probiotics of 20 billion although I am having random bloating throughout the day / some digestion issues . Could be a link to my gut then .

Natural methods can work really well if you understand what's going on from the inside. But trying a bunch of weird methods might not work otherwise since they could be targeting the wrong area or exacerbating an underlying hormone imbalance. That's what happened to me with Zinc. I was doing research today and read that Zinc - without supplementing copper and other minerals - can raise free T levels if you're deficient OR boost copper, which in turn worsens estrogen dominance (and acne). I believe the latter happened to me, and that's why Zinc broke me out so badly...I also think this is why the pill made me get a horrible breakout [adding estrogen to estrogen dominance = worse breakouts]. BUT I am having a hormone panel run this upcoming week to confirm. It's best to do it around day 21-23 of your cycle. The fact that caffeine broke you out makes me wonder if you're also estrogen dominant, since 3 cups of coffee/day began my first bad breakouts last year...and evidently, coffee triggers hormonal acne.

I would say diet is better than just taking supplements. Having high fiber, good proteins and lots of omega 3 foods is essential for acne. It will help you heal your gut. I just picked up Chia seeds today since they're the best for omega 3 when you can't always eat fish.

MemberMember
(@swolemom)

Posted : 01/10/2017 9:30 am

@cloudydreamerDefinitely have to be careful luckily my zinc has copper in it to balance it I didn't know though zinc can exaggerate estrogen levels . Honestly my face has been at it's most calm not where I need it to be but it's less angry since supplements .
Caffeine and sugar suck just aggravate inflammation and caffeine stresses the adrenals to pump out more hormones.

I notices two two days after ovulation my face was the clearest so trying to understand what that can mean for me in regards to hormones .

I usually have a healthy diet clean foods but since I am considered a body builder I have to take in certain number of carbs to lift and perform and yesterday was a high carb day and man my stomach was so bloated looked like I was couple months pregnant . Def think food sensitivity or timing of carbs or fact that indonbetter on low carb works better for me

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 01/26/2017 7:02 pm

for candida overgrowth, give yourself break from bread several times a week.. best tea for hormonal, nettle and raspberry leaves(mix equal portions and make as a tea)can find at high end stores
oh try drinking buttermilk/kefir too!
good luck!:)

swoleMom liked
MemberMember
(@swolemom)

Posted : 03/17/2017 12:49 pm

Any suggestions on yeast cleanses ? Thinking I have a build up of fungal folliculitis due to yeast buildup the only reason why my skin gets itchy and i live off hydrocortisone and antihistamine pills. I know regular breakouts aren't itchy and this red . So either Candida buildup on my skin or food sensitivities

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 03/17/2017 10:28 pm

Olive leaf extract/pills are great for candida. I was getting lots of pimples on my chin too, so I did a cleanse with the olive leaf pills for 2 months and it helped a bit, but not by much.

AhaGuru and swoleMom liked
MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 03/24/2017 12:50 am

On March 17, 2017 at 10:49 AM, swoleMom said:

Any suggestions on yeast cleanses ? Thinking I have a build up of fungal folliculitis due to yeast buildup the only reason why my skin gets itchy and i live off hydrocortisone and antihistamine pills. I know regular breakouts aren't itchy and this red . So either Candida buildup on my skin or food sensitivities

Give yourself break from wheat of any kind and process food certain days of the week, . You'll see a huge difference how you feel. Start with baby steps one day break, two day break and so on. Thats why God gave Passover holiday to Jewish people to not eat any yeasted food for certain period. God commandment are awesome if we follow them, like fasting for example, FASTING CURES MENTAL, PHYSICAL, AND SPIRITUAL ILLNESSES of any kind its a FACT!