Oily skin oily eyel...

Notifications
Clear all

Oily skin oily eyelid eye sting and burn

MemberMember
(@mechance)

Posted : 12/27/2016 5:41 pm

Hello
I haven't had acne problem so much but i have extremely oily skin. it's true my skin get so oily it's sting my eyes very often. I'm not english speaking country man so my english is bad pls understand me. i'm 23years old men.i have extremely oily skin since 14 15years old start but an important thing is my oily skin sting my eyes very often. it makes me hard it almost everyday burn my eyes if i dont wash my face in 12 hours it start sting my eyes. my eye around oily my eyelid all my face is oily and my eyes often itching redness tired burn of course i using for oily skin cleanser and after use moisturizer and i search internet google last 2 years i find i think my problem is heredity and hormone levels. what am i to do i really dont know i have no idea but i find one men i dont know his name but his account name is jason222 this guy get with the same symptoms as me i don't know he where now he's last post is 4years ago and i just want meet him and ask him do you solution this problem?
and i really need guys your help pls help me i really stressed and actually it oily eyelid is cause my vission problem.

MemberMember
(@mindfultuber)

Posted : 07/11/2017 9:49 am

Hi, I've been lurking for years on this site. Just now I joined just because I see no one has replied to this question.

I have a similar problem (I have stinging eyes if I don't wash my face at least twice a day, but my eyelids aren't any oilier than the rest of my face.) I simply deal with it by washing my face as needed. I am not a man btw, and that doesn't matter. Anyone can be prone to this, not just men. Please make sure you are using a GENTLE face wash in accordance with the guidelines on this site. I'd also suggest looking up Paula Begoun's site for her recommendations. Cerave Foaming Face Wash, works great for me. Cetaphil Dermacontrol would be my second choice. (I also use these brands' lotions for oily skin.)

Another possibility is that you might have blepharitis in one or both eyes. Look it up!

Mechance liked
MemberMember
(@mechance)

Posted : 07/16/2017 6:56 pm

On 7/11/2017 at 11:49 PM, MindfulTuber said:

Hi, I've been lurking for years on this site. Just now I joined just because I see no one has replied to this question.

I have a similar problem (I have stinging eyes if I don't wash my face at least twice a day, but my eyelids aren't any oilier than the rest of my face.) I simply deal with it by washing my face as needed. I am not a man btw, and that doesn't matter. Anyone can be prone to this, not just men. Please make sure you are using a GENTLE face wash in accordance with the guidelines on this site. I'd also suggest looking up Paula Begoun's site for her recommendations. Cerave Foaming Face Wash, works great for me. Cetaphil Dermacontrol would be my second choice. (I also use these brands' lotions for oily skin.)

Another possibility is that you might have blepharitis in one or both eyes. Look it up!

Thanks for the comment. This comment has already been written for 7 months! I have tried many. Omega 3, Zinc, Vitamin B5, B Complex, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3 didn't help much. You're right. I have blepharitis and having dry eye. But i think it's not related to my oily eyelid! I know it three months ago and are managing eyelids. But my oil seem to make eye worse. I think that all I can do is wash my face twice a day. Therefore, began to use good products for oily skin. And I bought a tea tree cleanser, tea tree toner yesterday from the bodyshop. I used the product I bought last night at 11 o'clock, now morning 9 o'clock and the oil on my face is still stinging in the eyes. I have to go wash my face now kkk.I think I should try all of the products that you were recommend!!! Have you ever used oil products? Argan oil jojoba oil I heard these products are good for oily skin i didn't use it yet but these products I think should try it. By the way Thank you again!

MemberMember
(@mindfultuber)

Posted : 09/25/2017 11:43 am

Hi, I checked for a few days but I should have kept checking for the rest of the week, as I let life take me away from this site again. Sorry for the delay replying. (And I'm still surprised no one else has anything to say.)

I wouldn't use anything from the Body Shop. The ingredients are going to be kind of irritating. When I'm going to try a new product for my skin, I usually go to Paula Begoun's Beautypedia site for info first. The focus there is on finding products that work best for your skin without being irritating. Body shop products tend to be very irritating. Irritating products will just stimulate your skin to produce more oil! You can see the ratings for different Body Shop tea tree oil products here [Edited link out] for example.

Gentler products like Cerave and Cetaphil tend to be a safer bet. You also might be able to get Paula's Choice products if you want. If you want more reviews from ordinary people who have used the products, search on Amazon or Walmart, too. People will often say what kind of skin they have and how it worked for them, so that usually helps. Other than that, stick to the official advice in the "regimen" here, even if you skip the benzoyl peroxide step or just use it as a spot treatment like me.

I only use oils like argan oil and jojoba on my hair, never on my skin. There was an "oil cleansing" trend a while back, but it was a bad idea. Rubbing oil on your face doesn't clean your skin. Even if you follow the instructions right, it will just dehydrate your skin, leading to more irritation and/or oil production.

MemberMember
(@jonnyboy13)

Posted : 10/10/2017 2:35 pm

Hi there. I've been dealing with a similar issue for a few years myself. At first, I thought it was my contacts doing it. But after not using them for a year I've realized it's the oil near my eyes. It only really bothers me when I wake up in the morning. Don't know what's doing that, possibly rubbing my eyes during sleep. My eye doctor prescribed "Restasis" eye drops, and that's helped somewhat. But aside from keeping my hands and face washed perfectly, along with pillowcases being changed often, the one thing that has helped me greatly is a sleep mask, like a blindfold that's shaped to not put pressure on the eyelids. That has made the most difference of all. Together with the eye drops and not touching my eyes except with washed hands, the horrible pain and 5-10 minutes of blindness upon waking every day is now a minor issue to me. Hope this helps!

Mechance liked
MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 10/10/2017 3:37 pm

I've had some issues with what has been labelled corneal abrasions which sounds a lot like what Jonnyboy13 describes. A regular fish oil supplement seems to be making a difference for me.

Mechance liked